Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Rang the club today.

Gave them my word that if I have trouble getting into the MCG this Sunday that I will be on the phone Monday morning asking for a refund of the 6 memberships in my family package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can't believe Daniel Andrews hasn't sorted this. I blame the communists that run mainstream media

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Replacement game is showing up for me in the app now, thankfully. This isn't directed at the club, as I understand it's an AFL wide decision to go with the digital memberships, but bloody hell, what a mess. 5 days out from the game and it's still not sorted! To those whinging about the whinging - spare a thought for some older or more technologically challenged folk, who literally have no idea how to access the game on the weekend. I'll need to visit my not so elderly parents this week just to sort out their access. If they didn't have me to help them, they just wouldn't bother going. Just another decision made by the AFL that has no thought for the real fans of the game - same as starting the season on a frickin Wednesday night!

Rang the club today.

Gave them my word that if I have trouble getting into the MCG this Sunday that I will be on the phone Monday morning asking for a refund of the 6 memberships in my family package.

Harden the **** up

Replacement game is showing up for me in the app now, thankfully. This isn't directed at the club, as I understand it's an AFL wide decision to go with the digital memberships, but bloody hell, what a mess. 5 days out from the game and it's still not sorted! To those whinging about the whinging - spare a thought for some older or more technologically challenged folk, who literally have no idea how to access the game on the weekend. I'll need to visit my not so elderly parents this week just to sort out their access. If they didn't have me to help them, they just wouldn't bother going. Just another decision made by the AFL that has no thought for the real fans of the game - same as starting the season on a frickin Wednesday night!

The one benefit of us getting sunday games is the other clubs get to be guinea pigs

Rang the club today.

I wonder if this person thought that a post like this would elicit great sympathy and support. It's almost as if he is hoping for a **** up so he can make the call.

I wonder if this person thought that a post like this would elicit great sympathy and support. It's almost as if he is hoping for a fu** up so he can make the call.

I understand his frustration though. I've been a member for 8 years, and I don't think there's been a season where I haven't had to call up the club because of some problem (e.g. details, game day issues).

This isn't an issue with North's membership department as much as it is an issue with the whole AFL membership/ticketing system. It's a Frankenstein's monster of older AFL systems that have been bashed with a hammer to fit into the Ticketmaster ecosystem. It needs rebuilding from the ground up, and unfortunately that's something that sits with the AFL and not North.

I understand his frustration though. I've been a member for 8 years, and I don't think there's been a season where I haven't had to call up the club because of some problem (e.g. details, game day issues).

This isn't an issue with North's membership department as much as it is an issue with the whole AFL membership/ticketing system. It's a Frankenstein's monster of older AFL systems that have been bashed with a hammer to fit into the Ticketmaster ecosystem. It needs rebuilding from the ground up, and unfortunately that's something that sits with the AFL and not North.
If we could extend the bashing to Ticketmaster, that would help; anything I have to do with them, theatre etc, it's always a problem

If it was anyone else they'd have probably got more sympathy but ole smoochy is a bit a campaigner.

I wonder if this person thought that a post like this would elicit great sympathy and support. It's almost as if he is hoping for a fu** up so he can make the call.

I am absolutely praying for a stuff up.

The beauty of it is that they will offer me an upgrade which I pretend at first I don’t want and then begrudgingly accept.

Love all the reactions on this forum from some of our more moronic members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could extend the bashing to Ticketmaster, that would help; anything I have to do with them, theatre etc, it's always a problem
I remember hearing that the AFL was looking for ways to ditch Ticketmaster back when Demetrius was still in charge. Instead, after many more stuff ups, they seem to own AFL and clubs digital membership on top of ticketing.

I am absolutely praying for a stuff up.

The beauty of it is that they will offer me an upgrade which I pretend at first I don’t want and then begrudgingly accept.

Love all the reactions on this forum from some of our more moronic members.

Do you have any other hobbies? Perhaps ones that don't involve deliberately ripping off the people or organizations who are trying their best to facilitate your interest?

So, electronic ticket l'm viewing in NMFC app.

" view barcode "

🤔 Well, that works well ! 😡

I don't get a "view barcode" option. It just says "Ticket Details" and I can click through to the date and time and all the rest along with terms and conditions. But no barcode that I will presumably need to enter the ground.

Do you have any other hobbies? Perhaps ones that don't involve deliberately ripping off the people or organizations who are trying their best to facilitate your interest?
Yeah he goes to restaurants and just before he eats it all , he places a hair in it - to get out of paying for it.
Also goes missing when it’s his shout

I don't know whose responsibility the membership website is (Ticketmaster? AFL? NMFC), but whoever it is, they suck.
It's ticketmaster.

I haven't been able to access my account this whole time. I need to reset and set my password but every time I request an e-mail to reset it the ticketmaster/membership site won't send it.
So I called NMFC Membership, who gave me some passwords to reset it manually, but whenever I try to set a new password, it comes up with application error, the membership guy even tried to do it at the NMFC computers and it still got the same error.
I then proceeded to try and call ticketmaster... and find out they have no active call centres due to covid, so i send a facebook message direct to them, to which they respond they don't have a record of my e-mail and would need to go BACK to NMFC Membership.

I am also a Melbourne Storm member, not only are 2022 memberships free, but they did something really simple, they sent a card, and also e-mailed a PDF of a virtual card, with a barcode that admits to all home games.... I mean. come on.

My son dropped off our family membership this year due to turning 18.
The website has his renewal as a full 11 game GA membership, which doesn't work for us. There is no way to change it, except to call. It's 2022 and I can't make a simple online change and give them my money. Sorry, but it's just nuts.

Not sure if this was officially announced by the club, but just saw in the mobile membership area we have a ticket for 'Carlton vs North Melbourne' in Round 7 so assume that is another replacement game we have coming up

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Back