Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news everyone! David Schwartz has given Sydney the kiss of death by predicting they'll win "pretty comfortably". Why do I say it's the kiss of death? Because he also reckoned Geelong would beat us by 50 last week.
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but David King was salty on AFL360 and doubled down on his Anti-Brisbane posing. We just won’t be able to stop Sydney according to King.

I really like Jarrod Berry - kind of the consummate performer in a contending team, underrated by so many, but so valued internally and by those with a keen eye.

I'm interested to see where you think he will fit in this GF...I have not followed Brisbane closely throughout the season but he seems to be named at half forward but I also know he played a key role (highest rated player) in the Semi Final off half back against GWS. He has what I would say is the potential to be a big game player who might slip under the radar given all the other guns in the team.

All the best for the game ahead - bloody well enjoy it and fwiw I'll be backing the Lions all the way.

I'm interested to see where you think he will fit in this GF...I have not followed Brisbane closely throughout the season but he seems to be named at half forward but I also know he played a key role (highest rated player) in the Semi Final off half back against GWS.
Berry is one of our players that tags other mids to shut them down. I.e. Bont, Oliver, Butters, etc. In the event that he isn't tagging, we just use him as a regular midfielder.

I really like Jarrod Berry - kind of the consummate performer in a contending team, underrated by so many, but so valued internally and by those with a keen eye.

I'm interested to see where you think he will fit in this GF...I have not followed Brisbane closely throughout the season but he seems to be named at half forward but I also know he played a key role (highest rated player) in the Semi Final off half back against GWS. He has what I would say is the potential to be a big game player who might slip under the radar given all the other guns in the team.

All the best for the game ahead - bloody well enjoy it and fwiw I'll be backing the Lions all the way.

Had played mostly wing for this season, especially as it's gone on. It looks like he plays half back and half forward because he covers so much ground. I wonder if we might put him on the same wing as Gulden and see how that goes.

There is certainly a lot stacked against us this year >

1- 6 day break compared to the Swans 7, fair enough though, the Swans earnt that by finishing 1st in the H&A.
2- 3 finals travels for us and 1 for the Swans, again earnt.
3- We have had 2 ferociously contested games going into the GF, Swans a tough one in the QF and an easy PF win.
4- Swans an extra week off.

I think that the fact that Sydney hasn’t played at the MCG since 28th April has been under examined in the media. That’s five months and I think it confers a major advantage to the Lions.🦁

This might put some things into perspective too. If Richmond can beat Sydney at the MCG, we can.

Last edited:
Edited for accuracy, in honour of FROCO's interactions with people on twitter.

Live update of something that just came onto my feed.

1727264744964.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My daughter has discovered War of the worlds and thought the song lyrics

The chances of anything comin from mars are a million to one they say........ But still they come. Translate well to

The chances of premiership coming from 5th are a million to one they say. Should have been .... king says.

Anyway this is what she put together. Remember she is 16yo, be gentle or say nothing.

Attachments

• war of the worlsds or smth.mp3
    5.1 MB
My daughter has discovered War of the worlds and thought the song lyrics

The chances of anything comin from mars are a million to one they say........ But still they come. Translate well to

The chances of premiership coming from 5th are a million to one they say. Should have been .... king says.

Anyway this is what she put together. Remember she is 16yo, be gentle or say nothing.
Awesome by your daughter Gadz, loved it.

Watching highlights from last years GF still hurts. Up 50-37 late in the 2nd

Just gave them too many quick replies and red time goals
Legitimately, the two after siren goals sunk us. Just one had to miss, just one!!

Is Neale okay?! 15 minutes and limping off isn’t great.

Do we know if the Punt Road training session tomorrow will be open to the public? Know we have the Caps run on Friday at 1,30pm at the G. (Swans have their Caps at 1.30pm Friday at the G - will be interesting getting supporters in and out - last year we were there 30 mins before it started to get a good possie)
From what I've heard it's kind of hard to restrict entry to Punt Road Oval. So even if officially it's a closed session you could probably just wander in for a squiz.

Legitimately, the two after siren goals sunk us. Just one had to miss, just one!!

Is Neale okay?! 15 minutes and limping off isn’t great.
It’s pretty much what Fages said last week (or whenever it came out that Lachie was carrying a foot injury). Ge barely trains, it calms down by match day, and he gets some painkillers. You can bet he’ll be jabbed up to his eyeballs come 2:30pm Saturday… there is no tomorrow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back