Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Even if we do stick with Truck, the pressure is now amplified x100 after today's shambles.

Literally will be a game-by-game basis next year. If we lose the first 2 games of the season the drums will already start beating - such a shambles all across the club.

I can’t believe they managed to piss off both pro-sack Rutten and anti-sack Rutten Essendon supporters in 5 hours.
Really? That is very easy to believe

I think Truck is gone by tomorrow.
I thought it would be today, but you're surely untenable now.
Really poor result. Two board meetings in less than 24 hours. Leaks that you're gone on the back of it. Not quite done yet, CEO confirms you're coach now but more to review.

Barham probably backs Campbell as he would have had a hand in extending him
Rutten goes. I reckon Caracella is off to GWS.
Dodoro v Mahoney. you pick that one. I have NFI

Question becomes -> do we throw what we can at Clarkson to sell "hope" again to the masses. Or is it time we do a proper process
Both have failed us (Knights & Hird/Bomber)

Fox running with;

Essendon coach Ben Rutten remains in his role - for now - after two board meetings in the space of 24 hours and a push from some at the club to sack him and chase Alastair Clarkson.

This is so disrespectful to Truck.

The head of the club just resigned. It is a pretty big deal and is highly likely to mean more changes will follow. When the Saga happened, all the people that ended up going didnt resign on the same day. This will play out for a while yet.
Agree there could be a lot of news forthcoming. There could also be no news of note to come. As it stands, Brasher - who was due to finish up at the end of the season anyway - has stepped down as Pres a week early. Not only that, he's still on the board.

I for one can't see how it's tenable for Rutten to stay on as coach after this sh*tshow. I think either one of two things has gone on:

EITHER: Rutten was never going to be sacked, but they sat in their board meeting eating pastries and thanking Brasher for his amazing work as President over the past 2 years while letting rumours swarm publicly about his sacking without backing their coach and quashing them immediately,

OR: the possibility of Rutten losing his job was a very real one (and possibly still is), so the board couldn't concretely reassure him and correct the journos declaring his sacking swiftly and publicly.

Either way, it's untenable. He either has a board that wants him as coach but couldn't care less about backing him and just lets the media bottom-feeders publicly call his sacking and speculate on the new coach FOR A WHOLE DAY, or he has no idea if the board even want him as coach or if they're making offers to other people to take his job.

I'll say it again - flipping amateur hour this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really poor result. Two board meetings in less than 24 hours. Leaks that you're gone on the back of it. Not quite done yet, CEO confirms you're coach now but more to review.

Question becomes -> do we throw what we can at Clarkson to sell "hope" again to the masses. Or is it time we do a proper process
Smells to me like it is Campbell & Truck versus someone else
someone-else-the-simpsons.gif

Agree there could be a lot of news forthcoming. There could also be no news of note to come. As it stands, Brasher - who was due to finish up at the end of the season anyway - has stepped down as Pres a week early. Not only that, he's still on the board.

I for one can't see how it's tenable for Rutten to stay on as coach after this sh*tshow. I think either one of two things has gone on:

EITHER: Rutten was never going to be sacked, but they sat in their board meeting eating pastries and thanking Brasher for his amazing work as President over the past 2 years while letting rumours swarm publicly about his sacking without backing their coach and quashing them immediately,

OR: the possibility of Rutten losing his job was a very real one (and possibly still is), so the board couldn't concretely reassure him and correct the journos declaring his sacking swiftly and publicly.

Either way, it's untenable. He either has a board that wants him as coach but couldn't care less about backing him and just lets the media bottom-feeders publicly call his sacking and speculate on the new coach FOR A WHOLE DAY, or he has no idea if the board even want him as coach or if they're making offers to other people to take his job.

I'll say it again - *ing amateur hour this club.
Spot on.

I'll say it again - *ing amateur hour this club.
I can’t see rutten being there in a weeks time, this feels very like Teague last year.
He is gone.
This has played out how many times at how many clubs.
Ours quite a few

I think we're looking for the sentence that follows thanking Ben for his time.
Is it Clarkson, or is it a review. Either way we'll say it's a search for our new coach, but the setup will need to be right for the optics.

Can't say review and appoint Clarkson 2 days later. Or even a week later.
Can't say it's Clarkson, but you can say we begin our search for a new coach. Then appoint Clarkson and point to his credentials.

Hird/Bomber was not a proper process. Knights i suppose we interviewed a few other people but he was our VFL and assistant coach already. There's serious questions on that process as well

How can Truck seriously stay after today? You'd nearly step down if you were him.
quit and give up the payout, probably paving way for other jobs sooner
or wait to be sacked and take the $$ but probably wait a little longer for next gig.

He'll coach again imo. I reckon he'd be alright for Port, who have a high work rate.
He'd probably work well at GWS too, but I get the suspicion Caracella is going there.

Today can be put down to either the clueless media not knowing Essendon's board rules and not knowing Brasher was due to finish or the club has met to sign off on actions to be announced upon being carried out aka need to confirm Clarko before acting on Rutten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back