Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours swirling re: Zak Butters. Watch this space.

That he’ll join Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Geelong or North Melbourne? 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Their second rounder is 20 right? In what world would North offer pick 20 for CD.

Merely reacting to what was proposed in the article posted previously.

IMG_9027.jpeg
Not likely but they are hardly a competent organisation.

I’m not sure if we’re actively pushing Caleb out and they may have to overpay if they do really want him.

Daniel had a more down than up year but he's a player who has already reinveinted himself like four time in his career. With his dedication, hard work, and the fact that he can still kick and run well, means that there might be a spot for him somewhere on the field.

The one where we don’t need to offload a contracted player that they have chased.

Also a world where they gave up similar picks for Dylan Stephens & Zac Fisher.

This is the rub - they paid a pick 44 and pick 25 to 19 upgrade (not insignificant) for a Stephens that is still barely getting a game, for an already bad North.

Fisher + a 21 to 17 upgrade went for pick 25

He's not worth pick 20 but North need players who have provably been part and contributed to wins in their team ... to help them get future wins. Daniel has over 100 wins in his AFL career, not many can show that.

Sam Power​

As the Dogs' list boss, Power has plenty ahead over the next three weeks. There's the Bailey Smith trade talks, with the midfielder keen to get to Geelong but a deal not expected to come in the early stages of the period. Then there's Jack Macrae, who has three years left on his deal but wants to join St Kilda. The Dogs also have Caleb Daniel assessing his future, with North Melbourne keen on him. Midfield replacements are being eyed by Power and coach Luke Beveridge, with GWS pair James Peatling and Xavier O'Halloran in their sights, while the Dogs have also been keen on Port star Dan Houston but don't have the trade capital of other teams in the mix for the two-time All-Australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dogs also have Caleb Daniel assessing his future, with North Melbourne keen on him. Midfield replacements are being eyed by Power and coach Luke Beveridge,

I know it’s all my fault but every time I read these types of posts with “Power” mentioned I’m like “bloody Port Adelaide sticking their noses in our deals again”. For the less intelligent amongst us he should change his name to “Sam P” for the duration of trade week.

I’m hoping that if Daniel decides to leave we get that trade done early so we can just sit there waiting for the Saints on Macrae.
Especially since it blows away any idea that it's a salary dump if Caleb's already off the books.

I imagine that the salary relief from one of them leaving would be welcome but from the sounds of things it's not desperately needed by any means, and certainly not both of them. I wonder if either of them being traded adjusts our desire to keep the other. I'd be wary of losing too much experience.

They have finished in or just outside the top 4 for the past six seasons.
And didn’t win it hence top 4 finishes are nice but if you’re not winning it they’re irrelevant,

Bevo is under pressure no doubt but to suggest he’s even remotely number 1 let alone “clearly” is an absolutely laughable take

Genuinely believe the thing holding us back is our form at our ‘home ground’ Marvel. Has been pretty poor in the past few seasons.

Does anyone know the dimensions of Whitten Oval in comparison? Desperately need to figure out how to take advantage of our home games.

If Collingwood land Peatling and XOH stays at Giants I really fear for our prospects in this trade period. Considering scratching my eyes out so I don’t have to worry about it.

Genuinely believe the thing holding us back is our form at our ‘home ground’ Marvel. Has been pretty poor in the past few seasons.

Does anyone know the dimensions of Whitten Oval in comparison? Desperately need to figure out how to take advantage of our home games.

If Collingwood land Peatling and XOH stays at Giants I really fear for our prospects in this trade period. Considering scratching my eyes out so I don’t have to worry about it.
Edit:

Whitten: Arena Dimensions
160 x 130m

MCG:
Arena Dimensions
173.6 x 148.4m

Marvel:
Arena Dimensions
159.5 x 128.8m

Oh no we don’t win the trade period then I wish we could be like the bombers and win it every year instead we will just have to hope on natural progression from Darcy Ugle-Hagan Richards Naughton Busslinger Weightman Sanders O’Donnell West Freijah

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back