List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games has Weed played at *.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Errr weed would most definitely be playing in our team atm, much better than pink and sellers.

Hes kicked like 70 goals so far in his career.

We did the right thing. One player isn't getting us out of this hole. Whether we have picked the right players is the question.
Sure would look a lot better if we had Reid and McKercher in hindsight.

And likewise one player ain't getting west coast out either, despite someone last week saying their rebuild was complete!

This is why I think we won’t try get him. We recruit blokes that don’t have hearts

I don't care if we get some narcistic type provide they can hold down a key fwd position for a few years taking all the attention from everyone whilst the others develop.

Wines doesn't cover the ground all that well, would rather Parker personally.

time will tell, if the club is more professional than b4 then we should be doing it in a hush hush way and get the job done when the time comes and not being tabloid splash material over the season i.e. josh kelly, andrew gaff.

Errr weed would most definitely be playing in our team atm, much better than pink and sellers.

Hes kicked like 70 goals so far in his career.

Zero this year and 16 last year is the answer. Yes he is better than Pink as Pink is a def and stop gap, and Sellars is young so the jury still out on him as yet

McKercher isn't Reid, but he is still one of the 10 most valuable young players in the AFL.

Let's not forget that he picked up 92 touches in games 7, 8, and 9, and that he plays with electric pace and great skills. The club made the right decision by being hesitant to attach too much to any trade that included McKercher. Don't let the Reid hype distract you from the fact that McKercher is also an incredibly special talent. The gap between McKercher and Reid isn't great enough to justify throwing Duursma into the trade.

Duursma's best athletic attribute is his leap, which isn't as conducive to early success as Wardlaw's power, McKercher's pace, or Sheezel's endurance. A lot of us predicted that he'd be the slowest burn of our early picks, which is currently being exacerbated by how difficult it is playing in our forward line. He is still a great talent, and while admittedly I'd have liked to have seen more glimpses, we're a very long way out from where we need to start being concerned.

On Wines, you look at our current struggles and for me, I see a big part of it as a result of how disastrous of a year it's been for Simpkin and Thomas. On paper we had a great trio of midfielders in their prime, but for various reasons we've been forced to rely on younger names in Powell, Wardlaw, and Sheezel. As talented as they are, none of them are mature enough for the responsibility they've been forced to carry, and a veteran like Wines would help support them, and potentially a name like Smillie, until they're ready to take over the competition.

Have we got enough in the kitty to go after some or all of McGluggage, Parker, Lobb, Battle and Wines in that order and offering LDU enough to commit him to stay. These players would help in our forward move towards finals while not maybe being there at the end. They would also help with protecting and developing our younger players.

People are acting like Reid has walked in and made them world beaters , guess they didn’t see their result last week.

If we have nailed the Kerch and Duursma picks - they’ll out do whatever Reid can do. Then throw in the other 3 first rounders and we’ll be miles ahead.

Didn’t matter. I wanted Reid and to lose more than anything.

But we still had a lack of genuine high draft pick talent in areas all over the field, and quite frankly, Zane and Colby fill 2/5 of those area’s. At least we have (for the meantime) Ldu and wardlaw in the midfield. But at least we can build with more high quality pieces.

Small forward, another KPF and skilled big bodied mid next

Val Keating it was you who boldly said you'd sell the farm to draft Reid last year yeh?

Astute call mate.

Yeah I did. I think closer to draft day I wavered a bit thinking that two top tier players is going to be better than one in the long run.

Time will tell I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I did. I think closer to draft day I wavered a bit thinking that two top tier players is going to be better than one in the long run.

Time will tell I guess.
Reid looks alot better now than he did last year. You were spot on about his talent. How that works against our draft hand last year is yet to be seen.

McKercher isn't Reid, but he is still one of the 10 most valuable young players in the AFL.

Let's not forget that he picked up 92 touches in games 7, 8, and 9, and that he plays with electric pace and great skills. The club made the right decision by being hesitant to attach too much to any trade that included McKercher. Don't let the Reid hype distract you from the fact that McKercher is also an incredibly special talent. The gap between McKercher and Reid isn't great enough to justify throwing Duursma into the trade.

Duursma's best athletic attribute is his leap, which isn't as conducive to early success as Wardlaw's power, McKercher's pace, or Sheezel's endurance. A lot of us predicted that he'd be the slowest burn of our early picks, which is currently being exacerbated by how difficult it is playing in our forward line. He is still a great talent, and while admittedly I'd have liked to have seen more glimpses, we're a very long way out from where we need to start being concerned.
These are excellent points, the way the media carry on it's like we missed out on the best player ever to play AFL and picked an Underwater Hockey Player with Pick 2. We've done extremely well with McKercher and that's before we even bring Duursma into the mix.

Last edited:
I thought we did but 2MP didn't reciprocate the interest.

Could be mistaken.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
No you are not mistaken. I always have a chuckle when i read why did we not try for him and him and so forth then when you read the fine print you realize we did try for them it may not have made head lines but we did and particular player was not interested in joining us for what ever reason.

On Wines, you look at our current struggles and for me, I see a big part of it as a result of how disastrous of a year it's been for Simpkin and Thomas. On paper we had a great trio of midfielders in their prime, but for various reasons we've been forced to rely on younger names in Powell, Wardlaw, and Sheezel. As talented as they are, none of them are mature enough for the responsibility they've been forced to carry, and a veteran like Wines would help support them, and potentially a name like Smillie, until they're ready to take over the competition.
Yep way to many posters are underestimating just how good Colby is and will be and that's not even putting Zane into the equation.

These are excellent points, the way the media carry on it's like we missed out on the best player ever to play AFL and picked an Underwater Hockey Player with Pick 2. We've done extremely well with McKercher and that's before we even bring Duursam into the mix.

Speaking of McKercher, we need to throw a massive deal at him as soon as the opportunity presents. I reckon he's already mates with Sheez. You only have to look at the way Sheez responded the other day when asked about him.

He's the real deal, and I'm more than happy we have him. I've seen enough. Lock him away ASAP.

1716855776409.png

Would we look at splitting pick 1 to have currency and entice some ready made players and flexibility to grab draftees like Kako, Ofarrell, Whitlock?

Something like this..

NM out: 1 & 21 to GC
NM in: 8, 11, 20, 31

NM out: 1, 21, 39 to Freo
NM in: 10, 14, 15, 25

Or do we keep pick 1 and add Smillie or O’Sullivan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back