Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact. The story I heard from a very good source….
I think one doesn’t equate to the other.
Depends who the source was, and on this occasion, it was a person quite high in the club's hierarchy and was backed up by a senior Carlton administrator with whom I worked at the time.

"Did you watch the game, or just read the stats at the end?"

How long did it take you to come up with that retort?
And after coming up with it, did you chuckle to yourself typing it in?

Now, let's pull apart your reply.
If it's all so easy for a centre square midfielder to rack up tackle stats, HOW COME NONE OF OUR OTHER CENTRE SQUARE MIDFIELDERS HAVE RACKED UP THESE EASY TACKLE STATS? Or is it only easy for Connor to racked them up?
I did read somewhere that there's a lot of stationary opponents around stoppages.

Also, seeing you've watched game and I haven't because I just look at the stats, can you tell me how many other Port players missed tackles? Because from where I'm sitting (not in front of a TV, obviously) if every other Port player out there nailed their tackles, we probably don't lose by 36 points...

You posted he can't lay a tackle. But the truth is, he can. He laid 20 of them in the last 3 weeks - more than any other Port player in this finals series. Now, is he a perfect tackler? Hell no, but I think it's a bit rich when you highlight ONE player.

Maybe, you didn't watch the game either...
Hey, man...sorry for getting under your skin.

Fact is, I could go through the game and highlight the occasions where Connor missed tackles. They were there, and far better judges than me have also pointed this out. You could go through the game and highlight as many occasions when he made tackles. We don't all see things the same.

He is our captain, he sets the example. He will take the glory when it comes, but the spotlight on him will be brighter when we fail.

Depends who the source was, and on this occasion, it was a person quite high in the club's hierarchy and was backed up by a senior Carlton administrator with whom I worked at the time.
With respect that still doesn’t make it a fact. I’m not sure who your source is within the club, but the Carlton administrator? They saw Tredrea tearing them a new one first hand why wouldn’t they be sprouting anything to place a wedge between him and Jack if they were the slightest chance to nab him?
Like I said, Tredrea being so young and immature at the time was probably hurt by the way he felt Cahill was treating him but I highly doubt this was because Cahill didn’t rate him as has been suggested.
I’d back Jack all day with talent identification.

With respect that still doesn’t make it a fact. I’m not sure who your source is within the club, but the Carlton administrator? They saw Tredrea tearing them a new one first hand why wouldn’t they be sprouting anything to place a wedge between him and Jack if they were the slightest chance to nab him?
Like I said, Tredrea being so young and immature at the time was probably hurt by the way he felt Cahill was treating him but I highly doubt this was because Cahill didn’t rate him as has been suggested.
I’d back Jack all day with talent identification.
Agreed. I have always said that not extending Cahill beyond that first 2 years was Port's first big AFL mistake. I'm pretty confident in my thought that had he stayed the finals failures would not have happened and he would have led the list he had to a flag many years earlier than 2004 as well as laying a foundation for long years of success due to his nous in identifying players with talent and plenty of G & D, and weeding out the spuds and half arse Harrys.
The club source has now moved on and has been gone for some time now and in any case it's irrelevant as it never happened. Similarly, Carlton's defence on that day you refer to was full of more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese, and all the forwards had a day out that afternoon. The person I worked with was very close to their board led by Elliott at the time and confirmed Tredrea's manager had approached the board and football department about a trade. There's every possibility it may have been false. There was also the rumour that he approached Collingwood due to the family connection but don't know any details on that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back