Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow these are shocking. Amiss kicked 36 goals and is in our bottom 5ish players for the season?
Seems to be intentionally wrong to drive traffic.

Right. I thought it was more of the ground. As in the silver areas and the red/white/yellow, but now that I see the map it triggers my memory that the latter are "unavailable" or classed differently.

I'm in 143, but not right up the back. Still undercover though and don't get wet if it rains, so that's probably where they have drawn the gold/silver boundary.
I reckon it'd be closer to 2000 than 1000, but still; not that many.

Back of 143 are good seats. I'm guessing the Cat 1 ones are the back 8 rows? I think it's row 14 that is right under the edge of the roof. Some of the extended fam are in the same spot as you; I'm jealous. (Particularly of the the not having to climb 5 sets of stairs part).

Anyway you're safe from me dropping crap on you if you give me the shits on here if you are under cover (We're in front 543).

Wow these are shocking. Amiss kicked 36 goals and is in our bottom 5ish players for the season?
My guess is it's a straight average of the player ratings she has awarded each game, and then a ranking on that basis. The nature of his role means that Amiss gets fewer chances to dominate (thereby earning very high ratings) and very little scope to perform well in losses. Like the Brownlow, these rankings will reward average midfielders over talented forwards.

My guess is it's a straight average of the player ratings she has awarded each game, and then a ranking on that basis. The nature of his role means that Amiss gets fewer chances to dominate (thereby earning very high ratings) and very little scope to perform well in losses. Like the Brownlow, these rankings will reward average midfielders over talented forwards.
Ohhh yeah makes sense

Yep,
Was better than every single person on that page unless it's an "expected output" vs actual output list. Listed behind Hughes who played 6 games is complete bullshit.

I actually think Amiss is going to kick more goals than Treacy next year. Progress isn't linear so I can see them toing and froing for a while.

I gotta say, I hate the name Doig for our club F&B medal. It’s no shade on the person whom the medal was named after (though I care so little about the name I’ve never bothered to understand the history behind it), but it just sounds shit. Also, for me it has no relevance. Inaugural member, been through the absolute worst this club has dished up, and maaaaann there’s been lots of it. I reckon we name the club medal after one of our greats who has given us something to make the dark times bearable; Pavlich of course the front-runner, Fyfe probably too recent and Mundy certainly in the mix. I just can’t get excited about a medal that doesn’t relate to a club champ that I’ve seen play in the purple.

End rant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say, I hate the name Doig for our club F&B medal. It’s no shade on the person whom the medal was named after (though I care so little about the name I’ve never bothered to understand the history behind it), but it just sounds shit. Also, for me it has no relevance. Inaugural member, been through the absolute worst this club has dished up, and maaaaann there’s been lots of it. I reckon we name the club medal after one of our greats who has given us something to make the dark times bearable; Pavlich of course the front-runner, Fyfe probably too recent and Mundy certainly in the mix. I just can’t get excited about a medal that doesn’t relate to a club champ that I’ve seen play in the purple.

End rant.
Thank goodness your rant means Jack Shit to most here.
I suggest you fo some research on the Doig family history.
We are called Fremantle because we draw our history of the greatness of not only the two real Fremantle teams, East and South. But the football ball history of all Fremantle.
Ther history is our history. It is our heart and soul.
And, our club belong in a place that is real, Fremantle.

It's not going to change out of respect to the family.

Pavlich trophy/medal could be our leading goalscorer of the year
Not just the family, but Fremantle football history.
The other mob had no apparent place, and still don"t, to hang their hat.
West Coast, there is no such place.

The Doig is a great name for our best and fairest.

I mean if we were like Carltank or Essenscum we would rename it every 15 years to suit the current recently retired former best and fairest club and fan favourites, including "joint" names, which would make the Freo 2025 award either the Falters award or the Wyfe award.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back