Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

By all that's holy, that was an INCREDIBLE 2nd half of football from our #10.

He seemed to be everywhere he was needed, getting contested balls, spoils, tackles, a goal, a score involvement... everything we needed.

Willed himself to be THE MAN and helped drag his team over the line. What an effing LEGEND.

Once again, thank you, Pendles.

Before yesterday he would have gone down as the GOAT Pies player, now he's achieved a status that would make him almost impossible to catch.

The only possibility is Nick Daicos but he needs to add a lot more size in order to improve his tackling to do what Pendles has done for over a decade now and somehow avoid injuries to enable him to play until he's 35..........

I don't see that happening, we are witnessing something beyond legendary.

A grave footy injustice has been rectified.

Pendles should never have been just a one time premiership player.

Now, dare l dream for him to be a 3 time premiership player next year????
Pendles, Sidey, Howe and Mihocek a year older so we need to see some improvement.

McStay is one. Be nice if Cameron could go to the next level. Macrae possibly another. Draper needs to become the player he is capable of. Two of Johnson/Krueger/Dean/Carmichael required to be more than depth players.

Harrison, Allan, Ryan and Steene probably impact more in 2025.

I was just saying in the Didaka thread - it was 29 degrees, it was the last quarter of the longest season ever and he’s pushing 36 years old - and he was the best player on ground in that quarter.

He will go down in history as our greatest player ever.
Hopefully he will find a sinecure in the mercantile world upon retiring. Embarrassing seeing fine players grovelling for $$$ as boundary riders etc.

Hopefully he will find a sinecure in the mercantile world upon retiring. Embarrassing seeing fine players grovelling for $$$ as boundary riders etc.

Unfortunately he’ll probably be coaching some other team to a premiership.

Just gotta hope he goes to one of the less objectionable clubs. Or that he is content to be a long term assistant until Fly gets tired of winning flags with us.

I'm so pleased for Scott on so many levels. His immense personal contribution dragging us over the line. How much he has given our club over the 18 years, in particular the last decade. Then I also feel like this is so important for his future standing as a legend of the game.

I loved how much yesterday clearly meant to him.

Agree that SP10 is our goat, definitely in the modern era at the very least. Have to remember that he hard carried the team in the mid 2010s when we were playing dire and mediocre footy. And he absolutely stood up and took a lot of the squad with him yesterday when he was needed in the 2nd half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately he’ll probably be coaching some other team to a premiership.

Just gotta hope he goes to one of the less objectionable clubs. Or that he is content to be a long term assistant until Fly gets tired of winning flags with us.
Wonder if he likes Tasmania?

A grave footy injustice has been rectified.

Pendles should never have been just a one time premiership player.

Now, dare l dream for him to be a 3 time premiership player next year????
I'm certain there is more Premiership medals in store for Pendles. What seems incredulous is that he does not have a Brownlow around his neck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back