Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Not when we are in the position we are in. My info on JHF as come from 3 different sources, my info on BA from someone else and the TT info on someone else altogether. And then what I here about the inner workings of the club comes from someone in the media (not a journo) that I trust 100%.

This is why I'm so concerned, it not one person with an agenda like some dicks like to think, but it's coming form multiple sources.

But it ok, Sonja has told us "it will turn"

I missed the BA info, care to share again?

Thanks in advance.

Nope. Not when we are in the position we are in. My info on JHF as come from 3 different sources, my info on BA from someone else and the TT info on someone else altogether. And then what I here about the inner workings of the club comes from someone in the media (not a journo) that I trust 100%.

This is why I'm so concerned, it not one person with an agenda like some dicks like to think, but it's coming form multiple sources.

Are they based in Melbourne or SA?

My name is on that jumper, along with probably dozens of other NMFC BF brothers and sisters, too. Being a long-term and committed member doesn't give you the right to be a dick to the CEO and president.

LOL yes my name turns up on things that I don't even remember contributing to. In honour of this thread, I'm thinking of changing my name by deedpoll to Ball Bag so that the club has to print that on jumpers and cards and honour boards.

LOL yes my name turns up on things that I don't even remember contributing to. In honour of this thread, I'm thinking of changing my name by deedpoll to Ball Bag so that the club has to print that on jumpers and cards and honour boards.
First name Shaun?

The TT one is diabolical, and could just about justify sacking someone mid-review. I hope the info is wrong, but I do have an expectation that you wouldn't be presenting it as fact unless you were certain of your source.

Oh I don't know and I haven't even bothered reading the emails entirely and we can blame whoever we like. At days end, does anyone on here think it was a smart move by the CEO to engage in such conversations via email?

The answer is no , it shouldn't have happened. I realise he is in Europe somewhere but phones still work and the 'normal' process is, hi let's have a phone chat.

And even then you don't go into detail especially when it makes not much sense.

Oh well

BA has probably emailed members dozens of times with similar discussions but all of those people had the honour and integrity to keep the correspondence confidential. The fastest way to cut all access to executives, board members, coaches, and players is to publish everything they say to you. I'm no domain name selling genius but I can figure that one out.

If you want to put it in business terms, sometimes clients or customers are not ones you want to keep. Sometimes their demands are too extreme and they detract from the service you are hoping to provide for other customers. Sometimes they cost you more than they pay you.
Do you believe that is the case in this situation? There are better ways to handle disgruntled customers. It is far better to pay a small amount to appease them than to have them bad mouth you and you lose lots more in potential revenue. The payment in this situation could have been a phone call from Sonja and the offer to sit down when he is back in Aust.

How can you be categorically certain that your "inside" sources are not pushing their own agendas?
I can't but everyone's got an agenda. And I don't have a problem with players pushing theirs, cause they want to win as much as I want them to win.

I missed the BA info, care to share again?

Thanks in advance.
In a nut shell, he wasn't well liked at his previous workplaces and that may well have carried over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely disagree. Call us internal customers/members/clients whatever. At the end of the day the club is a product that we consume. How the club delivers the product determines if the club survives or not. SH calling AK a coward could drive him away from the club. It could be enough for him to say, right I'm done with this club why should I waste my time when they give me no joy. Everyone has different reasons why they chose to support the club.

And if you want to look at is a purely as a football club that is just members, then the president, who is hired by the members, calling a member a coward in public should result in her being sacked.
1st bolded - Its a footy club we are part of not a product we consume. Consumerism is destroying the world and this is a symptom of that. You can have a different opinion if you like but I strongly disagree with it. Aside from that... The club survived half a century of "poorly delivered product" when that was all it knew. Other people, most of them dead now, ensured its survival for that 50 years. WE owe them and the club to ensure its survival whatever quality product it delivers in the immediate short term (ie the next 18 months). If they had been that product driven and consumerist the club wouldn't have survived long enough for us to enjoy the success we had while we were alive.

We don't have accept mediocrity or this shit level of performance but we do have to stick by the club whatever happens if we want to follow the example of those people who did it in the past. Even old mate who got called gutless has that onus on him. Otherwise I'd question his honour and integrity.

