Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it? The headstock looks Hagstrom or something?

It's this

Made in.... wait for it... China

The Eastman Jazz Guitars are really well regarded. Solid woods... great electronics.

I played some really nice guitars including a used Gibson L4 ($8k)... this one just did it for me.

I know it's a "yeah right" thing but I actually did just want a jazz guitar to finish my collection. I want to study the genre a bit... push myself to become a better player. Feel like I've been churning out the same licks for a while now.

It's this

Made in.... wait for it... China

The Eastman Jazz Guitars are really well regarded. Solid woods... great electronics.

I played some really nice guitars including a used Gibson L4 ($8k)... this one just did it for me.

I know it's a "yeah right" thing but I actually did just want a jazz guitar to finish my collection. I want to study the genre a bit... push myself to become a better player. Feel like I've been churning out the same licks for a while now.

Chinese guitars keep getting better. They'll end up like Japan at some point. I had a Framus when I was young that was a similar big bodied jazz guitar. I wouldn't mind one again.

Needs more guitars

Gringo... let's see your SG (if you can sneak it out of the cupboard long enough to snap a pic) :)

Scrappy.... let's see your prs

My SG is pretty ugly. It's a real disco model. All silver Platinum special. This one but think mine might be 2000 or 2001.

I thought you were into **** and hair rock. It would look nice against your spandex tights.
I laughed so much when I read that I nearly cried......post of the day....

So my most treasured axe is one of only 3 copies ever made of a custom Lado Earth that was done for Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden, that was used on the Powerslave album in 1983 and subsequent World Slavery tour in 84/85. Lado is a Canadian guitar company started by a Croatian immigrant and Joe Kovacic. I believe the deal was done that when he did the custom jobs for Iron Maiden, he wouldn't do any copies for a set number of years (which has now lapsed). It's a neck through design using Canadian Maple, and the shape is clearly based on the Explorer. It's 24 frets, ebony board, and compound 12"-16". It weighs a ton and is slightly head heavy, but the neck is amazing.

I happened to get in touch with Lado, about to buy a standard Earth, and they literally said, "we have a copy of the Adrian Smith ready to go that someone just cancelled, if you're interested?" As a lifelong Maiden devotee, I nearly strained something in the rush to grab my credit card!!

I bring this up, because it is straight out of the heart of the spandex tight era !!!!

lado.jpg

And the only video I could find in a hurry, with said guitar and spandex on full display!!

My SG is pretty ugly. It's a real disco model. All silver Platinum special. This one but think mine might be 2000 or 2001.

Cool mate. That'll be worth decent coin one day.

I watched a different video on it. I think he said they came out in 2003.

Remember the Gibson Zoot Suit Sg's that came out ages ago? I loved them but didn't end up buying one. I thought they'd be cool to play in a psychedelic funk band. They go for over 10k used now. Wish I'd bought 10 of 'em.

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool mate. That'll be worth decent coin one day.

I watched a different video on it. I think he said they came out in 2003.

Remember the Gibson Zoot Suit Sg's that came out ages ago? I loved them but didn't end up buying one. I thought they'd be cool to play in a psychedelic funk band. They go for over 10k used now. Wish I'd bought 10 of 'em.

View attachment 2073013

The zoots look awesome. They are proper nuts. I remember the guitar shop in Chapel street South Yarra had a pink paisley telecaster for years and when they closed down it was on sale for $400 bucks or something insane. I nearly bought it but hated the look so much I would have probably ended up painting it anyway. Think they were 1980s Japanese reissues. People are collecting them now.

Yeah, the one I have has a black headstock face which was apparently only one of the years they made them. It actually sounds amazing despite the look of it. Bought it because it was cheap and ended up liking it. All those ugly guitars from that era are retro to 20 year olds. I see heaps of young guys in bands with the 80s strats with colour coded headstock faces and the old lace sensor models are back in with the youth. I remember those old Gnewie Malmsteeen scalloped fretboard Strats too. I reckon they are probably retro enough to come back in.

I laughed so much when I read that I nearly cried......post of the day....

So my most treasured axe is one of only 3 copies ever made of a custom Lado Earth that was done for Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden, that was used on the Powerslave album in 1983 and subsequent World Slavery tour in 84/85. Lado is a Canadian guitar company started by a Croatian immigrant and Joe Kovacic. I believe the deal was done that when he did the custom jobs for Iron Maiden, he wouldn't do any copies for a set number of years (which has now lapsed). It's a neck through design using Canadian Maple, and the shape is clearly based on the Explorer. It's 24 frets, ebony board, and compound 12"-16". It weighs a ton and is slightly head heavy, but the neck is amazing.

I happened to get in touch with Lado, about to buy a standard Earth, and they literally said, "we have a copy of the Adrian Smith ready to go that someone just cancelled, if you're interested?" As a lifelong Maiden devotee, I nearly strained something in the rush to grab my credit card!!

I bring this up, because it is straight out of the heart of the spandex tight era !!!!

View attachment 2072899

And the only video I could find in a hurry, with said guitar and spandex on full display!!

That's an impressive looking thing man.... I wouldn't have a clue where to start with it 🤣

I bet it's unbelievably well made.

That's an impressive looking thing man.... I wouldn't have a clue where to start with it 🤣

I bet it's unbelievably well made.
Streets ahead of anything else I'd ever picked up at that stage. If I was forced to choose 4 guitars and get rid of the rest, that Lado, the Kiesel, the Les Paul and the new Cargill would stay.

I've got a sunburst Strat with a custom neck made by a Mob called guitar alley, somewhere in California that's really good, but a level below the above 4.

There's about 3 ESP's and a Jackson that I really like, but they're just not in the same league.

My best mate asked his 10 year old to name a past or present Hawthorn player.

Her response:

Michael Jackson.

She doesn't even know who Michael Jackson is for what it's worth.

It's led to this:

Back when we had an operational vinyl player, my contribution; MJ's Thriller album.

It's a shame your mate didn't do better and name Mark Jackson though, but then that might have drew more questions than answers I suppose.

So I notice some of you have an interest in Japan and guitars. I’m a Japan dweller myself and I have a guitar question I need to ask someone. I will pop a photo here too. It happens to be a beautiful guitar I bought on impulse which is far far too good for me and my bedroom hackings. I wonder what it might be worth

So I notice some of you have an interest in Japan and guitars. I’m a Japan dweller myself and I have a guitar question I need to ask someone. I will pop a photo here too. It happens to be a beautiful guitar I bought on impulse which is far far too good for me and my bedroom hackings. I wonder what it might be worth
Happy to help

What is the model of the guitar?

So, olympic breakdancing overnight.

Just had to be France right? Surprised there was no water cannons putting people on the ground so they can all convulse somewhat controllably.

Just, how in the bluest of hells is that an an Olympic "sport"?

So, olympic breakdancing overnight.

Just had to be France right? Surprised there was no water cannons putting people on the ground so they can all convulse somewhat controllably.

Just, how in the bluest of hells is that an an Olympic "sport"?

I think people caught on that stuff like Roman-Greco wrestling was looking really dated , though to be honest it was probably mainly the outfits that turned people off, so to appeal to the younger generation the introduced a heap of stuff that became popular in the 1980s.

Will take them a while before they have Olympic World of Warcraft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back