Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 12 v Collingwood

Great win. I'll be brief tonight. It's late.

Carryover teams and Pieman Substitutes

Twelve carryover teams and they included 7 Scotts, 5 Naughtons and a Richards so we needed 13 Pieman subs as follows:
  • cecil got Ugle-Hagan (18) for Naughton
  • charcoalchicken got Garcia (0) for Naughton
  • Charlie Bucket got Garcia (0) for Naughton
  • Foxman got 2x Ugle-Hagan (36) for 2x Scott
  • ScottyDogg got Ugle-Hagan (18) for Richards
  • weltschmerz got Garcia (0) for Scott and Gallagher (0) for Naughton
  • Wocka got 3x Ugle-Hagan (54) for 3x Scott
  • X_box_X got Garcia (0) for Scott and Gallagher (0) for Naughton
Special shout out to TiAn_ who said if 2xMcNeil is sub he wants 2xHarmes. So he got Harmes. The irony being (a) that McNeil came on for Harmes in the first quarter and ended up kicking 2 goals, and (b) if he'd just left it alone and accepted whoever the Pieman sub was he'd have got Jamarra and picked up 36 points.

Most Popular Picks (after applying Pieman Subs)

1717171093340.png

The KELVIN

Two Chumps featured at the top of the Kelvin table tonight. The winner was Vinegar Mess (134) just ahead of chez_ferret (130). Third and fourth places went to two carryover teams - ScottyDogg (127) and Foxman98 (117).

Average score this week was 65.26 and the median was 58.

1717171395463.png

The PIEMAN

After one week knocked off his perch chez_ferret is back on top again. His Chump and second place in the Kelvin
have put him 71 points clear of ossie_21 . TiAn_ hangs onto third while this week's Kelvin winner Vinegar Mess moves into the top 10.

1717171669452.png

Pieman Player of the Week

Jackson Macrae kicked our first two goals to get us back into the match and is justifiably the Pieman Player of the Week. McNeil kicked 2 goals but gets no points because he was the sub and couldn't be picked.

Best possible score was a 3x Macrae and a 2x Treloar which would have got you 276 points.
Best possible Chump was Macrae+Treloar+Darcy+Bont+Vandermeer which would have got you 168 points plus a 67 point bonus for a total of 235.

1717171948490.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Sam Darcy remains at the top, ahead of the Bont.

1717172244452.png

Special shout out to TiAn_ who said if 2xMcNeil is sub he wants 2xHarmes. So he got Harmes. The irony being (a) that McNeil came on for Harmes in the first quarter and ended up kicking 2 goals, and (b) if he'd just left it alone and accepted whoever the Pieman sub was he'd have got Jamarra and picked up 36 points.

Seeing it explained in excruciating detail makes me feel so much better :rainbow:

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 12 v Collingwood

Great win. I'll be brief tonight. It's late.

Two Chumps featured at the top of the Kelvin table tonight. The winner was Vinegar Mess (134) just ahead of chez_ferret (130). Third and fourth places went to two carryover teams - ScottyDogg (127) and Foxman98 (117).

Cheers, dw. I needed a Chump after having a shocker two weeks ago.

I think we established that a Chump achieved with the team’s first five goals is a Golden Chump. Is there any special terminology for where all Chump selections are multiple goalkickers?

Cheers, dw. I needed a Chump after having a shocker two weeks ago.

I think we established that a Chump achieved with the team’s first five goals is a Golden Chump. Is there any special terminology for where all Chump selections are multiple goalkickers?
Best I can come up with is an Overchump. Other suggestions welcome.

PIEMAN ROUND 13 v BRISBANE

No teams yet and no handicaps either.

Just getting in early to say that this is going to be a fascinating game for all of us. Most of our scoring weapons are out injured or suspended and we don't really know who MC have in mind to kick the goals this week. There have even been mutterings that JUH could be injured.

Rumours abound regarding who the replacements will be. Khamis? Arty? Maybe even a debutant like Croft or the Locksmith? Could The Ryppa be a shock inclusion? Who knows, but I love the uncertainty.

I'm tempted to introduce a new player called Themselves but the handicap wouldn't be very attractive. Then again with Brisbane also struggling there's a chance that it will end up a 0-0 draw and we'll have 43 people sharing the Kelvin.

Stay tuned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back