News Tom Lynch out for 6-12 weeks with hamstring injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to say it, but give it away big fella.
He and Prestia are done sadly.
can't disagree with that, meaty done his by bending over to pick up the footy and Lynch just basically landed in a slightly awkward way.
hard to fathom that it adds up to 16 weeks of hamstring injury/s.

Without Lynch and Balta, this season looks like it's going to be a year to 'refresh' the list. I can't understate the importance of Lynch to this team and without Balta, we'll be left with Kozi and Ryan or a year hwere we play small and pressure the shi.te out of the opposition. It worked in 2017 but I can't see Kozi (or Balta when he returns), having the same impact that Jack did at the time but who knows?!

I was incredibly impressed with our pressure that was generated from our small forwards this week and which then was infectious to the rest of the team. If we continue this, with Dusty resting forward, it might be the point of difference we need to rattle the opposition and, inconceivably and unbelievably, race up the ladder and shock the football world. We did it in 2017 under similar circumstances. Don't write us off yet.

Without Lynch and Balta, this season looks like it's going to be a year to 'refresh' the list. I can't understate the importance of Lynch to this team and without Balta, we'll be left with Kozi and Ryan or a year hwere we play small and pressure the shi.te out of the opposition. It worked in 2017 but I can't see Kozi (or Balta when he returns), having the same impact that Jack did at the time but who knows?!

I was incredibly impressed with our pressure that was generated from our small forwards this week and which then was infectious to the rest of the team. If we continue this, with Dusty resting forward, it might be the point of difference we need to rattle the opposition and, inconceivably and unbelievably, race up the ladder and shock the football world. We did it in 2017 under similar circumstances. Don't write us off yet.
Lynch isn't winning another flag with us, and probably can't stay on the park a full season.

If the opportunity arose, why not trade him to a contender that would part with a late first? Unless people are happy for a dozen games to maybe scrape into finals at best.

If like they're reporting is correct - and it did tear low down at the knee - then he'll be having a distal reattachment; which, is usually a 3 month (a lot quicker than a proximal which is high up) recovery. However, as he'll be receiving some of the best rehab treatment one can get, I'd say you could potentially take a few weeks off the recovery.

1) we don't have the best rehab treatment at Punt Rd. We have bargain basement Louie and his cohort of rejects.

2) He's old, injury prone and on $1.5 mil for 2024 AND 2025. There will be no rush, they'll err on the side of caution. You must've had your head in the sand. NONE of our injured players comeback earlier. 1 week ingrown toenails turn into gangrenous amputations where The Punt Rd Slasher is involved. We might not see Lynch again in 2024?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) we don't have the best rehab treatment at Punt Rd. We have bargain basement Louie and his cohort of rejects.

2) He's old, injury prone and on $1.5 mil for 2024 AND 2025. There will be no rush, they'll err on the side of caution. You must've had your head in the sand. NONE of our injured players comeback earlier. 1 week ingrown toenails turn into gangrenous amputations where The Punt Rd Slasher is involved. We might not see Lynch again in 2024?
1. What you find on google is the standard recovery period being 12 weeks for the injury he sustained. That is people that are going to physio once a week and continuing it at home; Lynch will be receiving physio treatment from numerous highly trained physios and Drs. I know we all like to blame Meehan on this board but the reality is that he isn’t the only one down at the rehab centre.

2. Yeah, he’s 30 odd years old, so it’s a safe assumption that he won’t recover as quickly as a younger player would; however, he’s been through rehab multiple times and should know how to get the best out of his body in terms of recovering. The club has said 6-8 weeks, and I’m literally saying 12 weeks, possibly a few less; so to say I have my head in the sand is laughable.

Lynch isn't winning another flag with us, and probably can't stay on the park a full season.

If the opportunity arose, why not trade him to a contender that would part with a late first? Unless people are happy for a dozen games to maybe scrape into finals at best.
Naismith made it back from 3 ACLs ... he will be back ... this is the year to play the kids ... and maybe a real blessing for his foot stress fractures ... an extra 3 months rest from football might be perfect for Lunch to hit the next pre-season in great shape ... not to mention a finish in the bottom half won't be horrible for our draft hand

One is overweight, gets free kicks and has decent physical management manager the other plays for Richmond which has Loui
Lynch has had a multi week injury every year since he arrived at RFc , u can’t Blane anyone, and he missed the sec half of last year at GC with PCL injury , he’s brittle

He ll likely get a tap on shoulder to sit out year for a mid season pic

It takes up to three months after surgery for most people to function normally. For high-level and recreational athletes, your orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist will create a “return to sport” protocol that takes three to six months and prepares you to get back to training and competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tom Lynch out for 6-12 weeks with hamstring injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back