State of umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont think we were ever in it in the end but the 5 50/50s that went charlies way were as good a run as i can ever remember a forward getting.

And zurhaars getting his head ripped off and not one of the 4 umps saw it was the cherry on the cake.

Steve never ran to far either.

In the biblical version jesus Christ was crucified.

Even if you had the top umpires every game, it’s still abysmal.

Incorrect disposal isn’t a thing.
Dropping the ball isn’t a thing.
Holding the ball isn’t adjudicated consistently.
Holding the man is inconsistent
Chopping the arms is inconsistent

Then there’s the confusion around below the knee contact and sling tackles.

It’s an absolute joke and I have no idea how they are going to fix it. O

One thing is for sure though, it’s ruining football.
The holding the man rule irks me the most. Blokes take possession, get tackled and drops it straight away and then get a soft holding free.

Even if you had the top umpires every game, it’s still abysmal.

Incorrect disposal isn’t a thing.
Dropping the ball isn’t a thing.
Holding the ball isn’t adjudicated consistently.
Holding the man is inconsistent
Chopping the arms is inconsistent

Then there’s the confusion around below the knee contact and sling tackles.

It’s an absolute joke and I have no idea how they are going to fix it. O

One thing is for sure though, it’s ruining football.
Ump #17 and #37 were anything but inconsistent. They were more reliable than old faithful and old yellow respectively.

Free kick Charlie Curnow? You're welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to the good old days when a coach would send the captain from the huddle to go speak to the umpires? I was so hoping Clarkson would do it after that third quarter but the AFL would have probably given Clarko, Jy, Lmac and some other random North player weeks for it.

What happened to the good old days when a coach would send the captain from the huddle to go speak to the umpires? I was so hoping Clarkson would do it after that third quarter but the AFL would have probably given Clarko, Jy, Lmac and some other random North player weeks for it.

Protective species

They’ve been given way too much leeway. The dissent rule is a perfect example

Worst game of umpiring l have seen in my 55 years of watching Football........l dont mind the mistakes however todays game was attrocious..
You missed the 94 Prelim?

32-13 free kick to Geelong.
5-0 goals from free kicks to Geelong.
Ablett gets a free for tripping over his own shoelace and kicks a goal.

Tonight was bad, but no where near as bad, it cost us a premiership, or at least the chance to play for one. Tonight it cost us only 4pts in a rebuilding year.

They were shit. End of story. Completely inconsistent and the softest of soft frees paid to Carlton. Curnow got absolutely gifted at least 3 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

State of umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back