MRP / Trib. Mansell Suspended 3 Weeks - Suspension Upheld

Remove this Banner Ad

Wankley spent a half hour defending Sicily then goes Mansell was a straight forward suspension and moves on 🤣

The thing is this just shows how far out of touch with reality Whateley is, for whatever reason. How can anyone with any level of self respect view an incident that HAS NEVER BEEN SUSPENDED in the whole history of the game and say that is a straight forward suspension? There is literally no precedent to a player arriving almost simultaneously at the ball with an opponent and being suspended for it where he has braced for impact without leaving the ground or raising an elbow or doing something else dangerous. If it was so straightforward, then Whateley needs to explain what Mansell could do in the alternative. Neither him, nor the AFL(through their tribunal advocate) nor the Tribunal have offered anything coherent on that. The ****ing AFL tribunal advocate as we know offered he could have tackled(wrong because Aish did not yet have possession of the ball, and certainly did not when Mansell had his final opportunity to decide on a course of action roughly 0.2 seconds prior to impact, an unavoidable limit placed by human reaction time) or he could have slowed down, which she offered without any explanation as to how this might work in practice - which player is supposed to slow down? How is either player to KNOW ahead of the collision that it is the opponent who will emerge concussed, so I had better slow down.

Whateley was running the same bullshit in the similar David McKay case.

We should be appealing this decision, it is so wrong.

1. The player is entitled within the rules of the sport to contest the football with maximal vigour, as both Aish and Mansell did

2. If a player finds himself in a high speed contest against a player coming from the opposite direction he is entitled to fairly protect himself from the impact, as Mansell did by turning side on, and Aish made some attempt to do.

3. If a player elects to brace by turning side on he needs to take as much care in this action as he possibly can in order to avoid contact the opponent's head. Do not leave the ground, do not aim any body part like a raised forearm at the head, do not lead with the shoulder or upper body, but rather the hip. Mansell took as much care over all these things as a player could possibly take.

Thats because of the AFL were basing the suspension of if it was a bump or not, rather than if what he did was a reasonable action.

So by extension they are saying you are not allowed to turn side on to contest any ball unless the opponent is also side on, which you cannot know ahead of time. :drunk:

incredible to feel like I don’t understand the rules anymore of a sport I have been watching for 35+ years. A group of divkheads masquerading as sport executives have ruined it. Our 3 premierships will be remembered as the peak before it turned into a muddled netball mutant freak
af98c-this.gif

Case has been heard, only thing we can appeal is the length of the suspension as I understand it.
Unless they can appeal a miscarriage of justice, but not sure on that?

Can definitely still get him off on appeal and likely will at least get it reduced, appeals board has a very good strike rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

incredible to feel like I don’t understand the rules anymore of a sport I have been watching for 35+ years. A group of divkheads masquerading as sport executives have ruined it. Our 3 premierships will be remembered as the peak before it turned into a muddled netball mutant freak
jack seemed to think a penalty was in order last night on afl360. just questioned the length.

Absurd that we're even talking about this.
Complete freak accident.

How in any way is this equal to De Goey's suspension? De Goey had every other option available: could've tackled, gone for the smother/intercept the ball during flight, or he could have entirely left his oppo with no contact seeing the ball had already been disposed.
This is a complete 50/50, ball-in-dispute contest. It's been brought up already, but how is this not just poor technique/lack of awareness by Aish?

Tribunal arguing Mansell could've slowed or tackled Aish instead. What a crock.
Surely the club will appeal... surely.

MUST APPEAL
cxm7kj-267587271-gif.1712380

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Mansell Suspended 3 Weeks - Suspension Upheld

Remove this Banner Ad

Back