Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey Melbourne, if you pretend that you're interested in Hunter we can leverage that against another club, and we'll give you Schache for only a fourth rounder instead of a third"

A bit sad seeing Schache go and think Melbourne got a cheap one. Maybe they’ll let him play as a leading forward for a year.
In saying that, understand why we’d let him go given our list (Lobb or no Lobb). Did right by him also and giving him a chance to make a career at Dees without asking the world.

Lachie Hunter is a “50-50 chance” to be traded before Wednesday night's deadline, with at least one club particularly interested.

The 27-year-old took two months of personal leave earlier this year and played just four games after Round 5.

With Hunter struggling to get any momentum in his footy throughout 2022, his manager Paul Connors suggested the wingman was looking for a fresh start.

Connors didn’t reveal which clubs are interested, but added Hunter’s biggest suitor had plenty of trade activity to complete on Wednesday.

“Lachie (Hunter) and I have actually been having some good dialogue this week, he’s spoken to the club, feels like a fresh change might be good for him,” he told SEN’s The Run Home.

“It is late, but I would be suggesting he’s a 50-50 chance to move.

“We’ve kept it quiet, we think that there’s a little bit of interest for both parties.

“Sometimes there’s a win-win for player and club, and I think the player and club would think a fresh start for Lachie would be wonderful.”

He added: “I’ve got one club in particular (that's interested). They have got a few things to still tick off, and the Western Bulldogs are as busy as anyone today”.

Hunter won a premiership with the Bulldogs in 2016 and also claimed the club’s best and fairest in 2018.

Connors and all AFL managers have until 7:30pm Wednesday night (AEDT) to sort trades for their clients.

OK Bears, listen stop mucking around:
21+F1+F2 for Dunks and Hunter at 40% salary on us

You're running out of time mate!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to you Schache. I have a lifetime of personal experience on how getting in your own head can be the problem, so I could never hold his faults against him. I think him coming good would have made be happier than anything else, and it really looked like it was happening at the end of 2021. Oh well. I'll still be cheering him on.

Is that the hold up. Negotiating the % we pay, based on the pick we get.
IF we pay more can we get Freos F2, rather than Dees F2.
From my understanding it is

Though i still believe Hunter won't be traded

Nah mate.

Too much has happened off field for us to keep him.

We are better off without Hunter. Future second of a team that won’t have a contested marking forward, in the era of transition football, where the player we send them will slow down their ball movement.

I am very happy with that.
Melbourne say hold my beer and Trade in Schache

If we really don't want Hunter back next year then we're better off paying a considerable amount of his contract for next season (not 2024) and getting a pick out of it.

The only way it hurts us is if he goes to the Demons and performs very well and helps them when it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back