Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Although I would love it, I can't see SDK happening with him contracted.

I think Geelong will come to the table eventually with Bailey. This whole winning the trade and screwing another club is usually just a thing fans like to wet themselves over.

Although I would love it, I can't see SDK happening with him contracted.

I think Geelong will come to the table eventually with Bailey. This whole winning the trade and screwing another club is usually just a thing fans like to wet themselves over.

If SDK requests a trade it will become a lot easier.

Ball is in his court.

Sure, they might make some face saving noises in that regard, But the club would want to have some pretty compelling evidence in hand of contract tampering and collusion between Smith, Cotton-On and Geelong before actually going public. Because it would be brave, if somewhat counter productive to burn the competitions house down whilst we stand in the middle of it by taking civil action against another club, a league sponsor and ultimately the league.

Its in nobodies interest to open the pandoras box to the scrutiny of discovery during proceedings.

It's the kind of thing, like sending Smith to the PSD that appeals to supporter fever dreams in hotbeds of uberfandom on the internet. But an outside of the competition investigation just isn't a viable option in a system that we are part of.

The deal will remain the same. Their first, and a shuffling of later picks that are slightly fun our favour.
And this attitude is what has led us to be a feeder club. It's got to stop. Organisations/clubs can change their fortunes by thinking and acting differently. We need to start thinking differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if we can get Sam, then I wonder if that would tempt TDK. Not that we need him, but it'd still be a decent coup a few years down the road perhaps.
TDK and Darc would be the best Ruck combo in the comp, hands down IMO......

We’ve asked the question, but it won’t happen. Geelong have already told Carlton under no circumstance he’ll be traded before the end of next year.
Of course...

Dr Lisa Turner GIF by CET freedom

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back