Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been a golden sin in Prices day to kick across the ground. He wouldn’t have done it. Would have aimed goalward to McKenna
And would have hit him from anywhere..but that kick would not have been considered, not by Price maybe by Greening who was a little ahead of his time

Will be interesting see how the club designs his development, I assume Nick will want to run through the centre and rest forward.... Obviously, body not midfield material this year but he's a special player, it won't be long...The issue is Nicks' vision and skills off the half back line has transformed the teams offensive abilities, can he be replaced!

Perhaps, but I hope we do away with the faux tradition of giving our top picks #35

I'm not a fan of the Presti jumper number tradition and I would certainly prefer Nick to keep the number from now on but it irks me when people say 'faux tradition'. Traditions have to start somewhere, and we've been doing this now for more than a decade.

When does it stop being faux and start being real?

I'm not a fan of the Presti jumper number tradition and I would certainly prefer Nick to keep the number from now on but it irks me when people say 'faux tradition'. Traditions have to start somewhere, and we've been doing this now for more than a decade.

I think of it in that regard more because of the manner in which it originated. It felt very inorganic to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently I'm Gen Z, according to the census. Bit of an identity crisis.

Better than being Gen X, Gouki

We've got Boomers from above giving us a Golden Shower

And Ys and Zs gnawing at our nads from below

No wonder we've all enrolled in TAFE 'how to commit elder abuse' courses

Better than being Gen X, Gouki

We've got Boomers from above giving us a Golden Shower

And Ys and Zs gnawing at our nads from below

No wonder we've all enrolled in TAFE 'how to commit elder abuse' courses
I will not stand idly by whilst the census tries to commit serious Gen X erasure. A pox on ABS nerds

It may have been mentioned already, but on Access All Areas Matthew Lloyd said Nick had the potential to become an all-time great of the club.

That's the sort of talk you usually see here on BF, not coming from a former opposition player in the media.

I genuinely don't care if others outside our club see his insane potential or not, but it's interesting to see the media finally giving the kid at least some of the coverage that his play deserves.

I think of it in that regard more because of the manner in which it originated. It felt very inorganic to me.
Exactly... and when Beams pulled himself out of the GF the following year despite being passed fit, there was no movement to rotate his number annually in homage... Must be because Dougie Barwick didn't have a son coming through that Eddie wanted to reserve the number for...

When the President just makes it up on the spot…. For no real reason except a player missed a grand final due to injury ….people have never taken to this tradition of basically retiring the famous number 35 to the reserves…. It was faux from day one.

When the President just makes it up on the spot…. For no real reason except a player missed a grand final due to injury ….people have never taken to this tradition of basically retiring the famous number 35 to the reserves…. It was faux from day one.
Time for a petition to ‘free 35’.
What do we want ? Free 35 !
When do we want it? Now !

#free35

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back