Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

PIEMAN RESULTS RD 24 v GWS

I'm back. So here are the results for Round 24.

Ten different goalkickers but there were no Chumps again this week. Two of the 3 most popular picks Ugle-Hagan and Treloar missed out on goals. That might have had a bit to do with it.
No change at the top of the leaderboard either.

Carryover Teams and Pieman Substitutes

There were 19 carryover teams, including mine. The sequence for subs was Darcy--> Ugle-Hagan--> Macrae. A total of 13 Pieman subs were required (10 for West and 3 for Arty Jones who was the WB sub). Pieman subs were applied as follows:

54Bulldog16 got 1x Darcy (16) for 1x West​
Buckingham got 1x Ugle-Hagan (0) for 1x A Jones​
cecil got 2x Darcy (32) for 2x West​
Charlie Bucket got 1x Darcy (16) for 1x West​
Dannnnnnnnn got 1x Darcy (16) for 1x West​
dogwatch got 1x Darcy (16) for 1x West​
Floridog got 1x Macrae (0) for 1x A Jones​
RandomDog got 1x Darcy (16) for 1x A Jones​
TempletonTheRat got 1x Ugle-Hagan (0) for 1x West​
theAthenian got 1x Darcy (16) for 1x West​
weltschmerz got 1x Darcy (16) for 1x West​
Wocka got 1x Darcy (16) for 1x West​
After applying subs these were the most popular picks:​
1725367140056.png
The KELVIN

The Kelvin goes to Bont2Bruce (196) who went the max on Richards but he only just got there ahead of lachy (185) who had a tasty combination of Williams and Libba. Shacf501 (150) was third with double-ups of Libba and Williams.

Average score was 73.16 and the median was 61.

1725367435669.png

The PIEMAN

X_box_X managed to increase his lead over chez_ferret by a further 39 points. The ferret is 84 points adrift. ossie_21 made up some ground on both of them and is now only 104 off the lead. That's a lot to make up in one game so that's another reason for him to hope that we go deep into the finals. Bulldog rick is still a rough chance and so is Bont2Bruce who has moved up to 5th.

1725367816779.png

Pieman Player of the Week

Caleb Daniel has been drifting in the handicaps for a while and he finally got on the scoresheet to be the PPotW.

Highest possible score was a Chump of Daniel+Dale+Libba+Richards+Williams which would have been worth 205 plus an 82 point bonus for a total of 287.
The highest possible non-Chump was a 3x Daniel and a 2x Richards for 228 points.

1725368214953.png

Pieman Player of the Year

The Bont still leads but Darcy has closed to within 4 points.

1725368577268.png

The Finals Campaign Begins This Week
Just a reminder that The Pieman comp continues as long as the boys are in the hunt for the flag. So handicaps will be published when the Elimination Final side is announced on Thursday. Go Dogs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Chez send his selections privately?

Round 23 his team was Bont, Treloar, Richards, Libba, Dale.

I didn't see his team posted for round 24 despite his selections being different.
Yes he did a PM entry for Rd 24. I was unable to declare it during the game (as I normally would) because I was o/s.

He’d have been better letting his R23 team carry over as it turns out. He’d have scored 132 and would have been only 11 points behind you!

Bulldog rick is still a rough chance and so is Bont2Bruce who has moved up to 5th.
Toronto Blue Jays Baseball GIF by MLB

PIEMAN ELIMINATION FINAL v Hawks

Here are the handicaps. Bear in mind one player is to come out of the 23 as sub.

1725527567740.png

Pieman Substitutes

If subs are needed they will be applied in the following order:
Richards​
Naughton​
Darcy​
Daniel​
Liberatore​

RandomDog wanted to send in a PM entry so that Grassman couldn't shadow him. But he doesn't have a BF account. So here's his team:

Marra​
Lobb​
Naughton​
Duryea​
O'Donnell​

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back