I was WWWrong about Sidebotham and I apologise to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Yesterday I watched a replay of Pies v GCS and I must admit I was wrong in my assessment of Sideys performance on saturday night he was more than good I was also incorrect about Ruscoe because he had a dip.

I think where Sidey tried to kick a ball out of midair instead of just taking control of the ball which was easier but required a bit courage when under the pump affected my judgement of him that night.

I was also wrong about Ruscoe as well, I saw his effort when Rankine kicked 1 of his goals when he seemed to lack a sense of urgency to stop him mind you he can play that Rankine but I was unfair on him.

Watching the game again I am glad to just to get the 4 pts.

Yesterday I watched a replay of Pies v GCS and I must admit I was wrong in my assessment of Sideys performance on saturday night he was more than good I was also incorrect about Ruscoe because he had a dip.

I think where Sidey tried to kick a ball out of midair instead of just taking control of the ball which was easier but required a bit courage when under the pump affected my judgement of him that night.

I was also wrong about Ruscoe as well, I saw his effort when Rankine kicked 1 of his goals when he seemed to lack a sense of urgency to stop him mind you he can play that Rankine but I was unfair on him.

Watching the game again I am glad to just to get the 4 pts.
Don't stress, I think he and Pendles will be around for the next 2 years. The talk of them retiring is ridiculous, we are right in the window and both are essential in our next couple of years

We were all wrong about Sidebotham. On a similar note, it’s good to see Sidebottom playing some good footy again.
I wasn’t, always backed him to bounce back.

I wasn’t, always backed him to bounce back.
Please tell us what made you think Sidebotham would bounce back? Not Sidebottom, Sidebotham. I can’t stress this enough.

Please tell us what made you think Sidebotham would bounce back? Not Sidebottom, Sidebotham. I can’t stress this enough.
Googled the name and this came up. Looks like a righteous dude.
1656980730303.jpeg

Don't stress, I think he and Pendles will be around for the next 2 years. The talk of them retiring is ridiculous, we are right in the window and both are essential in our next couple of years
Can we carry them through the window though?

In 2010 I remember a fair few veterans being dropped to the VFL and even Melbourne couldn’t fit Neville Jetta and Nathan Jones.

Last edited:
Can we carry them through the window though?

I’m 2010 I remember a fair few veterans being dropped to the VFL and even Melbourne couldn’t fit Neville Jetta and Nathan Jones.
Yeah, they are both holding their own. The question is, can we win it in the next couple of years without them and the answer is probably not. I would at least retain them for next year so that a couple of players can step up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect you watched Sidebotham from the outer at Metricon, the same as me, and sometimes things look a lot worse from certain angles. A couple of his efforts looked so casual, but that's just him.
And Jmac, that photo is ****ing awesome.

Yeah, they are both holding their own. The question is, can we win it in the next couple of years without them and the answer is probably not. I would at least retain them for next year so that a couple of players can step up
They are both playing their roles but I don’t think they’ll be difference in a premiership push beyond this season and that’s mostly because of our lack of depth atm.

I wouldn’t be retiring them but I don’t think they should be best 22 locks after this year.

They are both playing their roles but I don’t think they’ll be difference in a premiership push beyond this season and that’s mostly because of our lack of depth atm.

I wouldn’t be retiring them but I don’t think they should be best 22 locks after this year.

If they are playing their roles next year like they are this year they will still be best 22.

The rush to end/curtail careers on here is laughable. Especially when one is our best ever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they are playing their roles next year like they are this year they will still be best 22.

The rush to end/curtail careers on here is laughable. Especially when one is our best ever.

How many 35 year olds win premierships?

I’m not in a rush to end their careers but we shouldn’t be beholden to them either.

I’m not in a rush to end their careers but we shouldn’t be beholden to them either.
Pendlebury will be a lock in the 22 until the day he retires. I don’t know how old you are but champions like him don’t come around very often.

That is such a silly question. If he is in our best 22, and we are contending (like this year), keep playing him. Age is only a consideration if we moved into a non-contending phase and we saw a development opportunity for someone else.

As far as beholden goes, that is nonsense.

If Fremantle get to the GF this year they should drop Mundy. Because how many 36 year olds win premierships 🙄

If we were to let go of Pendles this year there'd be a queue for his services as a player.

"Recency bias". He had a bad game last week so let's sack him; he was awesome against GWS but that's going back 2 weeks so it doesn't count.

Comfortably best 22 and that's aside from his on-field coaching. N. Daicos has benefited greatly playing alongside him in his first year.

Sidebum was written off last year but he is earning his chops this year and a stint in 2023 if he chooses.

We might be underestimating (ok, we're not) how important the old-dogs are in getting the best out of the young ones. Case in point: Norf.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was WWWrong about Sidebotham and I apologise to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back