Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie is unbelievable. Wishing him good luck.

Have listened to a lot of interviews over the years with our new recruits but that was one of the better ones, both Brodie’s responses and interesting questions from the interviewer. Good luck to the lad, hope he gets to make his debut (on form of course and not because we’ve been decimated by injuries).

Caleb Graham footy festival
Screenshot_20230213_173031_Chrome.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Graham footy festival
View attachment 1606252
Crowd control coming in hot!

Ben King
The Suns have been thrilled with King’s recovery from a knee reconstruction, but are aware there is no need to rush his return to competitive football.
He continues to be integrated into drills at a Suns team that now has much more depth after the strong performances of Levi Casboult and Mabior Chol last year.
King will miss the club’s first pre-season hitout against a real rival when the Suns take on Essendon on February 23.
But a clash with GWS Giants at Blacktown on March 4 is his expected return date.
That would give him nearly 13 months from his injury before he tests his repaired ligament in competitive action.

Rowell on King
“Coming out of stoppage and seeing him and kicking it to him will be pretty cool. I am good friends with him and he’s worked so hard since he’s done his knee. I am really looking forward to him getting back playing.”
Rowell believes the new-look Suns forward line without Adelaide-bound Izak Rankine but with the returning King will be even more dynamic than when he went down with injury.
“We have got a pretty dangerous forward line, it’s a good mix of talls and smalls. Even our forward line with Kingy and Marbs (Mabior Chol) is really dangerous at ground level.
“If we can get it in our forward line and keep it in there it will go a long way to winning games.

From Monday’s match sim -

“Lining up on the wings were David Swallow and Elijah Hollands.”

Tough, hard and both can impact at both ends.

Love that wing pairing!

What we learnt: Match Sim…
What we learnt: Match Sim
Wonder if Ellis will start the season on the bench and be involved in the wing/ half back rotation and maybe get pushed right out once Powell and weller return. He would make a good sub with his running powers late.

Wonder if Ellis will start the season on the bench and be involved in the wing/ half back rotation and maybe get pushed right out once Powell and weller return. He would make a good sub with his running powers late.
Just my opinion but I think we still need Brandon’s experience on the field as much as possible, wherever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back