Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno what the chances are to get it worn twice a year but I’ll take home showdown + ANZAC round. Dunno what the public perception of us wearing it on ANZAC round is, does it come across as us using an important round for a “gimmick” cause, or would people understand the significance? Although now that one of our AFLW players is serving for the country the “every PAFC player to have served wore black and white” argument isn’t as true. If we can only wear it once a year I feel like it’s a lot easier to argue to the league for the home showdown rather than ANZAC round. That being said there’s still a case for ANZAC round, this is what I wrote on an IG post.
Would be more impact full with a Bob Quinn pic and some Bob Quinn stats and war history IMO.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whilst home is obviously best, I don't mind seeing it from time to time with away shorts.

Inb4 scorcho pops in to say that the PB looks better with white shorts

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
It would be fantastic if there was ever the chance to wear the PBs with white shorts in Melbourne against Carlton, Richmond or Melbourne.

Unfortunately that would be unconscionable to Eddie and affiliates.

The wacky circumstances of the 2014 Elim final are probably the only way we could ever have seen that combo at AFL level.

It would be fantastic if there was ever the chance to wear the PBs with white shorts in Melbourne against Carlton, Richmond or Melbourne.

Unfortunately that would be unconscionable to Eddie and affiliates.

The wacky circumstances of the 2014 Elim final are probably the only way we could ever have seen that combo at AFL level.
away vs fremantle

Dunno what the chances are to get it worn twice a year but I’ll take home showdown + ANZAC round. Dunno what the public perception of us wearing it on ANZAC round is, does it come across as us using an important round for a “gimmick” cause, or would people understand the significance? Although now that one of our AFLW players is serving for the country the “every PAFC player to have served wore black and white” argument isn’t as true. If we can only wear it once a year I feel like it’s a lot easier to argue to the league for the home showdown rather than ANZAC round. That being said there’s still a case for ANZAC round, this is what I wrote on an IG post.
Using the 1914 PBs would add gravitas for the Anzac round (with appropriate promotion and context explanation).

I don't know how to go about it but I know that it makes sense for us to wear the jumper in the ANZAC week of games. Have the ANZAC weekend of games kind of become an inflated fanfare anyway? The naming of an ANZAC medal that's awarded to the best player that represents the spirit of a soldier in a bloody war?

Asking to wear that jumper in that game shouldn't stir a problem but we all know that it will. Are the AFL hypocritical about it when the Vic clubs don't have to wear a clash jumper?

I have for a long time wondered whether the RSL club/s in the heart of Port Adelaide can lobby the AFL. Wonder how it would go down when the AFL knock their request on the head. Although is it fitting for the RSL to request that a particular footy jumper be worn?

Whilst home is obviously best, I don't mind seeing it from time to time with away shorts.

Inb4 scorcho pops in to say that the PB looks better with white shorts

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

😍

Unfff the colour blocking is absolutely delicious. The 2014 EF is the best a team has ever looked during an V/AFL game and it's not even close.

Just a clash jumper idea, does this pass the test for Port fans?

View attachment 1672494

In an alternate universe where we can wear the prison bars when and where we want and had the PBs as the home guernsey, this sort of thing makes a lot of sense as a clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PB
Black shorts with white stripes
Teal Socks
Black boots

303uj5.jpg

Collingwood's 'white' kit is a great looking kit. Especially liking Ginnivin's long sleeve version.

I think they've lost sight of their traditional brand along the way with trying so hard to be the 'black' team in an attempt to counter our claims to wear the PBs.

Collingwood's 'white' kit is a great looking kit. Especially liking Ginnivin's long sleeve version.

I think they've lost sight of their traditional brand along the way with trying so hard to be the 'black' team in an attempt to counter our claims to wear the PBs.
Would also mean Carlton / Richmond / Essendon could all wear their traditional Guernsey against them too, with no clash issues, which the VIC bigwigs would love. Put Collingwood back in a white based Guernsey

Yep.

And a stark contrast to the dark opposition outfits which makes it so much easier for the TV viewer to enjoy the game. Something AFL House has consistently placed a distant second to the politics of appeasing the big Victorian clubs despite the game being financially dependent on broadcast revenue.

I'm of the opinion that Collingwood shouldn't have a "home" kit. Just have a white based kit and a black based kit and wear whatever contrasts better with your opponent. Do away with the home and away/clash labels. Lean into the "Collingwood don't have a clash guernsey" criticism by claiming that you're wearing a traditional Collingwood guernsey every single game.

I'm of the opinion that Collingwood shouldn't have a "home" kit. Just have a white based kit and a black based kit and wear whatever contrasts better with your opponent. Do away with the home and away/clash labels. Lean into the "Collingwood don't have a clash guernsey" criticism by claiming that you're wearing a traditional Collingwood guernsey every single game.

If they played us at AO wearing what they wore tonight, and we wore our BiB with black shorts, it would be a great contrast. Can't see them ever doing that though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back