Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

That is only the case for a player being offered another rookie contract. Geelong have a one year main list deal on the table for him. They need to free up a cat B rookie spot for an Irishman of course.
Yep, I edited my post before seeing yours, he was already moved to Cat A ahead of this season (see below) but you're right - if Geelong are offering him a senior list position for 2025, this is off the table.

1727233711549.png

Sure, West Coast might offer Riley more money but my understanding is that we aren't under any salary cap pressure so we could, theoretically, up our offer if we wanted to.
The word "theoretically" is the key statement here. We theoretically could pay more money to anyone without being under salary cap pressure. Obviously you pay players salary equivalent to their contribution to winning games of football and at some point you have to let players go if they're being overpaid elsewhere.

The afl won't do anything. There is no interest without conflict and no conflict without interest. Look at what the wife said on brownlow night.....if you were a bookmaker you'd be questioning all of the bets on cripps.

Smith will go to Geelong, dogs will pontificate and get something in return that placates. One day though, we will all find out how that Geelong $$ works. It's only 60 minutes from the WO after all.

Well played dogs 😂
You come after ours, we’ll come after yours.
Create external noise and pressure for both Geelong and AFL brand.
We know the AFL always follows suit on “investigating” issues.
The pressure will then come from the AFL to Geelong.
Welcome SDK to the dogs, good riddance Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The word "theoretically" is the key statement here. We theoretically could pay more money to anyone without being under salary cap pressure. Obviously you pay players salary equivalent to their contribution to winning games of football and at some point you have to let players go if they're being overpaid elsewhere.
Agree with that.

I just thought Edmund's framing was weird.

He could have just said that West Coast are prepared to offer him more rather than implying Garcia is being squeezed out due to salary cap pressure.

With SDK undoubtedly joining the Dogs for 2025 and beyond, they must see Croft as a forward.

I wonder what that means for Jamarra’s future.

Who Croft or JUH as a midfielder
Still weeks away from pre season so anything can change

Marra did a lot of inside mid training last pre season to build his tank

Dogs view Croft running ability as a potential long term winger role similar to Mark Bilz from Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back