Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re all happy to give him a pass to a degree given the state of our list and the amount of injuries we’ve copped this year.

The concern with Yze is there’s been no discernible game plan - after a full season I still don’t know what style he is trying to implement and how he wants us to play.

He makes baffling choices, such as continuing with Ben Miller for the 2nd half of the season rather than letting Blight play some consistent footy.

My biggest worry is his communication and leadership - his media performances this year have been pathetic and insipid. If you haven’t seen the clip Richmond put up of him announcing to the players that we’d be wearing the Dreamtime jumper this week, then go and watch it - you’ll be shocked. He can barely string two words together and what he does say makes no sense. It pans to Broady who looks like he can’t believe what he’s seeing.

I know that they all have their individual reasons, and I am personally happy that they are looking to leave as it means we will have a strong draft hand, however, the fact that there’s been such a big exodus surely isn’t a good sign.

I simply don’t think he’s up to senior coach standard. I’d love to be wrong and hope I am but I can’t see it.

We’re all happy to give him a pass to a degree given the state of our list and the amount of injuries we’ve copped this year.

The concern with Yze is there’s been no discernible game plan - after a full season I still don’t know what style he is trying to implement and how he wants us to play.

He makes baffling choices, such as continuing with Ben Miller for the 2nd half of the season rather than letting Blight play some consistent footy.

My biggest worry is his communication and leadership - his media performances this year have been pathetic and insipid. If you haven’t seen the clip Richmond put up of him announcing to the players that we’d be wearing the Dreamtime jumper this week, then go and watch it - you’ll be shocked. He can barely string two words together and what he does say makes no sense. It pans to Broady who looks like he can’t believe what he’s seeing.

I know that they all have their individual reasons, and I am personally happy that they are looking to leave as it means we will have a strong draft hand, however, the fact that there’s been such a big exodus surely isn’t a good sign.

I simply don’t think he’s up to senior coach standard. I’d love to be wrong and hope I am but I can’t see it.

Good thing about communication/speaking being his biggest weakness is it can pretty easily be developed over time.

Probably needs to be sent on a leadership and communication course during the off season.

I'll leave my opinion on him to at least late 2025 … you cannot do much when the season is shot and finals are out of the questions early on … it will be tough moving forward but coaching is a tough gig, we shall see.

I think he has done all he could, mentioned early that he wants us to be attacking through the midfield, but the injuries meant we had to play defensively 'down the line' so we could protect the defense. Didn't say too much in interviews and towed the 'company line' while not attacking the under siege players publicly.

On a positive note, he had a good look at all the list and can now shape the list moving forward. Also, he could try out multiple tactics and see how they went. Hopefully he learnt a lot about coaching, the players and himself because he wont get too many more years like this to get better.

Good thing about communication/speaking being his biggest weakness is it can pretty easily be developed over time.

Probably needs to be sent on a leadership and communication course during the off season.

100%. I used to be petrified of public speaking. Actually fainted in Year 12 giving a presentation for English.

Now, I am in charge of teaching and delivering curriculum to young adults at the front of the room.

Communication is an easy skill to improve.

Last edited:

IMG_5911.jpeg

It’s something he needs to work on. He knows his stuff undoubtedly but you wouldn’t know it from hearing him speak sometimes

Wonder if we could get Brett ratten to come in and help yze out …. He has plenty of expirience not only as an assistant coach but as the head coach …. Yze needs help

When you listen to Yze speak he doesn't inspire you to run through a brick wall instead he makes you want to grab a brick and smack it over your head to put you out of your misery.
yeah the blokes a muppet

The bloke inherited an absolute lemon. Checked out experienced players, shit senior assistant coaches that were contracted so he couldn't move them on, the worst injury list ever recorded and a stupidly tough draw. It was literally a perfect storm of disaster. Peak Mathews, Dimma, Clarkson or Scott wouldn't have got much out of this group, let alone a first year with one arm tied behind his back.

The bloke inherited an absolute lemon. Checked out experienced players, shit senior assistant coaches that were contracted so he couldn't move them on, the worst injury list ever recorded and a stupidly tough draw. It was literally a perfect storm of disaster. Peak Mathews, Dimma, Clarkson or Scott wouldn't have got much out of this group, let alone a first year with one arm tied behind his back.
Norf paying top dollar for Clarko proves that a top-flight coach can only do so much.

Last edited:
For better or for worse it's now Yzes team. He will get the opportunity over the next few weeks to begin to structure the list the way he wants. He'll be able to talk with Hartley & Toce regarding the type of players he wants us to bring in either through trade or the draft and it will appear that he'll have the coaching panel set up the way he wants it. I'm also expecting a heavy focus during the preseason on fitness to ensure that we hit the season as healthy as we can be and this will also allow the game plan to be better implemented.

As I said this morning I'm quite excited about what 2025 brings as we begin the climb back up the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we could get Brett ratten to come in and help yze out …. He has plenty of expirience not only as an assistant coach but as the head coach …. Yze needs help
He tried last year but unsuccessful.

Such rubbish posted on here bagging the coach. He’ll be right once the list improves and the injuries ease.
He knows what he’s doing. Calm and clear in his first season where the uncontrollables dominated outcomes.
Fun time to live thru. Makes the good times even better.

100%. I used to be petrified of public speaking. Actually fainted in Year 12 giving a presentation for English.

Now, I am in charge of teaching and delivering curriculum to young axults at the front of the room.

Communication is an easy skill to improve.
Weak as piss

Joking by the way

Can’t be judged on this season, didn’t stand a chance. The thing that is against him is we are starting full rebuild mode and coaches rarely survive rebuilds. Next 2-3 years we are going to be in the bottom 2-3 so tough times coming but at least we should be getting a bunch of elite talent this off season.

I'm done on this bloke. His coaching has been pretty pisspoor. his pressers & ability to inspire has been non existent. He appears to have no meaningful relationships with any of the players, or even his own assistants team. His chemistry in the club is about as stinky as it gets.

Did anyone see the very awkward interaction of Dusty & Yze while he was doing the rounds in the lockeroom? Dusty shook hands and acknowledged everyone, & vice versa, except for Yze. neither of them look at each other, acknowledge each other at all. Door behind them opens and its Newman who acknowledges Dusty immediately, while Yze tries to dart through the door inbetween them & then Dusty leaves.

Yze stood like a man without a mate in the room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back