Toast Welcome to Fremantle Matthew Johnson (pick 21 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s ahead of Erasmus overall I reckon.
If he can tidy up his kicking he’s going to be a very good long term player for us.
Agree

Ras worry’s me a bit
Looks a bit lost out there

Is a definite wrecking ball inside but also plays well outside .
Something to work with for sure will be interesting to see how he pans out .

He’s ahead of Erasmus overall I reckon.
If he can tidy up his kicking he’s going to be a very good long term player for us.
On current form I have him very far ahead of Erasmus.

You have to remember that Ras is very young. We'll need to be patient with him.
Regardless, Johno is pretty much superior to Ras in almost every aspect and is firming to be a Mundy 2.0. I feel like he will be at his best potentially when he is on the receiving end of a clearance and not the one winning the clearance.

Typical AFL360 treatment of the Dockers with that non interview brushoff
Both admitted they knew nothing about him
I felt sorry for Matthew having to be subjected to that non interview.

No audio and then very condescending comments from a pair of Vic Biased commentators.

It is typical of their attitude to non Victorian players.

They even have the temerity to say they haven't seen much of him.

How about doing some homework and try and look like you know what you are talking about you buffoons!

And get the sound working before you do a live cross to a young kid who deserves a bit of the focus for the year he had!

No audio and then very condescending comments from a pair of Vic Biased commentators.

How about doing some homework and try and look like you know what you are talking about you buffoons!

And get the sound working before you do a live cross to a young kid who deserves a bit of the focus for the year he had!
Good thing I don't watch that shitshow anymore.

How do you have a job like that and not make a genuine attempt to watch all if not most games?

Last edited:

Didn’t see it but sounds like Johnno should just have hung up on the call and told them to get stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless, Johno is pretty much superior to Ras in almost every aspect and is firming to be a Mundy 2.0. I feel like he will be at his best potentially when he is on the receiving end of a clearance and not the one winning the clearance.
Yeah, I reckon Ras may end up as a high pressure, hard tackling unit who extracts and gives out to someone who can use better. Which would be perfect really, especially if he's handing it off to Johnno.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since seasons end for us,I have watched a lot of snippets from games we played. Johno has come along in leaps and bounds. His ability to read the play, be where the ball is going has become second nature to him.
His hands are good and his awarerness of what is around him reeks of confidence and, I know I belong. He is not phased by any thing.
Another big summer under his belt, building his already big body, will make him a feared opponent I think.Something about Mundy about him. I know that is a big statement, but he has what Mundy had, other than experience and maybe some added pace.
He is in my opinion a long way ahead of Erasmus, who, to me , is still trying to find his way into the team. He will fit in with more experience.His kicking needs to find more depth. He has good hands and is not afraid to get in and get hurt.His time is just around the corner.
But Johnson is another kettle of fish. He will be talked about among the better young players from any other club.

Last edited:
Yeah, I reckon Ras may end up as a high pressure, hard tackling unit who extracts and gives out to someone who can use better. Which would be perfect really, especially if he's handing it off to Johnno.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is it weird that I see Ras as De Boer 2.0

Is it weird that I see Ras as De Boer 2.0

I see that too - for me it’s the posture and body movements that resemble De Boer, plus his first instinct to pass by handball.

If he ends up a similar type player/career then I guess that’s a pass mark

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Matt Johnson is gonna be a nice watch this year. He has a big chance of a semi break out season and showing more prominence on the field.
They need to play him for full games in 2024, in 2023 he was subbed in 4 times and Subbed out 3 times. He’s my lock for the congested (skinny) wing and can rotate into the centre when required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Fremantle Matthew Johnson (pick 21 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back