Competitions The Pieman 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't make the finals the winner will be decided today. It might come down to who kicks the most goals in the second half out of Treloar and Naughton.

Is Naughton playing in defence?

Roarke Smith has won the pieman what a star

The Pieman has been turned on its head in the final round of the season. Roarked.

However, the season ain't over yet folks ... results will be posted later tonight. Right now I've got a footy game to watch.

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 23 v Hawthorn ... it ain't over yet!

Phew, what a day! Extraordinary events all over the place and the Pieman has been no exception.

Enter Roarke Smith in his ninth game for the year. In his previous eight games this year he'd managed just one goal and hadn't exactly been kicking bags in the VFL either - 8 goals for the whole season. In his AFL career to date he had kicked only 10 goals from 45 games. So what does he do? He kicks a career high of 3 goals. But nobody would have picked him, right? Wrong! He was picked 10 times including a couple of 3x selections. Hail Marys perhaps? Who knows, but it's almost enough to make you take up religion if they were.

So there were some big changes at the top and the season carries on at least for one more game. Maybe even another four?

Carryover Teams and Pieman Substitutes

There were 26 carryover teams and there were 14 Pieman substitutes required as follows. The order of subs was Williams, Dale, Liberatore and ... well it didn't matter after that. We only got as far as Libba when allocating them.

Bont2Bruce: 2x West became 2x Williams
dish licker: 1x West became 1x Liberatore
lateniter: 2x Martin became 2x Williams
Mofra: 1x West became 1x Dale
Struggle: 3x Martin became 3x Williams
TempletonTheRat: 3x Martin became 3x Williams
Vinegar Mess: 1x West became 1x Williams
weltschmerz: 1x West became 1x Williams

Unfortunately none of the subs kicked a goal so nobody benefited from them this week.

The KELVIN
Last week Scrag notched up a season high score of 254. This week that record was smashed by not one but two teams who dared to put Roarke in as a 3x selection. They were TiAn_ and ScottyDogg who both racked up 333 points to share the Kelvin. It was TiAn's third Kelvin for the year and ScottyDogg's second.

RandomDog (170) got his first podium finish for the year too, maybe his first ever. The best performed outside of those who had Roarke was Dannnnnnnnnn (112, 7th). He was the only other to crack 100.

It was a pretty skewed result sheet this week. The median score was only 25 but the average score was lifted to 49.6 by the small band of high scoring Roarke devotees.

Maximum possible score was 473 (3x R Smith, 2x Darcy). No bonus points were claimed.

1661089884396.png

The PIEMAN Leaderboard

What looked like a photofinish finale between Foxman98 and Snarls Barkley - even at half-time - was suddenly turned on its head. TiAn_ is now back on top, but only just. He leads ScottyDogg by a mere 17 points with at least one more game to go. There's a gap of 136 points back to Foxman and Snarls and then X_box_X is not too far behind them in fifth. Is it too much of a break for them to catch the leaders? You'd be pretty game to say so after today.

Riding his luck (as you must with a name like that) RandomDog has also crept off the bottom of the ladder after holding that spot almost all year.

1661090517410.png

Pieman Player of the Week

Well obviously it's Roarke Smith this week but Sam Darcy also made a good showing too. Nobody picked him.

1661091015929.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Naughton has the goalkicking award wrapped up having cracked the 50 this week, but it's looking like Cody Weightman will be the Pieman Player of the Year. He has a pretty handy break on Naughton and Dunkley and probably nobody else has a chance.

1661091114685.png

Secret Selections

Don't forget that for these late-season games you can keep your selections confidential by PM-ing me instead of posting in this thread. I won't reveal your selections until after the game starts.

Haha Roarke Smith. That's crazy.

Well done for those who not only selected him, but doubled up.

Way to go TiAn_ !

I would like to know if your secret triple Roarke was an original or just a copy of my public team 😜.

Can I challenge you to go public next week or do all the tops teams go secret for a bit more fun?

