Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing out on seeing The King in action & the NMFC dynasty he bought with it would really suck, considering there hasn’t been much to cheer about since…
I guess those that didn’t can console themselves with pain free joints & a full head of hair
I am happy to put up with the aching joints and lack of hair ha ha what a great time it was to be a North supporter.

If Luke ever happened to kick on his right he'd probably discover that was his preferred foot all along.
I regularly come back to this post and not gonna lie, it still makes me laugh my arse off.

As I said months ago,

I don't think anyone on the list has the total package he does between speed/skill/endurance.

Wardlaw, LDU and Sheezel have 2 of them, but not all 3 like McKercher does.

I say to myself he is our repayment for the Josh Kelly saga, except Colby is about 2-3 yards quicker than Josh...

Cutting sides to pieces will be an understatement to what he eventually does with LDU and Wardlaw doing the grunt work.

As I said months ago,

I don't think anyone on the list has the total package he does between speed/skill/endurance.

Wardlaw, LDU and Sheezel have 2 of them, but not all 3 like McKercher does.

I say to myself he is our repayment for the Josh Kelly saga, except Colby is about 2-3 yards quicker than Josh...

Cutting sides to pieces will be an understatement to what he eventually does with LDU and Wardlaw doing the grunt work.
It’s a shame Cunnington went down, as he’d be having a field day dishing it out to all of the above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKercher replacing Hall/JZ does sound like a huge upgrade.

Hall at times was an amazing kick, but it was at times. JZ had a nice calm long kick but I felt his shortcomings were on display when hitting short targets.

McKercher can hit targets consistently and has the agility to break the lines as well. Whether the target is long, short, sideways, give and go, he will create an opportunity.
Yeah his run, overlap and creativity will be 100x that of JZ. But JZ was strong overhead and always put himself in harms way. Really different players.

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

My response when I see McKercher take off from half back and be involved multiple times in a possession chain

This guy is going to make a mess of the opposition on the fast deck at marvel

Clive Lloyd, after being demolished in the 1975-76 test series by 2 opposition pace bowlers, wondered if his team should have 4.

Colby, Sheezel, Fisher showed today, it makes a difference having more than one guy that can drive it out from the back half and keep running.

Wonder where Scott is going to play?

Clive Lloyd, after being demolished in the 1975-76 test series by 2 opposition pace bowlers, wondered if his team should have 4.

Colby, Sheezel, Fisher showed today, it makes a difference having more than one guy that can drive it out from the back half and keep running.

Wonder where Scott is going to play?
Probably the position that got him third in the BnF and elevation to the leadership group. Don't quote me on it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back