2nd bolded - That depends on the circumstances. In these circumstances I think she is right to call him out and not give him support. I think he was gutless to follow this path, why is his membership more valid than mine? All he had to do was directly contact her and express his concerns. He didn't achieve satifaction from the CEO so she is the person he should have reached out to. He didn't but he called for he to resign in disgrace anyway.

If he wasn't a coward he would have contacted her and informed her of his issues and his intentions if he was unsatisfied with her response. That would have been honourable behaviour.

So he is gutless and acted without honour.

The TT one is diabolical, and could just about justify sacking someone mid-review. I hope the info is wrong, but I do have an expectation that you wouldn't be presenting it as fact unless you were certain of your source.

I agree that it would be sackable and I am also certain that it is false. I checked. With an unimpeachable source. That's why I suggested in the friendliest terms to Mav that he take that one down. I suspect his source on that one is doing a number on him.

Perhaps Le-Ball-Bag and you get to keep some hyphens.

1st bolded - Its a footy club we are part of not a product we consume. Consumerism is destroying the world and this is a symptom of that. You can have a different opinion if you like but I strongly disagree with it. Aside from that... The club survived half a century of "poorly delivered product" when that was all it knew. Other people, most of them dead now, ensured its survival for that 50 years. WE owe them and the club to ensure its survival whatever quality product it delivers in the immediate short term (ie the next 18 months). If they had been that product driven and consumerist the club wouldn't have survived long enough for us to enjoy the success we had while we were alive.

I understand what you are saying but it doesn't mean you cant look at the football club from that perspective. As I said before, people follow North for all sorts of reason. Us here on the forum are very different to guys I know that say North is their team, but they would have no idea who our draft picks are until they see them run out on the field.

We don't have accept mediocrity or this s**t level of performance but we do have to stick by the club whatever happens if we want to follow the example of those people who did it in the past. Even old mate who got called gutless has that onus on him. Otherwise I'd question his honour and integrity.
Are you suggesting people in the past didn't question the board, management or coaches?

2nd bolded - That depends on the circumstances. In these circumstances I think she is right to call him out and not give him support. I think he was gutless to follow this path, why is his membership more valid than mine? All he had to do was directly contact her and express his concerns. He didn't achieve satifaction from the CEO so she is the person he should have reached out to. He didn't but he called for he to resign in disgrace anyway.
Because the club has said so. Part of his membership gives him access to management.

If he wasn't a coward he would have contacted her and informed her of his issues and his intentions if he was unsatisfied with her response. That would have been honourable behaviour.

So he is gutless and acted without honour

His conversation was with BA.

Looks like we’ve got some competition! 🤪

Herald Sun:
WAS CORNES ONTO SOMETHING AGAIN?
KANE Cornes might be onto something again.
The controversial Channel 9 commentator had a go at Hawthorn last week saying they’d become the “irrelevant team of the competition”.
His timing was interesting given last week’s press conference with coach Sam Mitchell didn’t happen, or should we say, there is no record of it.
There were no cameras or reporters at Waverley Park at the time Hawks wheeled Mitchell out and then even an attempt by the club’s own media team to get a few lines for the faithful to put on their own website also didn’t happen.
Some technical issues with the recording equipment meant that didn’t happen also.

I agree that it would be sackable and I am also certain that it is false. I checked. With an unimpeachable source. That's why I suggested in the friendliest terms to Mav that he take that one down. I suspect his source on that one is doing a number on him.
are you sure your source doesn't have an agenda?

Didn’t she say herself she thinks it’s gutless to speak to the media without even contacting her directly?
Yes, personally I don't like the wording.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of our new mate Adrian, but this doesn't work for me.

Board members of corporates don't speak like this, and neither should ours. She is correct but there's a way of communicating this. In the same boat I would have rung the flog and worked it out with him privately.

My name is on that jumper, along with probably dozens of other NMFC BF brothers and sisters, too. Being a long-term and committed member doesn't give you the right to be a dick to the CEO and president.
The Tigers tolerate members being a dick all the time, and it seems to have gotten them to the highest membership tally in the country (or around abouts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back