Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see Newman coming over after he failed to get the gig, would be a bit awkward for him.

Ratten doesn't want to coach anymore I've heard.
From that presser I think we can just about guarantee that Ratten will be joining us.

I think Steve Morris should be moved on has done nothing with the vfl team and making the wild card round is not making finals
Yeah except injuries in the seniors and reserves didn't leave him a lot to work with at times, I'm happy if he stays.

I’d like to see lambert stay on, maybe back as his original role in development.

I think Teague should move on along with Rutten and perhaps longergan. It depends if they want a clean out and contract status too. Also, how many changes do we want with Clarke and mini most likely leaving too. I’d be happy to start completely fresh.

I’d like to bring in Lapin or Skipworth. I think chaplain would be a chance but think he’ll join his mate Griggs at the GC

Any chance of luring a Shannon Hurn or Phil Davis into development roles?

I’d like to see lambert stay on, maybe back as his original role in development.

I think Teague should move on along with Rutten and perhaps longergan. It depends if they want a clean out and contract status too. Also, how many changes do we want with Clarke and mini most likely leaving too. I’d be happy to start completely fresh.

I’d like to bring in Lapin or Skipworth. I think chaplain would be a chance but think he’ll join his mate Griggs at the GC
I wanna keep Rutten. He's a real asset to have with a young group of key defenders.

Except his team was decimated in the wildcard game as that week we played the kids in the AFL, and he had a chunk of his best players missing.

Other than that he did pretty reasonably well all things considered.
That was the theme all year, i would be interested in the numbers of actual afl players he had playing throughout the season

Clarke and McQualter both may well leave so Teague back to forward coach, would love Stafford to come across with Yze as ruck/midfield coach. Chris Newman or a Troy Chaplin would be nice...
Stafford not rated by the Melbourne fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yze said he wants to keep as many of the current coaches as possible as they already have established relationships with the players. Although it would appear that McQualter and Clarke are going, so we'll need at least 2 new assistants

Timing is difficult to overhaul assistant coaches so in short term we are forced to be somewhat reactive. We'll be better placed in a year to assess that. Obviously we have Mini to replace and maybe Clarke. I'm not too enthused about Ratts but have faith in Yze and he obviously rates him in terms of a support role. I like the suggestion of adding Tarrant as a development coach given the soft cap space or Barlow. Looking at recent retirements Phil Davis, Isaac Smith and Ziebell also worth considering. I gather Davis and Smith would see themselves as immediate line coaches as opposed to starting at bottom and working their way up

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good on Mini for moving on, certain this will be the best thing for him. Most of us here agreed we needed a fresh voice and now he can go and be a fresh voice at another club. I'm sure he's disappointed but having the caretaker role for a bit is another thing on his resumé as well as going through the process with us is all part of his development.

He definitely shouldn't follow Dimma though, that wouldn't be stagnating but would probably be a step back for him.

Anyone have any idea about what sort of game style Yze would want to play? Going to be a very interesting off season.
I'm thinking Dees defensive structure combined with Richmond-style pressure in the front half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back