Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is only so much a system can cover for having your 4 key talls at either end all 21 or under...

We arent going to fall off a cliff I dont think but man I hope Cox is cleared to get back out there soon. Leadership aside, there's thing Pearce does as a KPD you can really only learn from experience at AFL.
If there's one system that can hold up, it's the one that has a record breaking clearance differential.

We hopefully only need to play two games without a first choice key back. Think we'll be ok.

Wonder what the thoughts on Voss are. I agree with your statement, but I could see Voss into the forward line and Treacy in defence, especially if Pearce is only out for the 1 game.

Taking Treacy out of the forward line is ludicrous. Don’t mess with the 21 year old forward learning his craft. He can pinch hit in the ruck, but you can’t send him down back.
I suspect they will bring in Hughes as an experienced head and Ryan will play tall. Not a great option, but it will do until Moose and Cox are cherry-ripe.

With Amiss kicking out of wack, I’d bring in Voss.

I was the biggest peake fan ever, still love watching highlands of him playing. But he was really bad in that GF.
100% I was there that day. I think his break was worse than Moose’s but either way he was a shadow of himself that day. He won the Sandover that year and at the presentation had the world’s second biggest cast on which locked his arm across his body.👀

Lol with AP out people are really throwing around the magnets 🤣

Pretty sure there is more to playing a position than having certain attributes.

Need to consider synergy and being able to gel and be predictable to each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the only real option if you're really gonna get creative is Jackson back and Voss fwd. Amiss just forget about it, Treacy unironically could do it but he's flying up fwd, and Voss I don't think provides enough value in defence to make it seem worth it. Jackson has the best physical profile and athletic attributes to replace the stuff that Pearce does outside of nullifying his opponent: the intercepts, the ground ball presence, putting out the fires and doing so with bounce.

The issue is (and this is why Pearce is so great) that there's no way Jackson can do that and be expected to nullify an opponent 1 on 1. Guys like Pearce and even Ryan to an extent can be the "free safety" without needing to be free, Jackson can't. And Sydney don't have many non-threats that you can just afford to sit on and cheat off of. McLean is the closest to that, but it'd still be risky.

Realistically our best course is to probably have the rest of the talls focus on doing their best to solely nullify their 1 on 1 matchups and lean on Ryan to just muck everything up and hope Chapman can take more on his plate (which will be full enough btwn Hayward as his likely matchup and maybe having to rebound more if they tag Clark again).

What’s going to happen is Hughes is going to come in and between him Ryan and Chapman they will cover Pearces role
I’d rather Hughes than Draper for this match. Need his intercept marking and harder edge. Also need another mature head with Alex out. Chapman on Amartey, Ryan on McDonald with help from Hughes or Davies.

I agree but Voss could be considered.
If it was true he played a bit back I might agree. I think anyone who watched Peel on the weekend should want Draper staying where he is. I'd be close to having Murphy ahead of him, confidence is in the gutter.

Hughes as a lock down is fine for a game or two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back