Game Day Essendon v. Sydney, Friday 7.40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEAM CAN NOT PLAY ****ING FOOTBALL! It's as simple as that. They think they are so shit hot and they can not even do the basics. They are PITIFUL!

I don't care if they manage to scrape a win tonight. Because it ain't changing the fact of what I said above. THE TEAM DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL!

Where the heck is our forward line. We have no run because we have our full forward line in the middle of the ground. No fudging one to kick to we handball our way into trouble.

Play a standard forward line without this insane press and we probably kick some goals.

Essendon are tripe. How are we on top of the ladder.

If this is the best the AFL have... The game is in real trouble.

We could win this but gee is bloody gross at this point

We can't carry Luke Parker because he used to be a star. He turns it on in the odd burst but he is a non factor again.

Sub or out , keep his energy up.

I feel bad for Blakey Lloyd Melican Mills etc having to do so much work. Mccartin and Rampe look a little off but they get no relief.

Cleary tries but I mean he is a kid .

We need more from Heeney Gulden and Rowbottom.

Mills form has been the main positive

37 inside 50s to 18
12-4 free kick count
Centre clearances 7-2

And you're saying the KPD is bad?
It's a miracle we aren't 25 points down.

He is a bit off but he gets no respite

Positives:
Scoreline
Defence holding
Campbell looking good forward of centre
Negatives:
We are playing without a midfield
Grundy getting monstered by Draper - it's like watching Hickey ruck in the 22 GF
Tall forwards can't take a contested mark inside 50
Can't tackle

All up, quite a depressing half of footy. Hope we can just scrape over the line and somehow, in the coming weeks, re-discover some midfield touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a horrible game to watch.

We have no fluency. It's sad how we have lost it so much.

Our forward line is non existent and it's a real concern.

McCartin scares me every time he has the ball. When he kicked it out of bounds, I knew he was going to stuff it up.

Can we please tackle instead of bump!

I'm liking Cleary.

Really we should be down by 7 goals, not 7 points.

I thought the Collingwood game was the point where we go "OK, here's how we do it". In hindsight it was just a fluke caused by Heeney and Warner red-lining. Our defence has been good, but you get the feeling that the dam wall will break hard soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back