Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the humidity knocked my son around while we were there.

I caught taxis everywhere. So convenient. I used the GoTaxi app

Are you just staying in Tokyo?

Left Tokyo now. In Kanazawa on the way to Kyoto today. Tokyo flooded as we left. Absolutely crazy amount of rain. We were doing taxis yesterday. Just couldn’t do it at 37 degrees. We stayed right near a train line in Tokyo so really easy with the suica card.

We’re heading up there next year and had strong advice not to go in summer - sounds like you’d agree? Might aim for September.

Last time I was here in summer and said never again but forgot. Don’t do it.

Left Tokyo now. In Kanazawa on the way to Kyoto today. Tokyo flooded as we left. Absolutely crazy amount of rain. We were doing taxis yesterday. Just couldn’t do it at 37 degrees. We stayed right near a train line in Tokyo so really easy with the suica card.
Someone on here mentioned that they've gotten rid of the Toyota Crown taxi's over there!! That's a real shame, nothing like a taxi in Japan - a Toyota crown driven by some 110 year old not out bloke wearing gloves!!

Last time I was here in summer and said never again but forgot. Don’t do it.
I had to go there for work a lot and had to go to Sapporo, as it happened, right in the middle of their Ice Festival - and I hate the snow!! Complained about freezing my nuts off and a colleague from the UK pointed out that it's like 300 or 400km east of Vladivostok Russia and I should have expected it!! I had no idea it was a major snow skiing destination, ****ing hate the cold.....

Someone on here mentioned that they've gotten rid of the Toyota Crown taxi's over there!! That's a real shame, nothing like a taxi in Japan - a Toyota crown driven by some 110 year old not out bloke wearing gloves!!

There are still a few around and in the regional areas there are heaps. Had a glove guy yesterday. Absolutely awesome

Just because, I switched to the F1 instead of footy tonight, and sure, it's just practice to race tomorrow but;

Seargant already planted it into the wall, bounced a bit, lost a wheel and had to vacate a fire and they hadn't even been on track for 20mins of an hour long practice yet.

I mean, everyone is safe, but this is far more interesting to whatever game of football is on at present.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyoto is the place for the Toyota Comforts. Still half the fleet here. Terrible phone pic sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_7507.jpeg
    IMG_7507.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
The shit you do when you're divorced.

You take over the dining room with a rough as guts but effective moving blanket booth for recording acoustic guitar and vocals.

img_7746-jpg.2090421

IMG_7747.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7746.jpg
    IMG_7746.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 77
Did you take that with an Etch a Sketch lol

That’s called taking a pic from the shade into bright sunlight when it’s 35 degrees at 80% humidity. Even the phone can’t be ****ed.

Marathon for everyday and sth Melbourne market for a treat 😍.
Not criticising in any way the Marathon unit, but Chien Wah are most definitely the superior dialy dimmie. Not that they're easy to find since Colesworths stopped stocking them, but worth the effort IMHO.
Sth Melb's definitely the reigning overlord, I'm sure everyone would agree.

They have the old government limos here still too.

View attachment 2090481
Those Centuries are good buying on the import market. In typical Japanese style its a 5 year apprenticeship before they let employees build them, and that's after they've already served on the normal production lines. They lose money on every single one. Probably the best made car on the planet then and still.

What's been the best meal you've had there so far?

Don’t know. Just generally the produce is incredible and most restaurants are excellent. They are starting to blend into each other now. The ones I remember are because they were different. Had Naples style pizza that is better than Italy and even burgers are elite

Don’t know. Just generally the produce is incredible and most restaurants are excellent. They are starting to blend into each other now. The ones I remember are because they were different. Had Naples style pizza that is better than Italy and even burgers are elite

It's funny how that can work. Best burger I've ever eaten was in Paris.

The shit you do when you're divorced.

You take over the dining room with a rough as guts but effective moving blanket booth for recording acoustic guitar and vocals.

img_7746-jpg.2090421

View attachment 2090422
Shit. I thought that was someone's hotel room in Japan!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back