Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch being out for the tigers is a positive for us as they won’t really have any big gorilla up there in attack. Hopefully Coxy is back for the Hawks game. I guess OMac is still a long way off?

Based on the mechanism, fracture in elbow fairly likely, sadly. Forearm fracture possibly a radial head which is no big deal, but the elbow would be... not so good for a return to play this season.

Not only do I hate the footy gods, but the footy gods hate us :'(
I fractured my capitellum several years ago and it was a pretty horrible injury

Don’t know how much trust I have with Rhino re our injuries, but here’s his latest.

Defo goes by the club line when there's doubt around the length of injury and the club is putting out an optimistic projection (some might debate that "doubt" and "optimistic projection" really means "intentional lie"). But Sweeney and Daniels differ significantly in their reports regarding what is injured itself + a huge difference in projected time out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defo goes by the club line when there's doubt around the length of injury and the club is putting out an optimistic projection (some might debate that "doubt" and "optimistic projection" really means "intentional lie"). But Sweeney and Daniels differ significantly in their reports regarding what is injured itself + a huge difference in projected time out.
If Rhino gets this one wrong like he did with the Darcy injury earlier this season then he really starts to look like a club propaganda arm a bit… Xav Ellis will be ripping shreds off him on HBG haha

Don’t know how much trust I have with Rhino re our injuries, but here’s his latest.

That’s an hour & a half after the Sweeneys announcement.
Very interesting & reputations on the line as news breakers & who’s got the best contacts.

This one is a bitter pill to swallow. This is Pearce's best year leading the team, and he's in AA form.

Losing Pearce, McDonald, Cox underdone and Hamling buggering off has made it seem a bridge too far. Davies and Draper look like they're keepers, outside of a KPF or ruck being re-purposed I don't see much glue holding down the back for a while.

Reckon we'd need to recruit a first round KPF during the draft next year?

This one is a bitter pill to swallow. This is Pearce's best year leading the team, and he's in AA form.

Losing Pearce, McDonald, Cox underdone and Hamling buggering off has made it seem a bridge too far. Davies and Draper look like they're keepers, outside of a KPF or ruck being re-purposed I don't see much glue holding down the back for a while.

Reckon we'd need to recruit a first round KPF during the draft next year?
Luke Trainor come on down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back