Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Aah well, I witnessed the most magical play from the most magical player I've ever seen play the game. Thank you Nick Daicos!!!!!

Sadly with no help from teammates

Midfield is Nick and no one atm. The kid is eventually going to burn out if we keep relying on him every week.
I kind of agree but who do we bring in as FA?
What young talent do we bring in and how? Do we have the picks to trade or draft?

Smith would help but how do we get him?
Callahan the dream but again what is the cost and how?

Jordy when back to 100% will help
McGuane 12 months away - then development time

I kind of agree but who do we bring in as FA?
What young talent do we bring in and how? Do we have the picks to trade or draft?

Smith would help but how do we get him?
Callahan the dream but again what is the cost and how?

Jordy when back to 100% will help
McGuane 12 months away - then development time

Do something. The kid needs mids around him who are half decent.

Also I wouldn’t think it would be too hard to convince players to play alongside Nick.

People probably overreacting here tonight about our midfield. There’s plenty of quality there, but they were always going to be up against it coming off the bye against GC who have a stacked midfield and haven’t lost a single home game this year.

We’re still playing with the same midfield that’s beaten up on a few more highly fancied ones, so while we definitely need young talent coming through to compliment Nick, there’s not much reason to panic just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do something. The kid needs mids around him who are half decent.
I’m with you
Bad luck or bad management that we picked Fin over Holmes
Bad luck or bad management we couldn’t prize one of Geelong’s mids (or a high pick) for Ollie?

How do we bring in young quality mids?
How do move up in the draft?
How do we trade for them?
We’ve made the decision to trade our 2024 first, we need our 2025 for McGuane, and trading picks further in the future has Boston Celtics / Brooklyn all over it
I’m up for trading any player that’s not part of the 2025 flag hunt or selling high on potential

I used to go to all VFL games to watch the boys coming through but rarely go bc there’s just not really anyone I want to see

2024 isn’t doom or gloom, 2025 might still be ok if Pendles goes on, as we’re still a shot at the flag but we need to be making moves at the end of this year or there will be fall off that will take time to recover

He’s not a mid but Morris was the young 3rd tall we needed to draft but got too cute trying to trade up instead of drafting

I’m with you
Bad luck or bad management that we picked Fin over Holmes
Bad luck or bad management we couldn’t prize one of Geelong’s mids (or a high pick) for Ollie?

How do we bring in young quality mids?
How do move up in the draft?
How do we trade for them?
We’ve made the decision to trade our 2024 first, we need our 2025 for McGuane, and trading picks further in the future has Boston Celtics / Brooklyn all over it
I’m up for trading any player that’s not part of the 2025 flag hunt or selling high on potential

I used to go to all VFL games to watch the boys coming through but rarely go bc there’s just not really anyone I want to see

2024 isn’t doom or gloom, 2025 might still be ok if Pendles goes on, as we’re still a shot at the flag but we need to be making moves at the end of this year or there will be fall off that will take time to recover

He’s not a mid but Morris was the young 3rd tall we needed to draft but got too cute trying to trade up instead of drafting

You look at GC's midfield compared to ours tonight. They had several getting over 30 and only Nick got over 30 for us. The next best was 20 or 21 disposals. And don't get me started on Morris. That will hurt us in the long term.

Dave

This is a little oasis on a bad day

No need to pull down the King Gee's and pi$$ in the water

Why am I taking him Down?

Nick was Clearly our best Player tonight but there was no one over 4qtr that played to help Nick

If we won all these games where Nick was the best for us he'd be a run away winner in the Brownlow. Unfortunately we don't have a great record of players getting votes in losing games.
Umpires will give him unexpected votes this year. They always do it when a player deserved to bring home Charlie the previous year but was robbed of it. Fully expecting him to get 2 votes behind Anderson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back