Autopsy Round 14, 2024: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a really good trick on Kings part to play 7 years of AFL football when he was drafted at the end of 2018, played 5 VFL games in 2019 because of an acl and didn't debut until 2020.
That is just over 4 seasons but go ahead and keep up with your alternative facts to suit a false narrative and agenda.
King may not make it, but Don't blatantly lie to try to inflate your opinion.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
He has made it all ready-history says he will build from this point as i said earlier he needs to put on 5 kg

That is a really good trick on Kings part to play 7 years of AFL football when he was drafted at the end of 2018, played 5 VFL games in 2019 because of an acl and didn't debut until 2020.
That is just over 4 seasons but go ahead and keep up with your alternative facts to suit a false narrative and agenda.
King may not make it, but Don't blatantly lie to try to inflate your opinion.

I agree, King may not make it as a marquee elite power forward and only every remain as an average player but I'd be trialling him in the ruck /forward postion before calling it.

Max is our biggest issue in the forwardline.

I think they should turn him into a ruck/forward and get away from him being our key focal point...I think he's not going to improve after 80 odd games and 7 years in the system and we will continue to be poor in our front half whilst our midfield are too King centric with the forward mechanism.

The opposition are proving every game they know exactly how the ball is going to enter our forward line and set up perfectly just to walk the ball out.
Max hasn't got the core strength or physicality to be a ruckman or a top FF- sure he could get a few hit outs and snag 2 or 3 goals standing at FF, but he is a mobile tall athlete with good footy skills and could almost be played as a roaming half forward where he would have more room to use his skills.

It’s an uncomfortable reality but it seems as each week passes you might just be on the money here.
A bitter pill to swallow but it would be interesting to see King tried in different ways. I said a couple of
years ago to build his tank and run him off a wing as he’s not bad with a ground ball, is quickish for his size
and can use the pill by hand, but was laughed at. If Battle goes, I’d even consider him down back.
It's very clearly an attitude issue with him. This game he did a few good things but still several times was just trotting around instead of attacking the man/ball. I still think the answer is to plonk him at CHF where he can't hide so much. Depriving him of the opportunity to switch off will have the same desired effect and he doesn't seem the type who will respond well to a rocket.

I agree, King may not make it as a marquee elite power forward and only every remain as an average player but I'd be trialling him in the ruck /forward postion before calling it.
agree with that it is ok to not know something as you posted at ADS.

He has just over 4 seasons playing AFL not 7.
Even if you want to look at his first years on a list where he only played 5 VFL games it is only 5 years not 7.

Pleasure to educate you.

Kicked 3 in a supposed poor game. I am pretty excited by that. When he is in form and not carrying a knee or a shoulder, he will be great if 3 goals is poor.

I would like to see Caminiti be the target like King is for all the long balls inside 50. King gets too far under it or is moved under the drop space, Caminiti times his jumps better so that he crashes the pack which makes it a lot easier and more dangerous crumb.

Max hasn't got the core strength or physicality to be a ruckman or a top FF- sure he could get a few hit outs and snag 2 or 3 goals standing at FF, but he is a mobile tall athlete with good footy skills and could almost be played as a roaming half forward where he would have more room to use his skills.
Yeah possibly, anything but the deepest key tall forward I think is worth a try, he's just too lazy in that position, constantly gets caught out cheating by sag off the back of packs to get the cheap.

After the bye team

B. Wilkie Keeler Windhager

H.B. NWM Caminiti Sinclair

C. Henry Clark Wood

H.F. Butler Battle Hall

F. Higgins King Owens

Foll. Marshall Steele Dow

I/C. Campbell, Hill, Sch'maker, Wilson, Garcia -sub

Ins. Garcia, Hall, Keeler, NWM

Outs. Bonner, Cordy, Jones, Ross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did this happen? Has he gotten weaker? Need some strength to take contested marks.

Attachments

• IMG_20240616_105433.jpg
    IMG_20240616_105433.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 28
Can't wait for us to pick "the best available" again and it turns out to be another key forward flop.

Highly doubtful.

Every single comment re list needs from the decision makers at the club has identified midfielders as the priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree with that it is ok to not know something as you posted at ADS.

He has just over 4 seasons playing AFL not 7.
Even if you want to look at his first years on a list where he only played 5 VFL games it is only 5 years not 7.

Pleasure to educate you.

Kicked 3 in a supposed poor game. I am pretty excited by that. When he is in form and not carrying a knee or a shoulder, he will be great if 3 goals is poor.

I actually do look at those years he was incapable of delivering.

It's very clearly an attitude issue with him. This game he did a few good things but still several times was just trotting around instead of attacking the man/ball. I still think the answer is to plonk him at CHF where he can't hide so much. Depriving him of the opportunity to switch off will have the same desired effect and he doesn't seem the type who will respond well to a rocket.

Lyon has always like a spiller target up forward.

How did this happen? Has he gotten weaker? Need some strength to take contested marks.

There's a reason Lyon hasn't or Ratts didn't use him as a ruck- he would get monstered. Positioning is one thing to take a contested possession, which he does ok, but bodying out players to mark is not his strength.

I would like to see Caminiti be the target like King is for all the long balls inside 50. King gets too far under it or is moved under the drop space, Caminiti times his jumps better so that he crashes the pack which makes it a lot easier and more dangerous crumb.
It's hard to crash packs when you are standing still behind a pack waiting for the cheapy which is why the ball constantly gets walked out of our forward line.

Max is not doing anything to crash the packs and bring the ball to ground for our smalls nor does he do enough to help keep the ball locked in.

He's actually a very selfish player.

Got to LOVE RTB…

managed to bring up the inequities of the byes, the price paid for NGAs by the northern clubs AND the F/S all in one presser, in a very self-deprecating manner, like he was joking, but he clearly was not.
About time someone at our club started beating the jungle drums. For those Ross haters…not many would get away with it…he does

So we fold like a deck of cards when the game was there to be won early - playing like the same headless chooks with shocking skills- kick some late goals when the cue is in the rack for the opposition, and now many of you are lauding Ross for playing “attacking” football and showing the media and his detractors up?!

But last week the majority here said we “didn’t have the cattle” to play attacking football?!

Another confusing day for the followers of Ross Lyon FC.

Today showed a coach out of his depth trying desperately to respond to the (rightful) barrage he copped last week.

Well, he tried to open up more. But the game was over by quarter time and our defence leaked like a sieve. He doesn’t have the skillset to coach in an attacking way. He only knows defence.

Last quarter, in desperation (and in junk time) he throws all the chess pieces in the air and the chaos catches the opposition off guard.

Amazingly, the chaos had his team score the same amount of goals in one quarter as he’d scored the entire previous game.

I think I’ll have to have another sip of the Kool-Aid and watch a genius Ross presser, while lauding the master coach’s turn of phrase.

What has our club and fanbase become?! Millionaire presidents choosing out-of-date coaches on yachts, paying them millions without a process, and we just swallow up whatever we are given.

Welcome to Ross Lyon FC.
I hope you are either drunk or just having a moment because this is bordering on one of the all time shittest posts I have every read….ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 14, 2024: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back