Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

On fitness. we still run as much as our opponents, break even on most running stats. Suns game. RFC runs 279kms. Suns 284km. RFC 252 sprints Suns 237 sprints.

Hawthorn game we won both stats. RFC ran 293kms. HFC 285kms. Sprints RFC 272 to HFC 260.

year in year out the gameday "fitness " is OK. Injury & injury prevention & recovery is ****ed.
The first job for our new CEO. Still many believe Yze it’s his full responsibility lol. Anything for criticism

What are you babbling on about? The poster pointed out issues this season and did not mention the guy running the show - the head coach. The club knows he has a problem, it was the club that brought Caracella back, not Yze.
Why did the club not improve the assistant coaches when they hired Yze, it felt like he was thrown to the wolves.

Where was the investment in the football department prior to the 2024 season?

I was under the impression Sam Mitchell was an assistant coach at Hawthorn before he took over, would make a huge difference.
Of course it would make a big difference. Sam was already familiar with the club's culture and people.

Of course it would make a big difference. Sam was already familiar with the club's culture and people.
Can also add Hawthorn have taken time to get the list right under Mitchell, Something Adem is yet to have.

Can also add Hawthorn have taken time to get the list right under Mitchell, Something Adem is yet to have.
Yze is still very new to the club and job. Our list is very poor, and didn't help that Gale had committed to another job early on.

Clarkson is an experienced coach and still struggling to improve North's performance. Don't know why yze is copping so much criticism after one season. Yze probably over estimated our list and now realises we should be part of rebuild.

Exactly. Mitchell went through the same shit Yze's going to be going through the next couple of years before the big picture started coming together. As Tiger's fans we should know better than most that coaches need time to break a team down and build it back up. People calling for Yze's head already are letting the emotion of losing get a hold of them. No coach would be winning with this list and the injuries we've had. Not one.

very poor has struggled to translate his tactics onto the field during game day players unwilling to implement structure communication a big part of that

Only redeeming feature people have offered is he sticks fat well last presser he may have departed somewhat from that trait

Shocking first year rookie coach big preseason of self reflection good luck to him hope he can turn himself around has got a lot to evaluate for himself

I do not think the club will leave it up for him to do the best thing as they have brought in an insurance policy with Blake Caracella who had intimated the top coaching job is now not out of question but amazing how the Joe Biden protection team had kicked in after such a deplorable effort

I think on the 1st qtr vs Hawthorn. They are a very good midfield and smashed us like they do everyone. but in general play Hugo kicks to fr om half back to Balta up fwd, Ball goes over Balta's head by a mile, on TV it was comedy. Looked like the sun got in his eyes. Campbell gets a kick turned over. Every RFC error paid the full cost.
Hopper a turnover kick.
Balta gives away a 50 ~ Hawks end up goaling.
Blight a shocking turnover. Harsh game to have such an inexperienced player there.
Sub standard football really.
etc, etc.

Balta, Kosi, Ryan Bauer as KPFs hasn't worked. No Lynch again has been the killer.

Ryan is 2 years from having the body.

I hope the shocking year means throw "best 22" out. He took on the list thinking it was capable of finals, but he got 2 games out of Gibcus, 4 from Lynch and a spoon.

Had Kmac, Short, Graham as walk up starts. Never dropped. If the club and Yze cant see that, going to be down for a long time.

Can only play the players that are available, not like he had a full list to choose from.
View attachment 2090476
unfortunately, people choose not to understand or ignore it when it comes to common sense. Like seriously with so many players out for the season or long term, can only do so much.

I was under the impression Sam Mitchell was an assistant coach at Hawthorn before he took over, would make a huge difference.
Yes, he was a Box Hill coach until taking over as standalone head coach at the beginning of the 2024 season. Finished 2022 with 8 wins, 2023 with 7 wins, and 2024 with 14 wins. I think clubs are taking notes on how he turned things around. Though, he’s never had a 2-win season, so the improvements would be relative to his base this year. New coaches usually don’t last beyond 4 seasons without meaningful improvement.

Whether I think we should persist with Yze beyond 2025 will depend on a range of factors. How did our club perform in the draft and trade period? What did we do about our strength & conditioning team? What kind of assistant coaches did we bring across? If we did nothing to help Yze in the off-season and bombed the draft, then we shouldn’t get rid of him. Why should he fall just because of our incompetence?

If we took reasonable steps to help him, then I’d look at what type of improvements we see next year: Even if we still finish 18th, are we scoring more? Do we comfortably beat/smash another team at least once or twice? If I see signs like that, then I’ll be content.

But if we see another 20+ loss season with our highest winning margin being single-digit, and scoring above 80 points only around 4 times, and no scores above 100 points, and more 90+ thumpings etc. after changing things to support him, then I’m not sure about wanting him to stay head coach tbh. Even if Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Graham, Dusty etc. leave, you can win at least one or two games convincingly just by a team’s synergy or gameplan working.

