Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

The marks inside 50 were basically even (14-13), which tells you a bit about the pressure up field and the quality of their entries.
Agreed. Inside 50 counts don't always tell the full story. Just banging it onto the boot out of the centre is not really the same as moving the ball well and hitting up a target. That's what we did better than they did.

I was able to watch 2nd quarter onwards but I couldn't get to a venue where I was able to enjoy a few celebratory drinks until now, and do winning drinks feel good especially when your off the bottom.

We were huge!! Full four quarter effort by the sounds too

Attachments

• 20240708_184759.jpg
    20240708_184759.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

I was able to watch 2nd quarter onwards but I couldn't get to a venue where I was able to enjoy a few celebratory drinks until now, and do winning drinks feel good especially when your off the bottom.

We were huge!! Full four quarter effort by the sounds too
What pub's that?

We'd get mocked externally for celebrating nearly 18k showing up to watch us play but in 2022 R23 we had just over 14k show up when we played the Suns.

About a 25% increase from what we drew a few years ago is a great sign.
There was such a great vibe - small number of opposition supporters and the North people were up and about from the start. Being there to see a win was amazing but everyone seemed to be up for a good time either way.

I know I mentioned it before but when GC got closer and closer it was amazing to witness the crowd still cheer the players on for the next centre bounce and contest. It would've been so easy to lose our voice but we all got behind them and we wanted to be heard.

Thats the Shinboner Spirit right there.

I hope our Joey's continue to try things like this, it may not come off like the torp, but I don't think that is important at the moment, just test your limits and see how far you can push your talents.

If they fine the gold coast then they are actually finning themselves
True. Pretty sure these would be soft cap penalties though as well - and even golden gooses should have to pay sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to love dropping in for a few there. Great pub.

Do you remember The Bellowing Bull?
Message me if you'd ever like to catch up for a beer sometime mate. I'm sure we could make something happen.

I do, wollongbar wasn't it?

I just watched the replay.

We were lucky, the fluffed a few chances. But so did we. In fact we have alot of room for improvement. Should have iced that game multiple times.

One thing that can't be denied tho was the commitment of guys like Scott, Archer and Powell in the last. The others too, like Jy, Sheeze, LDU and X, but those other three in particular just threw themselves into contests with a pure will to win. It was great to see. If they bring that commitment from now on then we could play finals next year.

I hope they understand that.

What makes this win all the more valuable is the fact it was achieved against a highly motivated opposition that had everything to play for. It was not a dead rubber or a match against fellow strugglers. And even though the Suns lack of away wins has been well-documented, they did play well and had a pretty big last quarter. They haven't choked. We simply willed ourselves to win against their onslaught.
That didn't stop me from giving them a mouthful as they walked off the field lol.

Message me if you'd ever like to catch up for a beer sometime mate. I'm sure we could make something happen.

I do, wollongbar wasn't it?
I'm in Tassie these days but will be up there at least once in the next six months. I'll definitely let you know and we could catch up.

One of the old footy pubs maybe, if they have re opened after the flood.

What makes this win all the more valuable is the fact it was achieved against a highly motivated opposition that had everything to play for. It was not a dead rubber or a match against fellow strugglers. And even though the Suns lack of away wins has been well-documented, they did play well and had a pretty big last quarter. They haven't choked. We simply willed ourselves to win against their onslaught.
That's what it came down to i reckon. Ever player was 100% committed in the last quarter.

I'm in Tassie these days but will be up there at least once in the next six months. I'll definitely let you know and we could catch up.

One of the old footy pubs maybe, if they have re opened after the flood.
Hotel metropole is pretty good in Lismore these days.

There was such a great vibe - small number of opposition supporters and the North people were up and about from the start. Being there to see a win was amazing but everyone seemed to be up for a good time either way.

Such a stark contrast to the despair & despondency on the faces of the North faithful as I walked around Marvel at the Hawthorn game.

Heartbreak to ecstasy. Ah the life of a footy fan.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back