Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

So with no Darcy for round one who comes in? Last year I thought it was a mistake not to use Reidy when Darcy was injured but after seeing him play...I think we should just go with another forward. I guess Tabs gets one last shot..

Reidy or Knobel in. Can’t play Jackson ruck with Treacy. Unless Tabs plays with Treacy, Amiss and Jackson.
They aren't even close to being AFL standard. I don't like playing Jackson too much in the ruck due to risk of injury, but not sure what choice we have.

Should also be noted our best form from last year was with Darcy injured and we only played Jackson, Treacy and Amiss. Sturt was also in the side as a tallish forward target. But his form is horrible at the moment.

I'm sensing a left field inclusion. Out Darcy, in Banfield.

I tell you what, I'm not following my own rule about not overreacting to preseason. I'm at being happy we kept our first rounder, which is pretty dire.

Star Wars Hate GIF

A bit depends on if Cox is fit. McDonald played as a ruck-forward at Carlton more than he played as a backman. If Cox is fit, OMac is another option to weigh up against Reidy/Knobel/Treacy for that support ruck role. He might well be the best of them. But if Cox is out we need him back

If Cox is fit you keep McDonald in the team and you send Cox down forward, neither Taberner or Voss should be playing a game this season.
Cox can't ruck though, so if you do put Cox full-time forward it's either Treacy second ruck, or our second ruck MacDonald is also our backman - not impossible, but not typicality done.

Cox can't ruck though, so if you do put Cox full-time forward it's either Treacy second ruck, or our second ruck MacDonald is also our backman - not impossible, but not typicality done.
I actually like Treacy as second ruck, gets him involved more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cox is fit you keep McDonald in the team and you send Cox down forward, neither Taberner or Voss should be playing a game this season.
Cox forward is out of the box. Definitely sort of wacky idea that's crazy enough it just might work. You'd have to be on the death or glory train to pull that lever first up on his comeback from injury.

Cox forward is out of the box. Definitely sort of wacky idea that's crazy enough it just might work. You'd have to be on the death or glory train to pull that lever first up on his comeback from injury.
Hmmmm, relying on a defender to kick goals in order to save your hide? Smacks of the kind of thing a coach on the verge of getting punted would do.

Enter Scott “too hotty” Thornton kicking on goals to save Cuddles Connolly circa July 2007.

It has to be Tabs, Voss or Reidy. Sturt or Banfield is just taking the **** as neither play that tall.

Voss looked the best of the 3 in the scratchy, Tabs the only one with runs on the board and Reidy the only one who actually plays the right role.

I don't think Reidy is in the mix (rightly or wrongly) and it will likely be Tabs. Fingers crossed he doesn't cut across all Amiss' leads.

Hmmmm, relying on a defender to kick goals in order to save your hide? Smacks of the kind of thing a coach on the verge of getting punted would do.

Enter Scott “too hotty” Thornton kicking on goals to save Cuddles Connolly circa July 2007.
Is it really that much of an outside call? Cox has forward experience and has been solid when up there.

Is it really that much of an outside call? Cox has forward experience and has been solid when up there.
Just seems a bit radical when you have Voss showing a bit and Amiss & Jackson coming back in (interchanging Jackson and Treacy Ruck/Fwd).

Edit: What Joao said.

Maybe you should rewatch our final game from last year vs Hawthorn.

I think we’ll give the contested stoppage teams like Brisbane, Melbourne and Geelong a good run for their money, I’m very concerned about the elite turnover teams like port and pies.

Mmmmm......Port and Pies......

Sorry for hijacking your semi unrelated post but this is just a general reply.

I know Treacy had a doozy but more than happy he gets more minutes as numero uno. The more exposure the better, right, right?? I know Voss has shown a bit but gah dammit, ged in line. :)
Treacy's finally getting a solid gig as a main target and I'd like to see if can put out what I think I see in him. At least 50% of it.

I definitely agree with the sentiment that while Port still out did our midfield, we're definitely bigger overall with the additions and should improve that infamous contest game.

I'm hopeful we can compete.

Yeah it's actually ludicrous when he's our best KPD and we actually have some bodies to fill in up forward.

If there was literally nobody else I'd be all for it.
The literally nobody else:

Afl Freo GIF by Fremantle Dockers

Soz Tabs, I appreciate your service I just have severe reservations on what you’ll do to that forwardline with your leading and having lost whatever pace you had

This midfield is too small and nice. Desperately need a Crowley. Maybe Johnson and or Erasmus can bring it a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back