Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not hard. Beating Collingwood is about uncontested possessions. That's the blueprint now and players like Pendles and Long are a liability as they both slow and just can't cover the ground quick enough ti apply pressure on the opposition.

So what was happening earlier in the season is irrelevant.

Don’t get sucked into the fallacy of the best way of avoiding criticism and scrutiny is by doing nothing.

IMO the reason why Pendlebury looked slow in the second half was because he was running around like a blue assed blowfly trying to show some leadership by chasing. Yeah, he was slow, but he was doing a far better job than the players who weren’t even bothering to chase or cover ground. If you’re watching on the TV you never see those players because the ball and the camera whizzes past them too fast to see who they are.

People underestimate the contribution Pendles makes even when he doesn’t have the ball in hand.

Perfect player to have on the list to teach and set an example for the next wave.

He can play on as long as he likes.

The fact that commentators and fans alike still mistakenly refer to Pendles as the captain speaks volumes. Still the main leader out there and I have complete faith in him to call it when he feels it's the right time.

He's still good for 5-10 outstanding games a season whilst contributing solidly as a role player in the rest. More than can be said trying to replace him with a Sullivan or other crappy SSP mid we find who will at best just provide 10-15 games as a role player and the rest as mediocre performances.

People underestimate the contribution Pendles makes even when he doesn’t have the ball in hand.

Perfect player to have on the list to teach and set an example for the next wave.

He can play on as long as he likes.
Agree. He is also playing under duress, he isn't fit to perform as McRae said in his post-game, neither is DeGoey, maybe Jaicos, neither is Elliott, McStay, Cameron is looking banged up without the Yank, probably a few others we don't now about. Everyone and anyone can look cooked when playing with injuries surrounded by less than capable teammates. And when you play at 80% you open yourself up to further injuries as you cannot protect yourself effectively.

Outside of all that I want us to get Pendles to 450. Nobody will ever break that record, it will be ours for eternity, this is very important. Coventry had his goal kicking record taken away by Plugger, enough is enough!!

The fact that commentators and fans alike still mistakenly refer to Pendles as the captain speaks volumes. Still the main leader out there and I have complete faith in him to call it when he feels it's the right time.

He's still good for 5-10 outstanding games a season whilst contributing solidly as a role player in the rest. More than can be said trying to replace him with a Sullivan or other crappy SSP mid we find who will at best just provide 10-15 games as a role player and the rest as mediocre performances.

You make a good point re the top-up mids. I. Don’t think the plan was to have Sullivan, Bytel, Long play much AFL. We more got them cos they were backup at cheap wages. But injuries to Mitchell, loss of Adams and lack of Finn progression have left us gutted at the coal face. I hate seeing Nick getting bashed up in the contests. He’s the artiste not a bloody bulldozer. And DeGoey can be the bull but he’s hampered too.

i'd rather have him in the team than any of the top up midfielders we have got in recently. Great idea to replace him with someone better, but I doubt that we can find someone. We could easily kick six guys off the list without having to think of pendles.

It's not hard. Beating Collingwood is about uncontested possessions. That's the blueprint now and players like Pendles and Long are a liability as they both slow and just can't cover the ground quick enough ti apply pressure on the opposition.

So what was happening earlier in the season is irrelevant.

i can see from your avatar that you're a hawthorn supporter....welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back