Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I see your impatience has hit my levels. Though credit to you, I've given up explaining this now. Actually ridiculous.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Haha, I'm about to lose my politeness on it though, particularly when some new dude is laugh reacting my post...

Obviously that's true. What I meant was they would on compromise on pick shuffles that result in us moving lower, not on us keeping 11. More currency, but later first pick. I.E They would agree to say 10 and 11 and two seconds back, but not 10 and 18 (which is more in value terms even on the new scale).

All this would be predicated on us not being prepared to walk away in the real non posturing world.

We pushed Baker’s price to pick 14 to benefit Richmond, they should be thanking us by taking 10 only for Bolton.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How is an out of contract Liam Baker even worth 14?

Kane Cornes ongoing vendetta against Gossage is deeply, deeply entertaining to me.
Also extremely typical of Gossage to defend West Coast 😂
10/10 all round

There’s some unreal copium in that one, Jury still out on Sheezel and the eagles having enough kids are two highlights

You do know that a team has to have picks for them to nominate in the first place?
Unless you're Geelong.

or even the Pies (Houston).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely, at what stage does Richmond start to consider the mental welfare of its player and just accept the deal on the table from Freo? Bolton is a relatively young guy with a young family literally in limbo across the country (pregnant wife, no less) and Richmond are greedily haggling over more picks to add to their already ridiculously strong draft hand. Seems like a seriously morally corrupt organisation.

I agree, but the thinking would be that Warner is not particularly set on either club and might make his choice based on which club has more draft capital to get the deal done with the least amount of fuss. Especially if WC are offering significantly more money.
and there it is!

Someone who finally gets it and doesn’t keep looking at the big picture with one eye.

Yes Warner chooses us it’s pretty much done*
* note players still change their minds - especially if there’s enough pressure from managers(remember they get a cut of the contract so it’s not much of stretch to assume they ll prefer the WC offer too and of course from Sydney.

However the best example is in fact Chris Judd.

He simply wanted back to Victoria much like Chad had stated with WA(confirmed by CTD)

It was no secret he preferred Collingwood (at the time the much successful than Carlton who were at bottom like WC are now)but as he said in his own words , even tho Collingwood assured him , as they would, he didn’t pick them because basically he couldn’t see how they got the deal done.

I mean we had the exact same thing happen with cerra and Melbourne

People keep on missing this key fact - PART of chads decision to pick us in the first place is which club he goes to WILL be which one can get the deal done .

So part of that will include us being in the “ball park” of WC trade assets

Now I don’t expect Chad to go all Liam baker on his new club but given his constant dialogue about Sydney football club I’m pretty sure he won’t be too impressed with his new club screwing them either.

So people need to understand if we’re all in on the chad which seems to be the case then part of that all in will be us appearing to have enough assets to get the trade done, especially with WC offer being so much more than ours both for dollars for Chad and picks for Sydney

Kane Cornes ongoing vendetta against Gossage is deeply, deeply entertaining to me.
Also extremely typical of Gossage to defend West Coast 😂
10/10 all round

God he is just such a salty, ignorant POS is Gossage.

This trade has nothing to do with Fremantle (apart from possibly pressuring the Eagles into giving up pick 3 for Baker 🤣 ) but he's still gotta try and draw attention away from the Eagles by saying something stupid like "wah wah the Dockers were going to offer pick 11 for Baker on Friday wah wah".

We were never going after Baker, let alone give up 11 for him and I think deep down he knows it, just like deep down he knows that dumpster fire of a club is FU(KED for the next decade after this trade/draft period and the next trade/draft period doesn't work out the way they had hoped and they are sitting on the ground floor of a rebuild with a bunch of compromised drafts inbound due to Tasmania coming into the comp.

Suffer in ya jocks Gossage ya co(k-eyed, slack-jawed fu(kwit!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back