Game Day 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see a Game Day thread in September.

Great to be back in it.

Not as nervous as I used to get. I think I’m just happy we are back and am taking it as a bonus this year. And a great opportunity for our talented young players to get a home final.

We are a big chance today. Midfield battle is huge. Would love a finals win.

Saw a snippet on the gram and he’s already talking about us being underdogs (external perception) and having our backs to the wall all year.
You'd be frothing like a wild mutt listening to that stuff. Players would be seeing red from the outset. 70,000 roaring them home. Surprised we've gone in as underdogs.

return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

Love it. What I like most about him is that he seems to really understand the culture of the club and the feelings of the supporters. Sometimes he just talks like a supporter would. Unfiltered and doesn't bat away questions with media trained responses.

Seems in tune with it all. A lot of what we've said all year about the media doubting us etc he also says the same thing. Haven't really had any issues with selection all year too. Us in here will want x and y omitted and he seems to do it most times. Last year and years prior I'd be dumbfounded by some of the lineups from week to week.

Not sure what you like to eat but the London Tavern might be good. It's not on Swan street so doesn't have 50,000 people trying to get in after the footy but still close enough. Sort of modern pub food. Depends where you're parking. If you park in the city there is heaps there and you can pretty much choose anything you could imagine.
The london tavern is popular. Fills up quickly

Heading down the Hume Fwy with a Saints scarf and a fresh spud on the dash. Mrs has no idea why the spud is there.

Can anyone give me a good recommendation on where I can go after the footy? Somewhere close to the G that I can have a beer and the kids can have a feed.
Richmond club hotel would be a good shout. It's pretty big so might be easier to get in and get food. Can get pretty busy in Richmond after a big game at the g

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield will be the key. Win the clearances, give our forwards a good look and we should be able to win.
The other games have been relatively low scoring. Would be funny if we kick the highest score of the round. Not sure how that will fit with media narrative.
Saints 196!

Play your role.
Do the 1 percenters.
Give 100% effort.
Enjoy the moment.
Don’t take a backwards step.
Never give up.
Back urself.
Believe in each other.
Get out there and make it happen.
GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!
And that’s just the supporters! 🤣