Preview Changes v Geelong, Sun 14 April 1:00pm at VicGovFundedKardinia Park [Zurhaar (calf)/Shiels (GS)/KDaws (ankle)/Stevo OUT; Sellers/Big/Laz/Drury IN]

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone give me some hope for tomorrow, please. Anyone? I'm just thinking a loss by under 10 goals would be a good result. How depressing is that?
We win.

Pink won’t be back.

You can’t lose 60% of 1v1 contests as a KPD and expect to stay in the side.

That's a rather quick and harsh judgement. Surely, the club will give him more time than that to see if he can develop and forge an AFL career. He'll never be a star but written off after just 3 games is a bit unfair.

That's a rather quick and harsh judgement. Surely, the club will give him more time than that to see if he can develop and forge an AFL career. He'll never be a star but written off after just 3 games is a bit unfair.
It’s harsh, agreed.

But I’m sick of limited footballers being given too long to show they’re not up to it.

He’s a 25 years old.

He gets less leeway.

While we are likely to get an absolute mauling, Geelong's form line at 4 wins and no losses, versus us with no wins and 4 losses, does not paint the full picture.

The four teams that Geelong have played have won a combined 4 games in those 4 rounds of which only one of those clubs, being the Saints, made the 8 last year.

The teams we have faced have won a combined 12 games so far, with GWS, Carlton and Brisbane all making it to a Preliminary Final and Brisbane narrowly beaten in the GF.

The fixture can be very misleading and let's hope we see some of that reflected in tomorrows game

He’s 22.

He’s speculative and raw.

Tipping Dawson is back quickly and this is very opportunistic to see if Biggie is remotely up to it.

Also suggests they’ve likely made some sort of judgement on Pink.
Pink hasn't had a chance to play VFL yet, has he? They had a bye.

I'd suggest that the judgement was giving some time at VFL level to get confidence back.

I'd suggest that the judgement was giving some time at VFL level to get confidence back.
At times he read the play and shut down the ball in the air really well.

Body on body with a big forward he was useless though. If he can add 10 kg muscle he might fill a gap

Look.

Dont worry about History, don’t worry about past results, dont have this faux belief that Geelong are a premier team in the comp. They aren’t, they’re ******* pretenders. Our mids will ******* roll them. If anyone watched the Hawfs, that’ll give you enough insight to suggest we are more than a sniff against these campaigners. Get on us, we’ll beat these campaigners.

They’re desperate to grab Tarryn. They’re ****ed in the

Other than being a good trainer, what’s the purpose for the Drury call up?
Its part of our diversity program to have at least 1 Ranga playing each week 😎

Someone give me some hope for tomorrow, please. Anyone? I'm just thinking a loss by under 10 goals would be a good result. How depressing is that?
Pretty good outcome tbh based on the doomsayers here. I think we’ll do better than expected because with the ins I think we have strengthened our forward line and our back keep Scott on the wing leave fish up forward and rotate laz with tuck on the other wing, as long as our mids break even in the contest we’re not going to get hammered 😀

How the heck does this league function when they have stuff like "Round Zero", "Gather Round" and byes in the VFL? Honestly, it's downright stupid. Admittedly, almost everything to do with the AFL is downright stupid, but byes in the VFL are absolutely downright stupid.

Don't get me started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the heck does this league function when they have stuff like "Round Zero", "Gather Round" and byes in the VFL? Honestly, it's downright stupid. Admittedly, almost everything to do with the AFL is downright stupid, but byes in the VFL are absolutely downright stupid.

Don't get me started.
I'm with you brother, it drives me absolutely mental.

They just don't like him because he looks like he could be a character in a WWII film, when being in our backline is more akin to the trenches of WWI.

At least thats how I see it ;)

I'm a Greenwood fan, but I think that Ford could be something special* and I would like him to be given more responsibility in the team.

* He reminds me a bit of Brereton
we need Ford working up and down the ground, which is his best attribute imo, Greenwood can't do that

Statistically, we match the good teams in almost every stat except the below by large margins.

• Contested Marks
  • Scoring Shots
  • Tackles Inside 50 (by a huge margin)
  • Inside 50’s
  • General Tackles
  • Intercepts

If we can focus and match the best teams in tackling and contested marks in all areas of the ground our inside 50’s, and scoring shots will improve considerably….

In terms of defensive tackling acts….the stinkers and culprits are:

• LDU
  • Zurhaar
  • Dylan Stephen
  • LMAC
  • Jy
  • Jaidyn Stephen’s
  • Charlie Lazzaro

Here’s a shocking fact.

Jy and Jaidyn Stephenson have had 3 tackles respectively for the whole year….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statistically, we match the good teams in almost every stat except the below by large margins.

• Contested Marks
  • Scoring Shots
  • Inside 50’s
  • General Tackles
  • Intercepts

If we can focus and match the best teams in tackling and contested marks in all areas of the ground our inside 50’s, and scoring shots will improve considerably….

• LDU
  • Zurhaar
  • Dylan Stephen
  • LMAC
  • Jy
  • Jaidyn Stephen’s
  • Charlie Lazzaro

Here’s a shocking fact.

Watching Brisbane tackle against Melbourne shows what level we need to get to. Too often our tackles are broken, or poor technique and we give away a free kick. Brisbane were ferocious and I can't recall a too high free kick.

If we lose but play tough, I don't mind. I wish this could be a real focus for us to improve our defensive game. Too many of our players only go one way.

• Contested Marks
  • Scoring Shots
  • Inside 50’s
  • General Tackles
  • Intercepts

• LDU
  • Zurhaar
  • Dylan Stephen
  • LMAC
  • Jy
  • Jaidyn Stephen’s
  • Charlie Lazzaro

Here’s a shocking fact.

Our skills are very average under any sort of pressure. Not something that would easily show up on a stat sheet. We miss easy targets with regularity. Good, even decent sides don’t.

Our skills are very average under any sort of pressure. Not something that would easily show up on a stat sheet. We miss easy targets with regularity. Good, even decent sides don’t.

I doubt it’s skills.

I think it’s an attacking game plan that Clarko and the coaches have designed.

It’s a very attacking style of play that the team has not adjusted to and can’t really be fully tested through simulations in the off-season.

We are essentially fixing the plane as it flies at 30,000 feet.

I expect the team to get much better in defensive acts and contested marks…

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v Geelong, Sun 14 April 1:00pm at VicGovFundedKardinia Park [Zurhaar (calf)/Shiels (GS)/KDaws (ankle)/Stevo OUT; Sellers/Big/Laz/Drury IN]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back