Roast Should Richmond begin searching for Luke Meehan's replacement immediately?

Should Richmond look for a big bucks, top tier replacement for Luke "The Punt Rd Slasher" Meehan?

• Yes. Club needs to be ruthless and "Pay the Price!".

• No. We should back in Meehan and gamble our aging stars bodies, potentially sacrificing 2024.

• No. replace with another el cheapo McGee with their online $29 P.T cert IV and cross our fingers.

• Undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish as he would know nearly the majority of the list from being an assistant at Melbourne. If he doesn't then that strengthens my point
If Yze doesn't give all the aplayers the ability to start with a clean slate, he looses all credibility and trust with the playing group.

His preconceived ideas on players may be his baseline to begin judgements, but he can' come in with mindset of just sacking players without them getting a chance.

Look at MRJ. On last year he wouldn't be getting a game, but with whatever Ooze has done this year, he has improved.

It's also why I understand Kmac might have earnt a spot at the start of the pre-season, but after the 2 pre season games, or even at least round 1, his output was enough to confirm a position (to be dropped so I am clear)

Rubbish as he would know nearly the majority of the list from being an assistant at Melbourne. If he doesn't then that strengthens my point

You're off the mark on this point. You can't really know the players until you see them up close. We all despised Castagna, but if the coaches orders were to run around like a headless chook, kill momentum, fluff sitters, give hospital passes then he was 10/10 at following instruction. There's 700 players league wide. He would've paid close attention to Tigers list as he was going for the job but he still was a Demons coach last year. Owing to the now ludicrous VFL fixture and opening and gather rounds and injuries there's still a heap of players he's hardly seen play at Punt Rd. We've had 2 magoo's games and because of EMG's and VFL bye's he's hardly seen a lot of some players. Banks and Clarke have been mucked around.

I'm liking what Richo and Greener's have said about this year comparing it to Northey's 1st year. He's gonna get to look at everybody, giving plenty of opportunity to all the kids and fringe players. We've got 20 uncontracted players and he has the year to decide who he wants to keep and who he wants to offload. All these injuries will be a blessing as look at Miller and Mansell they've taken their opportunities and will be rewarded come contract time. Soon blokes like Cumbo and Ralphsmith will get their chances with a clean slate.

If Yze doesn't give all the aplayers the ability to start with a clean slate, he looses all credibility and trust with the playing group.

His preconceived ideas on players may be his baseline to begin judgements, but he can' come in with mindset of just sacking players without them getting a chance.

Look at MRJ. On last year he wouldn't be getting a game, but with whatever Ooze has done this year, he has improved.

It's also why I understand Kmac might have earnt a spot at the start of the pre-season, but after the 2 pre season games, or even at least round 1, his output was enough to confirm a position (to be dropped so I am clear)
MRJ got a game bc he was needed as we are slow as treacle. It helps him play the tractors.

You're off the mark on this point. You can't really know the players until you see them up close. We all despised Castagna, but if the coaches orders were to run around like a headless chook, kill momentum, fluff sitters, give hospital passes then he was 10/10 at following instruction. There's 700 players league wide. He would've paid close attention to Tigers list as he was going for the job but he still was a Demons coach last year. Owing to the now ludicrous VFL fixture and opening and gather rounds and injuries there's still a heap of players he's hardly seen play at Punt Rd. We've had 2 magoo's games and because of EMG's and VFL bye's he's hardly seen a lot of some players. Banks and Clarke have been mucked around.

I'm liking what Richo and Greener's have said about this year comparing it to Northey's 1st year. He's gonna get to look at everybody, giving plenty of opportunity to all the kids and fringe players. We've got 20 uncontracted players and he has the year to decide who he wants to keep and who he wants to offload. All these injuries will be a blessing as look at Miller and Mansell they've taken their opportunities and will be rewarded come contract time. Soon blokes like Cumbo and Ralphsmith will get their chances with a clean slate.
RPD no he still should've been able to identify the players that are letting the team down as they all played regularly last year. Like Castagna it was ludicrous by continuing to play him as it is playing KMAC, JGTI,Pickett and Grimes.

Maybe so but deserve the right to play under him and try and improve. Yze can coach.

Dustin Martin's greatness dragged so many along on his coat tails. Winning those 3 flags elevated and enhanced reputations like never before. If by fate we landed Jack Trengrove or Morabito instead of Dusty I dread to think what state we'd be in. With the success of 3 flags complacency set in and too many at Punt Rd have been trying to bottle their own farts to sell to versace as the next great eau de toilette.

I started this thread 10 months ago as it was plain to see and stood out like Dogs balls way back then. Since then we've had the farce of Campbell, Green, Soldo, Lynch, Smith and countless others injuries blow out time and time again. I applauded the fact Dusty, Nank and Lynch were left out of 0 round due to short turnaround. But it was obvious the flipside should've been Prestia and Grimes rested against Blues for same reasons. Lynch unfortunately had to play 90% against Blues after Young and Gibcus went down. He was expected to play 50% game time surely next week they'd ease up on him and bring in Ryan or Naismith to ease the burden..... nope he played 85% again. WTF!!!! Injury prone Graham surely would get brought through reserves on managed minutes... Nope straight through seniors.