Because I really like Yze as our head coach, I’m willing to be as lenient as possible with him next year. But surely there has to be some type of improvement somewhere - even if it lasts only 1 or 2 matches.

His team selections were some of the worst I had seen.

The bloke had no game play, no system and there was no improvement on all the facets as the year went on.

The midfield was buried time and time again and he couldn’t adjust this in 23 weeks.

Whatever excuse you want to give him, his controllables was very poorly done.

Those things outside of his control that were club based, well, I’m on repeat on how the club haven’t given a **** since 2020. But those with blinkers didn’t want to see that. Brendan Gale has been in cruise control for a long while. More worried about things not football related.

Can only play the players that are available, not like he had a full list to choose from.
View attachment 2090476
Graham injured first 3 games but a walk up start. Injured. walk up start.

McIntosh is MVP of the "worst list ever to win a flag". 2024, 22 games in the actual worst RFC team in history.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give It To Me Want GIF

Some of our supporters when it comes to success. Seems the 2017-2020 years have seen some forget that success is something that is earned rather than just happening.

Graham injured first 3 games but a walk up start. Injured. walk up start.

McIntosh is MVP of the "worst list ever to win a flag". 2024, 22 games in the actual worst RFC team in history.

Jayden Short never dropped or moved. Free pass to one of the biggest squibs.

That’s nothing but shit coaching.

His team selections were some of the worst I had seen.

The bloke had no game play, no system and there was no improvement on all the facets as the year went on.

The midfield was buried time and time again and he couldn’t adjust this in 23 weeks.

Whatever excuse you want to give him, his controllables was very poorly done.

Those things outside of his control that were club based, well, I’m on repeat on how the club haven’t given a **** since 2020. But those with blinkers didn’t want to see that. Brendan Gale has been in cruise control for a long while. More worried about things not football related.
All those comments other than Gale are really about our list. I keep saying - do you think North supporters are seeing inspirational stuff from Clarkson at North in any of those game facets. People don’t want to accept our current group is just not good enough. I know blaming the coach is easy and he may not end up being good but no one was going to fix our problems quickly

Giving poorly performing players games can be explained as a function of a horrid injury list but what is inexcusable is the patently poor prosecution of simple skills such as handball kicking and tackling

He is clearly trying to create a handball chain link centre corridor game style which is devastating when it works but a razor thin margin where the edge of the precipice on both sides is narrow

It took a long time for our spoon coach to realise you need to be up and running as a team to play that way.

The poor communication skills are evident the failure of players to implement his instructions and structure on the field falls on the head coach ultimately

Poorest coaching performance in generations being at such a low level we should expect reasonable improvement next year from such a low base but we have far better options to fill the coaching seat

Players playing for coaches is massive as we have seen with Tiger Morris a big part is trust but they need motivation and communication to pull that off

Of course we can judge his performance

Complete failure

I do find it interesting that Newman looks to have a better rapport with the playing group compared to Yze

Maybe it’s the lack of leadership Yze shows but newy commands the respect of those around him

Lots of interesting exchanges during after that game.

Yze & Dusty completely ignoring each other the most glaring. Dusty literally does the entire rounds the room shakes everyone's hand, goes over to where his coach is and they both never acknowledge each other at all. The awkwardness is clear as f-ing day. As soon as Newman entered, Newman and Dusty shake hands & Yze tries to stage left.

Newman's very awkward exchange with Dimma as well was a good one. The biggest bullshit " g'day mate" bullshit smile he gave Dimma as they shook hands and the face he pulls immediately afterwards, like, "whatever flog"

The retired & injured players all watching the game with absolutely zero interest, passion or interaction at any point throughout the whole game

Grimes sitting in the stands in street clothes watching the game with his wife & Astbury. This is a guy who was Captain before this season - not even watching the final game with his teammates

Pickett looking legit like he has already spent 3 months in jail. Bruises & cuts clearly on his face. Skin off color, eyes swollen. Got to wonder if his retirement is a sign that he knows he is about to head back to jail - he looked like a guy who had just realised his life is about to swing full circle again.

Balme not even being at the last game

Brandon Ellis deciding to go to Bali instead of turning up to his final game on an AFL list in a match where he can wave off both sets of fans & former teammates, coaches.

Was one of the weirdest days of footy i can remember to be honest. The people watching was far more interesting than the game.

Number 1 take away for me was, Adem Yze doesn't have a single bloke who has his back atm. dead man f-ing walking. And based on the pitiful season we just had and the fact he lost the entire playing group to the point where they are all "not" requesting trades, but they are all completely, totally cool if it does kinda happen...... worst season & position i have seen the club in, possibly ever.

Well done to all those supporters who golf clapped every questionable move over the past 3-4 seasons. You were warned of the paint peeling off the walls - but instead you live in the flames now. Well done lads. It was fun shitting on myself TigerImposter & SunshineBoy when you thought it won you imaginary browny points - but the sad reality is - you endorsed this shit show for 3 years and where we are at now is the end result of all those shitful decisions the club made. Was clear as day happening ti a bunch of us who know how to spectate and support at the same time.

