Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

My main question marks for this team atm:
  • Will they rush Cox back for the first game?
  • Will they play only six dedicated defenders (and rotate Young down there)?
  • Will Wagner or Walker play?
  • Will Sharp make the team? If not who will play fatside wing?
  • Will Cooper Simpson make the opening round team? Will he be the sub?
  • Will Erasmus make the team?
  • Will they bring Emmett into the team as a pressure forward despite injury?
Interesting thoughts, here is my take

1. I hope not, McDonald is fine.
2. I hope we play enough that Young is locked into the middle. Maybe 80/20 if we don't want to bench him.
3. I am hoping for Walker personally.
4. Clark an Brayshaw should be our wingmen. Fight me JL.
5. Seems best 22 to me already. I hope so.
6. No. Maybe as sub, though he is not my preferred sub.
7. If he's fit he's best 22.

fremantle.jpg

First game: Round 1 v Brisbane at Optus Stadium, March 17, 3.50pm AWST
B: Luke Ryan, Alex Pearce, Corey Wagner
HB: James Aish, Oscar McDonald, Jordan Clark
C: Jeremy Sharp, Hayden Young, Matthew Johnson
HF: Michael Frederick, Josh Treacy, Sam Switkowski
F: Luke Jackson, Jye Amiss, Michael Walters
Foll: Sean Darcy, Caleb Serong, Andrew Brayshaw
I/C: Nat Fyfe, Jaeger O'Meara, Ethan Hughes, Cooper Simpson, Tom Emmett
EMERG: Karl Worner, Bailey Banfield, Neil Erasmus
NEW: Oscar McDonald, Jeremy Sharp, Cooper Simpson
UNAVAILABLE: Brennan Cox (leg), Brandon Walker (knee), Nathan O'Driscoll (knee), Heath Chapman (hamstring)
NOTES:
The Dockers need an injection of speed and risk in their backline, and Wagner could be that player in the absence of Walker. On the assumption Cox is not passed fit, McDonald is a form replacement, while Hughes is required as another lockdown option against a dangerous Brisbane forward line. Simpson's class through the pre-season makes him a worthy debutant, with his skill in the front half shaping as valuable asset for the team. There is a call to make between Voss and Treacy, but Treacy's body of work over the pre-season should see him get the nod. – Nathan Schmook
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1076000...ury-latest-fantasy-locks-track-watch-and-more

fremantle.jpg

UNAVAILABLE: Brennan Cox (leg), Brandon Walker (knee), Nathan O'Driscoll (knee), Heath Chapman (hamstring)
NOTES:
The Dockers need an injection of speed and risk in their backline, and Wagner could be that player in the absence of Walker. On the assumption Cox is not passed fit, McDonald is a form replacement, while Hughes is required as another lockdown option against a dangerous Brisbane forward line. Simpson's class through the pre-season makes him a worthy debutant, with his skill in the front half shaping as valuable asset for the team. There is a call to make between Voss and Treacy, but Treacy's body of work over the pre-season should see him get the nod. – Nathan Schmook
Fremantle season preview: Does Fyfe's return complete Dockers' midfield puzzle?
Agree with this ⬆️ Would personally go Voss over Treacy, but won’t happen.

fremantle.jpg

NOTES:
Fremantle season preview: Does Fyfe's return complete Dockers' midfield puzzle?

So how many for Charlie? 7+?

Agree with this ⬆️ Would personally go Voss over Treacy, but won’t happen.
Team seems about right. Doubles down on my frustration at why Wagner wasn’t given at least a quarter in the Port scratchy. He along with others will get a run this weekend in WAFL scratchy.

Cox a possibility instead of McDonald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far more exciting to have him in the 22. I know we have done it before and will likely do it again, but I don't like making a player the sub in their debut.
Don't like it much either.

Apart from that he somehow looks like a very good sub. Not yet the tank for a full game but might get a handful of damaging touches and/or even a goal when brought on in the last.

Don’t think we can afford an interrupted preseason for Cox or Walker and give them a rd1 spot. We have to face Brissie with 2 crappy practice matches under our belt while they’re gonna be fit and fast with a solid month of tough best 22 footy banked. Let’s face it, we’re gonna get our ar$es handed to us.

Don’t think we can afford an interrupted preseason for Cox or Walker and give them a rd1 spot. We have to face Brissie with 2 crappy practice matches under our belt while they’re gonna be fit and fast with a solid month of tough best 22 footy banked. Let’s face it, we’re gonna get our ar$es handed to us.
Gee wiz how bout some positivity? The boys faced Port with 8 best 22 players out and kept their powder dry. I'm confident they will be competitive against Brissie, especially on a home deck.

Gee wiz how bout some positivity? The boys faced Port with 8 best 22 players out and kept their powder dry. I'm confident they will be competitive against Brissie, especially on a home deck.
OK I’m positive we will get beat. We’ve been set up to fail a bit here..I’d rather our powder had a full competition run under their belt before Bris hit town than 2 weeks off.

We’ve 4 of the first 6 at OPTUS, what’s a positive return do you think? 2 wins would be good..break even might be a bridge too far. Hopefully we are humming by Rd 3 and give Ade and Blues a headache. North in rd2 is going to be significant. Vibes are very similar to last year’s preseason except Fyfe is back.

OK I’m positive we will get beat. We’ve been set up to fail a bit here..I’d rather our powder had a full competition run under their belt before Bris hit town than 2 weeks off.

We’ve 4 of the first 6 at OPTUS, what’s a positive return do you think? 2 wins would be good..break even might be a bridge too far. Hopefully we are humming by Rd 3 and give Ade and Blues a headache. North in rd2 is going to be significant. Vibes are very similar to last year’s preseason except Fyfe is back.
Your not one of those guys that subscribes to the media's fingernail deep analysis of Freo are you? Pundits who say things like: "Well they've lost Shultz and Henry and added no one so must be worse".
What most brush over, is the midfield group is very different to last year (in personal and experience.) At this time last year, Fyfe was lining up on a half forward flank, Young on a half back flank, and Jackson had not played a single game for Freo.
In 2024, Young has experience in the midfield, Fyfe looks the fittest he has in years, and Jackson has played for a year - and significantly improved.
A midfield of Darcy, Jackson, Young, Fyfe, Serong, Brayshaw and Johnson will keep this team competitive this year, and probably take a few scalps.

Your not one of those guys that subscribes to the media's fingernail deep analysis of Freo are you? Pundits who say things like: "Well they've lost Shultz and Henry and added no one so must be worse".
What most brush over, is the midfield group is very different to last year (in personal and experience.) At this time last year, Fyfe was lining up on a half forward flank, Young on a half back flank, and Jackson had not played a single game for Freo.
In 2024, Young has experience in the midfield, Fyfe looks the fittest he has in years, and Jackson has played for a year - and significantly improved.
A midfield of Darcy, Jackson, Young, Fyfe, Serong, Brayshaw and Johnson will keep this team competitive this year, and probably take a few scalps.
I think we’ll give the contested stoppage teams like Brisbane, Melbourne and Geelong a good run for their money, I’m very concerned about the elite turnover teams like port and pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back