Opinion 10 reasons why Richmond fans should believe in their next chapter

Remove this Banner Ad

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It's been 17 years since Richmond's last wooden spoon. This year, they found themselves at the bottom of the table with two wins to their name.
Cam Luke has give 10 reassuring reasons to Richmond fans in these tough times.

19PARi24JE0490.jpg

I would prefer to be us than Swans. You either win the GF or you don’t. Last or second it is all irrelevant.
We now have a great CEO, a coach who nos understand the list and a massive lesson in hubris

La Xbox GIF

Not what I would expect from a new CEO. I can think of like 8 things off the top of my head that could be included in a visionary statement for the next 10 years.

I would prefer to be us than Swans. You either win the GF or you don’t. Last or second it is all irrelevant.
We now have a great CEO, a coach who nos understand the list and a massive lesson in hubris
Do we have a fitness guy? Or are the boys going to run in the sand dunes?

I'm a bit shaky on this so anyone who knows please correct or add , a Hindu story
a town has descended into debauchery and corruption , god summons the town leaders
and asks them to give him 10 good reasons why their town should be spared and as they were leaving
he said sorry give one good reason why their town should be spared

so to our situation why should we have belief or hope for our future ?

At Punt Rd we have a form of passion , pride and culture you cant just buy off the shelf (GWS & Gold Coast wish they could 😊) and it will drive us forward ,as it has in the past

you've seen what the drugs scandal did to the passion , pride and culture at Windy Hill

some may not appreciate the early days of the Sydney Swans , getting into bed with Edelstein really corrupted the core of the club , they bottomed out big time chalking up a 43 game losing streak along the way !!! With the AFL appointing Ron Barassi to coach , he brought the passion and the reast slowly rebuilt from there and they have been a strong club for the past 20 years

I wouldn't have picked it but our new source of inspiration for passion and pride may be Nathan Broad

Go Broadie , Go Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 10 reasons why Richmond fans should believe in their next chapter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back