This Is Fine GIF

Last edited:
All those comments other than Gale are really about our list. I keep saying - do you think North supporters are seeing inspirational stuff from Clarkson at North in any of those game facets. People don’t want to accept our current group is just not good enough. I know blaming the coach is easy and he may not end up being good but no one was going to fix our problems quickly

Are you seriously comparing Clarkson a bloke who has already won 4 flags to Ummmmden Yze ? A bloke who has coached 1 season & lead a team that won a flag 4 years ago to their first winless season against fellow Victorian teams in its 100+ year history?

Clarkson doesn't have to prove shit to his supporters. He comes over with the most impressive resume & record you can hope for.

Yze comes over with a speech issue & no game plan. No mates. No players. this season is as bad as anthing Neeld had with Melbourne. Thats the class this schlep is bathing in right now. ffs

I just explained in a very simple way that things he could control he failed at. Things that weren’t in his control the club has failed and and any one with half a brain could see it coming.

But if you don’t understand and want to continually blame things on everything else outside of the coach, go ahead.

“It is the list” “players lack hunger” “injuries” whatever. Things he could control he was very poor at.

Lots of interesting exchanges during after that game.

Yze & Dusty completely ignoring each other the most glaring. Dusty literally does the entire rounds the room shakes everyone's hand, goes over to where his coach is and they both never acknowledge each other at all. The awkwardness is clear as f-ing day. As soon as Newman entered, Newman and Dusty shake hands & Yze tries to stage left.

Newman's very awkward exchange with Dimma as well was a good one. The biggest bullshit " g'day mate" bullshit smile he gave Dimma as they shook hands and the face he pulls immediately afterwards, like, "whatever flog"

The retired & injured players all watching the game with absolutely zero interest, passion or interaction at any point throughout the whole game

Grimes sitting in the stands in street clothes watching the game with his wife & Astbury. This is a guy who was Captain before this season - not even watching the final game with his teammates

Pickett looking legit like he has already spent 3 months in jail. Bruises & cuts clearly on his face. Skin off color, eyes swollen. Got to wonder if his retirement is a sign that he knows he is about to head back to jail - he looked like a guy who had just realised his life is about to swing full circle again.

Balme not even being at the last game

Brandon Ellis deciding to go to Bali instead of turning up to his final game on an AFL list in a match where he can wave off both sets of fans & former teammates, coaches.

Was one of the weirdest days of footy i can remember to be honest. The people watching was far more interesting than the game.

Number 1 take away for me was, Adem Yze doesn't have a single bloke who has his back atm. dead man f-ing walking. And based on the pitiful season we just had and the fact he lost the entire playing group to the point where they are all "not" requesting trades, but they are all completely, totally cool if it does kinda happen...... worst season & position i have seen the club in, possibly ever.

Well done to all those supporters who gold clapped every questionable move over the past 3-4 seasons. You were warned of the paint peeling off the walls - but instead your (see below) has you legit in the flames now. Well done lads

This Is Fine GIF
Can anyone link me to the dusty - Yze interaction footage ?

Last edited:
I see we a

Can anyone link me to the dusty - Yze interaction footage ?
its on the kayo replay when they do the aftergame wrap crap with Dermie etc. They are just talking over the top about other stuff, but the footage picks it up as they follow Dusty around. Clear as f-ing day. Watched it with my wife twice and even she gasped at how icy it was. Completely lost me on that Ummmmden Yze, coach should be the strongest, biggest adult in the f-ing room and he looked legit afraid of the bloke. It looked to me like Dusty went over there to have a moment with him & instead of Adem offering up a hand to say well done, thanks etc - he was too scared to make eye contact, or, too petty to offer his hand first.

Adem has lost me. Looks petty and can't coach for f-ing shit. Has lost an entire generation of loyal players in 12 months.

Would completely support the club sacking him now if they decided to. If they can afford it, then do it. He is a complete iceburg

its on the kayo replay when they do the aftergame wrap crap with Dermie etc. They are just talking over the top about other stuff, but the footage picks it up as they follow Dusty around. Clear as f-ing day. Watched it with my wife twice and even she gasped at how icy it was. Completely lost me on that Ummmmden Yze, coach should be the strongest, biggest adult in the f-ing room and he looked legit afraid of the bloke. It looked to me like Dusty went over there to have a moment with him & instead of Adem offering up a hand to say well done, thanks etc - he was too scared to make eye contact, or, too petty to offer his hand first.

Adem has lost me. Looks petty and can't coach for f-ing shit. Has lost an entire generation of loyal players in 12 months.

Would completely support the club sacking him now if they decided to. If they can afford it, then do it. He is a complete iceburg

I just went and saw the footage, got no idea what you’re referring to because Yze isn’t even in it, is there another bit of footage?

One thing I noticed though is Dusty goes around hugging everyone but seems to give Livingstone the cold shoulder (its possible he had already hugged him earlier that we did not see) then stands and talks to Morro

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back