Anyone wondering where that stupid f@cken camel statue is can either find it at the tip or at the nearest salvos store. I take it with our injury list no other club will be copying that stupid idea. I've said it before we own ALLIGNED LEISURE. We should be scouring the world for the best in the business. Pay the bloke and his off sider 60% of their salary on Richmond FC soft cap. ALLIGNED LEISURE can pay the other 40% (not out of our soft cap) they can "give talks, hold seminars, photo appearances, mentor...... various kinds of covers for appearance sakes at ALLIGNED LEISURE to justify that part of their earnings as an ABN holder.

The club is now getting exposed as Dustys brilliance can no longer plaster over cracks. HTF did the club not see this coming and make a change during the off season. I mean wtf is Mate Colina still drawing a salary he should be on NDIS not taking a list spot. Do people realise he was signed in 2020. He's physically been at the club 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 so 4 years for 7 mediocre VFL games because he's always bloody injured. It's not like he missed all of last year on the back of 30 VFL games he's been injured practically the whole time. Now we've got another tall Tapscott out for long term for the same injury.... is that a coincidence?

Or is some dud with a 💩 cert 4 in personal training overloading big blokes in the gym because he doesn't understand Lever mechanics and basic human anatomy because he copied off the nerd sitting next to him?

I am torn as to which part of this rant is my favourite. It is out of:

1. The model camel caused the injury plague we are currently suffering, or

2. Mate Colina shouldn't be on the list because he played 7 mediocre games in the VFL, and is injury prone. But this is Luke Meehan's fault. Which would by extension mean it isn't Mate Colina's fault, so given he is the tallest man alive, and can run like the wind, with a huge tank, why would you want to delist him to save about 0.6% of the salary cap?

It is bloody tempting to go for 2, because there is a clear contradiction in there, but how could you possibly go past the camel being drawn into our injury plague? Camel for me. :)

Given the state of our injury list the last two years, getting rid of Meehan is a low-risk move. At the very least, our injury list will remain the same because this is pretty much as bad as it gets. We’re starting to approach 2023 West Coast levels right now.

Whether or not it is his fault, I’m not against moving him on.

Given the state of our injury list the last two years, getting rid of Meehan is a low-risk move. At the very least, our injury list will remain the same because this is pretty much as bad as it gets. We’re starting to approach 2023 West Coast levels right now.

Whether or not it is his fault, I’m not against moving him on.

That to me doesn't seem to be a very sensible approach.

If it was not Meehan's fault there would be no good reason to move him on, given he will have an understanding of the player's and club's needs built up over his time at the club.

If there is somebody better to do the job or Meehan has in some way been at fault for our injury dilemma, then that is different. At the moment as supporters all we have is the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy in reasoning to rely on in wanting Meehan jettisoned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That to me doesn't seem to be a very sensible approach.

If it was not Meehan's fault there would be no good reason to move him on, given he will have an understanding of the player's and club's needs built up over his time at the club.

If there is somebody better to do the job or Meehan has in some way been at fault for our injury dilemma, then that is different. At the moment as supporters all we have is the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy in reasoning to rely on in wanting Meehan jettisoned.
It may not be Luke Meehan’s fault, but we won’t know that until we scour someone better and put them in the role. If there’s no difference, then it wasn’t his fault. If there’s a difference, then perhaps it was his fault.

With the way our current injury list is, we won’t lose much by trying someone new in the role tbh. Like Hardwick, he’s done his time here throughout our success. Perhaps it’s time to try someone new.

We’ve had a pile of contact injuries, but also way too many overload/soft tissue ones. Club leadership needs to initiate an urgent review into the fitness/conditioning/high performance areas of the club. I worry we went for cheap staff in this area and we’re seeing the results.

I am torn as to which part of this rant is my favourite. It is out of:

1. The model camel caused the injury plague we are currently suffering, or

2. Mate Colina shouldn't be on the list because he played 7 mediocre games in the VFL, and is injury prone. But this is Luke Meehan's fault. Which would by extension mean it isn't Mate Colina's fault, so given he is the tallest man alive, and can run like the wind, with a huge tank, why would you want to delist him to save about 0.6% of the salary cap?

It is bloody tempting to go for 2, because there is a clear contradiction in there, but how could you possibly go past the camel being drawn into our injury plague? Camel for me. :)

The camel was to represent his genius heat training.methods that are a failure. I blocked you long ago you. Richard Gere's been looking for you to shove back up his sphincter. Waste all the time you like replying to any of my posts. I learnt a lesson won't waste another second when you pop up again.

It may not be Luke Meehan’s fault, but we won’t know that until we scour someone better and put them in the role. If there’s no difference, then it wasn’t his fault. If there’s a difference, then perhaps it was his fault.

With the way our current injury list is, we won’t lose much by trying someone new in the role tbh. Like Hardwick, he’s done his time here throughout our success. Perhaps it’s time to try someone new.

I see, the dunk the witch method. If she survives that she is definitely a witch so you hang her. Sadly if she dies in the process of proving she wasn't a witch after all she is just collateral damage for the greater good.

The camel was to represent his genius heat training.methods that are a failure. I blocked you long ago you. Richard Gere's been looking for you to shove back up his sphincter. Waste all the time you like replying to any of my posts. I learnt a lesson won't waste another second when you pop up again.
Is this a threat or a promise??

Back