2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noble evaluating Suns on Trade Radio right now :)

Gave us 7. Development 6. Vulnerability 5, premiership profile 6-7. Lyons was salary dump. Bowes trade will hurt Suns from stability point of view.

SOS - loved how we played, difficult to beat, will keep improving, does not like we got so many picks and using them for salary dump.

What an idiot SOS is. Asking why we did not ask for extra salary cap instead of picks. WE DID!

Barrett finished off with - what a drain Suns are on competition.

What an entertaining 5 mins, I would be more prepared and know more about Suns than them. A dream job.
Noble starts with they need another tall fwd. Probably the last of things we need!

Noble evaluating Suns on Trade Radio right now :)

Gave us 7. Development 6. Vulnerability 5, premiership profile 6-7. Lyons was salary dump. Bowes trade will hurt Suns from stability point of view.

SOS - loved how we played, difficult to beat, will keep improving, does not like we got so many picks and using them for salary dump.

What an idiot SOS is. Asking why we did not ask for extra salary cap instead of picks. WE DID!

Barrett finished off with - what a drain Suns are on competition.

What an entertaining 5 mins, I would be more prepared and know more about Suns than them. A dream job.
Does Barrett remind anyone of that nerdy but not really intelligent, snobby, arrogant kid from school that nobody particularly liked.

Looks like drafting 4 x 18yr old academy kids will win us the premiership in 2024 😤

FYI
This years possible pick 1 key forward Camden was a 194cm late first round wingman last year as a 17yr old.

So to sending all our picks to 2023 for Jed is amateurish at best.

Who knows where he might end up.. possible second rd 🤷🏽‍♂️
I know but no one wants to hear it, could turn out to be a genius move if a couple of these academy players are guns but in all likelihood they won’t and we are left with another group of later picks of ever diminishing value

Cameron’s history is littered with disasters but he still seems to have support at the club and even on this forum
FFS - You two have your own thread to be miserable in.

I would think that based on our history our Academy kids have never cost us as much as we thought that we would. Fortunately next year appears to be very strong draft year so chances are they slide. Based on my limited knowledge Walters looks top 10 but the smaller mids and thin rucks don't exactly have a history of getting drafted high.

Either we can trade for an A grader next year and still have enough points for academy kids or shuffle the picks to draft a non-academy top 10 kid and get the academy players.

Wouldn't be surprised if we end up splitting 5 to go down to 8-11 for Hollands and gain a later pick for this year or even more future picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Jaeger O'Meara to GWS......

Big L for West Coast, lose a best 22 player and pick 2 for 2 mid first round picks. Teams must not value this year's draft that much.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't really want to keep Rioli and they can eye off the best 2 WA players if they want. Due to Tim Kelly deal they haven't drafted many quality kids. They need an influx in talent.

So North valued JHF as a top 3 pick and a pick in the teens next year. Probably gave the most up in the deal but were really on the back foot unless they held him to his contract and could have got less next year if he didn't perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back