No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

The media are very predictable in their writing. It's actually infuriating they call themselves journalists

I'm just glad that it looks like that the 'poor old Essendon' narrative that they all had to peddle seems to have finally worn off in recent months.

Buddy was up to no good off the field for years.

Hodge was done drink driving, which is about as unforgivable offence there is IMO. Especially when you have money and can easily afford an Uber, etc.

Hodge and Mitchell used to party hard in their earlier days. There are too many stories about AFL players. So many young players (young men) with disposable income get caught up to no good for years before they mature.

As a wise man (my avatar) once said - money just makes you more of the person you really are.

Personally I'd draw the line at Family Violence (Elijah Taylor) and the kind of stuff that Patton got up to.
ultimately its an arbitrary line that's, in reality, mostly dictated by money and star power. Especially true in the NBA which is perhaps the most star driven competition in the world

so I guess you have to personally dictate what level of being a dickhead is OK based on your own moral values. Party drugs, lots of alcohol, all that shit clubs won't care about as long as you're good enough.

Also with Hodge I totally agree drink driving is unacceptable. But there's a difference between being blind and "just" having a couple pints that ticks you over. Same crime, totally different moral implication

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
They say one week for Buddy but 2 for Pickett

Buddy actually made contact with his head whereas I don’t think Pickett did but they are going with the “intent”

Really struggle to understand how they determine these things

Buddy actually made contact with his head whereas I don’t think Pickett did but they are going with the “intent”

MRP lotto. it's always a shitshow

But if you're the Demons and Swans, just take the suspension. No point fighting the MRP on it.

Last edited:

If you don’t think Picket caught him high I suggest you weren’t paying attention.
If it was all chest physics says the whiplash would have been the opposite direction

Attachments

• 20569A46-4412-46E2-ACB1-3E70D3FC8515.png
    20569A46-4412-46E2-ACB1-3E70D3FC8515.png
    444.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 81541425-57B7-4EB4-916C-308A67EEAA2D.png
    81541425-57B7-4EB4-916C-308A67EEAA2D.png
    419.3 KB · Views: 47

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back