Way to go TiAn_ !

I would like to know if your secret triple Roarke was an original or just a copy of my public team 😜.

Can I challenge you to go public next week or do all the tops teams go secret for a bit more fun?

Haha just checked and I made my pick the day before you so unless Dogwatch is the Dogs leaker I think we’re just a coupla real smart fellas.

I enjoyed the mystery and intrigue of the secret pick 5/5 will do again

Haha just checked and I made my pick the day before you so unless Dogwatch is the Dogs leaker I think we’re just a coupla real smart fellas.

I enjoyed the mystery and intrigue of the secret pick 5/5 will do again
Dogs usually do have a leak on a post … but I swear was a good dog yesterday 🐶

Dogs usually do have a leak on a post … but I swear was a good dog yesterday 🐶
Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 23 v Hawthorn ... it ain't over yet!

Phew, what a day! Extraordinary events all over the place and the Pieman has been no exception.

Enter Roarke Smith in his ninth game for the year. In his previous eight games this year he'd managed just one goal and hadn't exactly been kicking bags in the VFL either - 8 goals for the whole season. In his AFL career to date he had kicked only 10 goals from 45 games. So what does he do? He kicks a career high of 3 goals. But nobody would have picked him, right? Wrong! He was picked 10 times including a couple of 3x selections. Hail Marys perhaps? Who knows, but it's almost enough to make you take up religion if they were.

So there were some big changes at the top and the season carries on at least for one more game. Maybe even another four?

Carryover Teams and Pieman Substitutes

There were 26 carryover teams and there were 14 Pieman substitutes required as follows. The order of subs was Williams, Dale, Liberatore and ... well it didn't matter after that. We only got as far as Libba when allocating them.

Bont2Bruce: 2x West became 2x Williams
dish licker: 1x West became 1x Liberatore
lateniter: 2x Martin became 2x Williams
Mofra: 1x West became 1x Dale
Struggle: 3x Martin became 3x Williams
TempletonTheRat: 3x Martin became 3x Williams
Vinegar Mess: 1x West became 1x Williams
weltschmerz: 1x West became 1x Williams

Unfortunately none of the subs kicked a goal so nobody benefited from them this week.

The KELVIN
Last week Scrag notched up a season high score of 254. This week that record was smashed by not one but two teams who dared to put Roarke in as a 3x selection. They were TiAn_ and ScottyDogg who both racked up 333 points to share the Kelvin. It was TiAn's third Kelvin for the year and ScottyDogg's second.

RandomDog (170) got his first podium finish for the year too, maybe his first ever. The best performed outside of those who had Roarke was Dannnnnnnnnn (112, 7th). He was the only other to crack 100.

It was a pretty skewed result sheet this week. The median score was only 25 but the average score was lifted to 49.6 by the small band of high scoring Roarke devotees.

Maximum possible score was 473 (3x R Smith, 2x Darcy). No bonus points were claimed.

View attachment 1486662

The PIEMAN Leaderboard

What looked like a photofinish finale between Foxman98 and Snarls Barkley - even at half-time - was suddenly turned on its head. TiAn_ is now back on top, but only just. He leads ScottyDogg by a mere 17 points with at least one more game to go. There's a gap of 136 points back to Foxman and Snarls and then X_box_X is not too far behind them in fifth. Is it too much of a break for them to catch the leaders? You'd be pretty game to say so after today.

Riding his luck (as you must with a name like that) RandomDog has also crept off the bottom of the ladder after holding that spot almost all year.

View attachment 1486667

Pieman Player of the Week

Well obviously it's Roarke Smith this week but Sam Darcy also made a good showing too. Nobody picked him.

View attachment 1486672

Pieman Player of the Year

Naughton has the goalkicking award wrapped up having cracked the 50 this week, but it's looking like Cody Weightman will be the Pieman Player of the Year. He has a pretty handy break on Naughton and Dunkley and probably nobody else has a chance.

