Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, particularly the half and forward flanks and the wings, to both apply defensive pressure and to move the ball a lot quicker when we rebound. It is why anyone on the shorter side that doesn't have speed or elite kicking should be on the chopping block.

I do think good kicking skills is more important than speed though, if you can hit targets you can still move the ball even through congestion.
yup, Usain Bolt can't keep up with a well kicked ball! ultimately though guys playing on the inside are generally going to be rushing kicks and under pressure.....balance is important, first disposal a handball to a guy in space under less pressure.....those are the guys that need to be quick, or pinpoint kicks, or better still be both. TT is our best example of that. I think that's really important rather than the hack kicks under pressure out of the middle that we've seen from Jy at times, JZ before him, and even going back to Simmo. Entry inside forward 50 has been our biggest issue in recent years I think, and that has been in large part due to slow ball movement. We got a good glimpse of what it could look like against the Suns.

Last edited:
yup, Usain Bolt can't keep up with a well kicked ball! ultimately though guys playing on the inside are generally going to be rushing kicks and under pressure.....balance is important, first disposal a handball to a guy in space under less pressure.....those are the guys that need to be quick, or pinpoint kicks, or better still be both. TT is our best example of that. I think that's really important rather than the hack kicks under pressure out of the middle that we've seen from Jy at times, JZ before him, and even going back to Simmo. Entry inside forward 50 has been our biggest issue in recent years I think, and that has been in large part due to slow ball movement. We got a good glimpse of what it could look like against the Suns.
The hack kick from a contest is standard across the comp. Lots of players do it, including LDU, but not all the time like JZ used to. That was part of the game Scott's plan I reckon.

It basically happens under pressure when the opposition mids are on top and the side doing the hack kick can't get spread or separation upfield. Which is why speed is important. Not so much because you're moving the ball quickly with run and carry but because you need to get into position to receive the ball under the least amount of pressure possible, both spreading from the contest and upfield where the ball is going.

I stopped at “like”
I mean without him, we never would have experienced this.

1693816038147-png.1793893

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I foresee that next year we may have upto 4-5 players in the top 50.

Sheeze will make the top 50 next year. Commentators cannot keep ignoring his influence.

Larkey - enough said.

LDU - if he plays a whole season not only will he become a top 5 mid in the comp he will go close to winning the brownlow

TT- plays a full season with his head in the right space and watch him turn the competition on its head. Clearly one of the most gifted players I have seen.

Wardlaw - gets his body right and skies the limit.

Exciting times ahead for us. Onwards and upwards. Can’t wait till next year.

Love that every other player gets a wrap for how good they are and then Souv's little section is all about what Oscar Allen did and didn't do - as if Robbo had to justify why the bloke that came 3rd in the Coleman and was named All-Australian (all while playing in a team that won 3 games) warranted being in the top 50 players in the comp.
Screenshot_2023-10-08-09-41-56-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Sounds like he'd rather have picked Oscar but evidence simply couldn't justify it.

In any case lists like this are just filler. Tomorrow's recycling.

I foresee that next year we may have upto 4-5 players in the top 50.

Sheeze will make the top 50 next year. Commentators cannot keep ignoring his influence.

Larkey - enough said.

LDU - if he plays a whole season not only will he become a top 5 mid in the comp he will go close to winning the brownlow

TT- plays a full season with his head in the right space and watch him turn the competition on its head. Clearly one of the most gifted players I have seen.

Wardlaw - gets his body right and skies the limit.

Exciting times ahead for us. Onwards and upwards. Can’t wait till next year.

We going Top 3?

😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back