MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird that two 6'9/10 blokes jumping into each other to hit an oblong ball that's been randomly thumped into the ground would produce variable outcomes.

Confident in us successfully challenging Acres’ suspension.

Looks like he goes in for an unsuccessful smother:
68C93E91-2B0C-4F98-996F-684E322358F2.jpeg

Then braces for impact to protect himself:
7235E078-5C9D-4E5D-8BEF-5342E65D7D1D.jpeg

Think we could argue incidental head-high contact from a non-bump. Let’s see.

Confident in us successfully challenging Acres’ suspension.

Looks like he goes in for an unsuccessful smother:
View attachment 1647943

Then braces for impact to protect himself:
View attachment 1647944

Think we could argue incidental head-high contact from a non-bump. Let’s see.

This angle is probably not great for my argument above, although it shows very minor contact was made to the head. So we could potentially even argue low-impact…
View attachment trim.86AB6CD8-B630-4228-B270-F2F765331411.MOV

Appeal. I don't care if he is going to miss with injury or not. There is no reportable act there. It is clear he is trying to smother the ball - you cannot legislate against accidents in AFL
Yes purely accidental so was Buddy running past the ball to elbow someone accidental both actions get a week what a load of bull Christian can go get f’d

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see whether O'meara (freo) gets charged. Went for a mark and got nowhere it and concussed Witherden in the process. Was really running obstruction for Darcy? Witherden helped cause it but did O'meara have a duty of care?

What is the threshold for the grading system? You could apply the careless conduct and high, to all high tackles in game and give a fine,

Careless conduct, high, medium impact.

Firstly there is enough precedent to determine if the contact was medium or low(to me it looks low)

Just saw the Logue bump and it's so confusing that him and Acres get the same penalty.

Looks to me like Blacres braces for contact, don't know what other option he could have taken except back out of the contest completely or let himself get cleaned up.

They really need to look at intent and other options a player could have taken when assessing these situations, but that would be the common sense approach

Hello Christopher Townshend KC

Fssv_QYaUAALI-N

The incident was in the 4th quarter with 30 seconds left in the game - and they put 2nd quarter for some reason...

Also, how do they judge it as medium impact when there was 30 seconds left in the game?

Yes I know and it just goes to show that MR MRO has NFI!

As previously stated, I welcome tougher base penalties for intentional acts that result in head high contact, extra loading for concussion/injuries.

Especially if you have another viable option such as bumping lower, tackle, smother

The careless rating is just crap, it should be accidental, with a lesser penalty

The force of which Logue laid that bump, which also clipped Day high, should be 2 weeks (Kosi was a 3 week hit)

If you had that consistency, then I could cop Acres getting 1 week

What a crock of shit...

He went for a smother and then braced for impact.

As part of Daniels' own kicking action, he lowered himself.

The elbow doesn't even come up at all... his arm is flat against his body and they deem that medium impact? What are these morons smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back