Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Jake Batchelor VFL Coach Morris AFL Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

We've looked inside the club cos we have a ****ing gem in Steve Morris that well and truly deserves a promotion.

We also got rid of dead weight Teague and replaced him with one of the highest regarded assistant coaches in the country in Caracella.

We could've put Lonergan in charge of the VFL side ahead of the external Batchelor...
Teague signing was Dimma’s precursor move to signing Taranto and hopper… signing driven by the little head more than the big head

We have Caracella one of the best assistants going around and knows what it takes to gdt our club to the promised land, then we promote Morris after an awesome vfl season where had had more than half his own list decimated as well and was reliant on part time local footy players who seemed to have got the job done under him.

I'm surprised by some of the reactions here but each their own.

Id say we've bolstered our ranks for the better. Teague gone, Lambo gone whos heart wasnt in it either.

We have Caracella one of the best assistants going around and knows what it takes to gdt our club to the promised land, then we promote Morris after an awesome vfl season where had had more than half his own list decimated as well and was reliant on part time local footy players who seemed to have got the job done under him.

I'm surprised by some of the reactions here but each their own.

Id say we've bolstered our ranks for the better. Teague gone, Lambo gone whos heart wasnt in it either.
Bachelor has been a long time coach, that doesn't happen by accident. Unless you are in on the coaching situation, nobody is any wiser than anyone else, so let's see how he goes. Who would have picked Morris to have success, but he has done very well with what he had in difficult circumstances.

Call it what it is. We cheaped out again.

We did with our Sports Fitness decision when Burge left and we’ve done it again.

How people are celebrating this is beyond me.
Our good VFL coach got promoted. I rate Morris and would've been crap to lose him to another club. A wage rise I guess

Yze year 2, a few good assistant coach changes. Caracella's a great addition.

Batchelor was a good player & asst coached elsewhere. Who do you want to coach the VFL? Adam Simpson?

Meehan was the huge mistake, lets see his replacement.

Our good VFL coach got promoted. I rate Morris and would've been crap to lose him to another club. A wage rise I guess

Yze year 2, a few good assistant coach changes. Caracella's a great addition.

Batchelor was a good player & asst coached elsewhere. Who do you want to coach the VFL? Adam Simpson?

Meehan was the huge mistake, lets see his replacement.
Agreed, We needed to promote Morris for the next stage of his development. Other clubs were circling.
I think he’s got the potential to be an AFL senior coach, albeit big role ahead of him, at AFL level in a side that’s likely to be belted most weeks next year.
Re Batch, who knows, time will tell. Has been mentored by Aaron Hamil and probably had a bit to do with Ross Lyon in his role at the Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not everyone has the ability to coach however if he turns up at another club as an assistant coach, then we know that something is going on.

Again, perhaps I'm reading into it far too much and it is literally needing a change of scenery.
Agree although I'd assume lambo has a much more lucrative opportunity, these coaches get a pretty average salary

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Jake Batchelor VFL Coach Morris AFL Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back