Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What are you prepared to pay for Dan Houston?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

this is a fun fallacy. Your right to express your opinion is true and valid. The opinion itself is free game. We don't have the right to claim opinions are equal in their thoughtfulness, perception and accuracy. Just that we all have the right to express ours. Just as someone has the right not to agree.

They have the right to disagree absolutely. They do not have the right to tell someone to stop on a public forum. Big difference. One poster stayed classy. The other attacked the poster after stating their opinion.

You've just listed 4 quality hbf capable of filling 2 spots, though Newman can partner Cowan as the pockets.
You've then got players like Boyd, Ollie & Kemp that if played back, should be options off a flank as well.
Meanwhile, we have 1 KPD & arguably 0 proven small forwards & no one with genuine pack in the midfield mix as it stands - perhaps I'm taking you too literally but I struggle to see how it's a comparable need, despite the quality available.
IMO part of the reason we've been left with such gaping holes elsewhere is that we've overinvested in flankers and missed on a few of our boom/bust draft selections or recruits traded in from elsewhere.

What KPD is available that would also really help us? It’s a need absolutely it’s a huge need but there just aren’t any good ones available and it’s a need for lots of clubs. Improved ball movement is also a big need for us. Greater ball retention especially going forward would not only improve our scoring power but also limit the amount of defensive mismatches we get on a counter. I’m fully agreeing that we need a KPD, small forward and so forth. But as I’ll state again, my opinion is we also need a damaging half back. Just because we have a glut of ageing half backs does not mean they’re damaging with the ball and that we can’t improve that line. We have lots of needs, but we can only go about methodically addressing them with what becomes available. Next year I believe we will target a better quality KPD.

BLUES DUO EXPECTED TO STAY​

CARLTON pair Matt Kennedy and Lewis Young look more likely to remain at the Blues, with no firm takers for the contracted duo. Kennedy and Young were encouraged to explore their trade options at their exit meetings last month, but there has been no movement on any potential trades ahead of next week's deadline. – Callum Twomey

Fortune favours the brave
No risk No reward
Nothing worth having comes easily

Collingwood taking risk on Houston.
Carlton preferring caution

Who comes out with the choccies here .. the 'let's play it safe' mob who prefer to kick back and watch others going for it?
Which team usually wins the Premiership .. the team that wants it most and does what it takes to get it?
If the Pies end up with him ... I'll be keenly watching to see how he plays against us...

Last edited:
No risk No reward

Who comes out with the choccies here .. the 'let's play it safe' mob who prefer to kick back and watch others going for it?
Which team usually wins the Premiership .. the team that wants it most and does what it takes to get it?
If the Pies end up with him ... I'll be keenly watching to see how he plays against us...

The loudest bark doesn't win a fight
Strike while the iron's hot
Who Dares Wins
Dont put all your eggs in one basket, and
NEVER LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH !!
🤣

In 12 months Houston will be rising 29 - let him go to Collingwood and be in the next wave of their ageing list demographic.

Trading him in for the capital being suggested denudes a club of the ability to replace him.

In 12 months he'll be 28. He's 27 now. he turned 27 in the middle of this year. Turns 28 middle of next year. Again, I'm wondering if people are deliberately fudging his age to help pad out their arguments on why they dont want him? It really seems deliberate.

this is a fun fallacy. Your right to express your opinion is true and valid. The opinion itself is free game. We don't have the right to claim opinions are equal in their thoughtfulness, perception and accuracy. Just that we all have the right to express ours. Just as someone has the right not to agree.
Although true Jim was condescending

In 12 months he'll be 28. He's 27 now. he turned 27 in the middle of this year. Turns 28 middle of next year. Again, I'm wondering if people are deliberately fudging his age to help pad out their arguments on why they dont want him? It really seems deliberate.

I think we should pass. At the rate he's aging he'll be verging on retirement by the end of the trade period.

No risk No reward

Austin must choose, but…

1728459540516.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Collingwood fan on another forum who is usually in the know.
Not the Gospel ... only I'm jumping off early to avoid disappointment
I'll leave it up to the Footy Gods from here.

Fair enough, thought he was turning 28 before the end of the year.

Question remains, is he worth to us 3 decentish picks over 2 drafts?

It’s relative value of course rather than an absolute but I’d want to offer a F1 and say a 2nd rounder with a third com8ngback in change.

Glad it’s not me making the decisions its easy to get caught up in all the hype with eg Houston being a good player etc
And maybe he gets to the filth which we hate strengthening those bastards but
Another thought is what happens if u can pick up a Bont or someone who will be a star for 12 yrs at our pick
hard to decide your stuffed if u do and stuffed if u don’t that’s where educated luck comes in

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back