Game Day Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all his good work Rowan Marshall's one wood is still grab the ball and blindly kick it anywhere.
Said this long time ago.. Marshall needs to learn what other elite ruckman does, bring midfielders into the game.. his default action should be handballing to a free mid, blocking and tackling, not kicking blindly..

Some of the comments you'd think some are surprised we are being well beaten by a genuine premiership contender.

I think we've actually been alright, it's a slog but if we keep hanging around it can turn. Just don't want to get blown out, anything that can mess with our heads may hurt us in a couple weeks, we're still pretty mentally soft.
It's not the being beaten thing that gets me, it's the return of poor skills. Brisbane are all over us, we can't get near it.

Some of the comments you'd think some are surprised we are being well beaten by a genuine premiership contender.

I think we've actually been alright, it's a slog but if we keep hanging around it can turn. Just don't want to get blown out, anything that can mess with our heads may hurt us in a couple weeks, we're still pretty mentally soft.

He's done some interesting positional moves too. Probably more experimental than he has been all year. Owens plenty of time on ball and Stocker up the ground.

Lucky to be only 14 points down considering our midfield has been torched and our forward line has been a dog's breakfast again.

Our defence has kept us in it along with Brisbane being so wasteful kicking at goal, Steele nowhere to be seen along with Membrey and Hayes.

A few other passengers out there as well, too many passengers, we need these passengers to put their oar in the water and start rowing or we're sunk.

The few entries forward we’ve had have been headless chock jobs.
Membrey looks so off the pace. Their forwards are piling back to support but ours are just wandering.

I reckon very few Saints could put their hand up and say they did ok in that half- bloody terrible
Only Marshall and Stocker imo - we can improve because even one can put in a better effort than what they have been doing.
Membery needs get into the game he only had 1 touch , he needs to be our link up to our forward line.
Hayes not up to speed , needs game time and hopefully he get more of a chance this quarter with more forward entries.

Brisbane playing us beautifully. McInerney on top in the middle. They’re clogging up our rebounding channels and we don’t have enough class by foot to short kick all the way to the forward 50.

Need Sharman to do a little bit more on offense. Hill is in a funk. Gresh and Crouch need to hit all their kicks if we’re going to win this.

We look very very slow compared to them on ball. Gresham is the only one that looks fast enough to keep up. We should probably bring Byrnes on too.

Sharman is hardly getting look because it's never going inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if they had kicked straight

Lyon's game plan gives you plenty of shots but not many easy ones. We've been lucky but directing them to be unlucky too.

Men v boys really. Lions are absolutely brutalising us in the air.

We have a lot of blokes that can't half a contest aerially.

Imagine if they had kicked straight
Yeah that's the thing though - you miss, you get another go, you miss again and you get another another go, you miss again and you get another another another go.

You kick a goal and it goes back to the centre where its 50/50.

We look very very slow compared to them on ball. Gresham is the only one that looks fast enough to keep up. We should probably bring Byrnes on too.

Sharman is hardly getting look because it's never going inside 50.

We need to shake things up, maybe throw Higgins on ball to give us some more zip in the midfield, he isn't doing much up forward anyway.

Throw Steele up forward and see if he can do something there as he is doing SFA in the midfield.

Just try something different, if we keep doing the same thing nothing will change and Brisbane will waltz to an easy win.

I'd offer Cordy a year's extension for each tooth he knocks out of Spannerher's head.

Life membership if it makes him choke on his chewy.

Utter madness on comments about trading players at a ground they rarely lose at.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back