View attachment 1486675

Secret Selections

Don't forget that for these late-season games you can keep your selections confidential by PM-ing me instead of posting in this thread. I won't reveal your selections until after the game starts.
Hey mate, my carry over team should have been Weightman x2 West x2 and English.
With Williams subbing for west i should only have 20 not 26 points?

Hey mate, my carry over team should have been Weightman x2 West x2 and English.
With Williams subbing for west i should only have 20 not 26 points?
Yes you are right. Thanks for pointing that out. My data entry error.

The entry you got was the team requested by Shacf501 who is one line above you on the rather large spreadsheet. On my wide screen monitor I read across to the wrong line. I'll hide a few unnecessary columns to help prevent that happening again.

So in fact there are two errors to be fixed. You should have 2x Weightman, 2x Williams (sub) and English as you say. That means you get 20 points instead of 26. (Your honesty is appreciated!)

But Shacf501 got dudded. He should have had the 26 points attributed to you for 3x Dunkley, Treloar (26) and B Smith. Instead I carried over his team from last week where he had Libba (0) instead of Treloar (26), so I gave him 0.

It doesn't change your overall position but it means Shacf501 goes up to 10th and 54Bulldog16 and Dannnnnnnnnn both drop down one spot.

My apologies to all. :embarrassedv1: I will fix.

Scores for Sharkey66 and Shacf501 have been corrected.

Updated Kelvin result sheet for Rd 23:

1661163719283.png

And here's the updated Pieman Leaderboard (shacf501 moves up from 12th to 10th)

1661164058646.png

Yes you are right. Thanks for pointing that out. My data entry error.

The entry you got was the team requested by Shacf501 who is one line above you on the rather large spreadsheet. On my wide screen monitor I read across to the wrong line. I'll hide a few unnecessary columns to help prevent that happening again.

So in fact there are two errors to be fixed. You should have 2x Weightman, 2x Williams (sub) and English as you say. That means you get 20 points instead of 26. (Your honesty is appreciated!)

But Shacf501 got dudded. He should have had the 26 points attributed to you for 3x Dunkley, Treloar (26) and B Smith. Instead I carried over his team from last week where he had Libba (0) instead of Treloar (26), so I gave him 0.

It doesn't change your overall position but it means Shacf501 goes up to 10th and 54Bulldog16 and Dannnnnnnnnn both drop down one spot.

My apologies to all. :embarrassedv1: I will fix.
Top 10 finish! Can't complain at all for first time around! Love this comp!

ELIMINATION FINAL TEAM

Fremantle v Western Bulldogs
Saturday 3 September, 8.10pm AEST
Optus Stadium

B: Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Zaine Cordy
HB: Bailey Williams, Alex Keath, Bailey Dale
C: Lachie Hunter, Josh Dunkley, Jack Macrae
HF: Adam Treloar, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Jason Johannisen
F: Cody Weightman, Aaron Naughton, Sam Darcy
R: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Bailey Smith
Int: Laith Vandermeer, Caleb Daniel, Toby McLean, Roarke Smith
Emer: Stef Martin, Josh Bruce, Robbie McComb, Taylor Duryea

In: Alex Keath, Jason Johannisen, Toby McLean
Out: Josh Bruce (omitted), Tom Liberatore (hamstring), Taylor Duryea (personal reasons), Robbie McComb (medi-sub)

[Handicaps later tonight.]

Righto here are the ...

Handicaps Elimination Final v Freo

1662049618522.png

Pieman Substitutes

If any are required the order of allocation for Pieman Substitutes will be:
Roarke Smith​
Naughton​
Darcy​
Hunter​
Bontempelli​

Secret Selections

PM me your picks before the game starts if you want your selection to remain confidential.

Delayed Posting of Results

Win, Lose or Draw Extra Time, the results will not be posted until late next week as I'll be away for a few days.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Pieman 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back